What games have you purchased lately?

Chris-

New batch:

k2RxAMc.jpg
DrrSGfP.jpg

Not counting the Prime membership, I spent about $12 for everything that isn't Xenoblade 3. (gladly went in full price there)

Also bought Star Wars Fallen Order on PS5 with some leftover gift credit.  Had the PC versions, but I heard the consoles handle its UE4 stutters better and my PC is a wreck with it.

Batman Returns for Game Gear

I was dying to pick up something retro recently and I have some GG repair parts on their way to me (my unit was, poorly, recapped by someone in the past but when I went to play it recently it stopped working so I'm going to recap it again, install the clean power mod and put it into a new shell. I plan to also do an IPS mod sometime later this year).

• Halal 2

On 10/10/2022 at 10:25 PM, heydude93 said:

Rollerdrome, and well worth it! ^_^

I have been eyeing this lately. I have done really well the last 30 days. Having my SteamDeck near full internal and the added 1TB Micro sd card has really helped. I only bought Tekken 7 ultimate edition for 6 bucks and Little Nightmares 2 for 9 both from CDkeys.com. Both were steam keys and installed on SD. I have been building a Fighting library, so far I have Mortal Kombat 11 Ultimate ED, Soul Calibur 6 Ultimate ED, Street Fighter 5, Dead or Alive 6, Tekken 7 and Killer Instinct. Wish I still had the reflexes I once had so many tears ago!

• Halal 3

On 10/12/2022 at 9:30 PM, HardAct said:

I have been building a Fighting library, so far I have Mortal Kombat 11 Ultimate ED, Soul Calibur 6 Ultimate ED, Street Fighter 5, Dead or Alive 6, Tekken 7 and Killer Instinct.

I have also been building a fighting game library recently as well, I got all of the same ones that you got except for Dead or Alive 6 and Killer Instinct. I also got The King of Fighters XIV, Mortal Kombat XL, Samurai Shodown and Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3. I want to get Dead or Alive 5 because I liked it more than 6 based on the demos, but it hasn’t been on sale.

On 10/12/2022 at 9:40 PM, Phaseknox said:

I’m interested in this as well, please post some impressions when you play it. Thanks.

On 10/13/2022 at 12:31 AM, HardAct said:

ME TOO! I think I saw Tigers back on the cover!! I love golf games. I've had good fun with PGA 2k 22 lately on Xbox.

Ok so it’s much more deeper this year. From unlockables, to player level up progression, and a full fledged skill tree. It’s literally a golf RPG. Not gonna lie. It has a huge learning curve to start out with. I’m still trying to make the cut in the first Q-school tournament but I’m having fun. I feel like I’m learning each time I fail. I’m certainly getting better the more I play. It’s a great game of golf if you enjoy golf video games just don’t be fooled by Tiger on the cover. This isn’t EA Tiger Woods the arcade golf game. This is a golf sim and a damn difficult one. Now you can adjust the settings to make the game as easy as you want but I like to play at the difficult levels. Makes for a much more fun game to me. Also the new 3 click swing method takes some time adjusting too. I am much better using the 3 click method than I am the swing analog stick. It’s a great addition. Anyway I’ll dive deeper into it tomorrow and hopefully make the cut so I can get out of Q-school. 

• Thanks 2

• 2 weeks later...

Getting into the Sniper Elite series with Sniper Elite 4: Italia. Shit is awesome so far. Some of it reminds me of MGSV Lite gameplay wise which is by no means an insult, the contrary actually. Going prone, dialing in a sniping headshot and then watching a hyper-gory X-Ray slowmo shot of the impact never gets old.

Oops. I owe an update.

2 more retro items I couldn't help myself on (I already mention batman before). I know you're wondering why toshinden 2, but the LB/disc/manual was in good shape and it even still had the sponge. LB in good shape are getting harder to find. Tenchu was only $10 (Canadian).

spacer.png

Also this finally showed up last week. Still WIP on getting the GG in working shape again. The replacement case wasn't my first choice, it looks great in photos but okish in person (I originally wanted a grey one but went out of stock when I was ordering and I didn't feel like waiting).

spacer.png

spacer.png

Yeah I bought more retro shit yesterday. Since I've found myself with a lot of free time I've been hitting up retro shops I haven't been to in years. Went to another one yesterday and they had a massive stack of PC-Engine games for cheap. I found the one on the left in the pile for $10 (Appare! Gateball, aka Croquet), it's oddly quite fun even though the AI cheats (yeah I've known about this game for a long time). I also got comix zone for cheap, I've wanted a boxed copy for a while now but it's hard to come across boxed copies of later genesis games (since the boxes were at that period made of cardboard).

• Halal 1

14 hours ago, Phaseknox said:

The Alliance Alive HD Remastered

Assassin’s Creed Chronicles: China

Battlefield Hardline

Hunter’s Legacy

Justice Chronicles

Need For Speed: Rivals

Neverwinter Nights: Enhanced Edition

Sakura Wars

Valthirian Arc: Hero School Story

Ys IX: Monstrum Nox

I really need to just admit I want to move on to the pc version of Ys9 and start over, maybe I’ll get it on a winter sale. It’s rough on switch but I had a great time in the beginning  besides performance. I think I only need to replay like 7 hours or so to get to where I am.