What games have you purchased lately?

Chris-

Uggg, I thought I was done for the year but VGP got a restock of 13 sentinels aegis rim for switch and put them on sale for $30 Canadian. :/

They ship internationally if anyone else is looking for a cheap copy. They also have the PS4 version on sale for $20 Canadian.

I had every King of Fighters game ever besides 12 and 14 on my deck so I got 14 for $10 on cdkeys to help complete it. Didnt try it yet, I imagine it won’t be near as good as 15.

Annoyed that 12 isn’t on pc and runs on weird arcade hardware that is essentially just a pc itself. So now to complete it I’m going to have to figure out how to download some weird arrr arrr matey version that uses a windows wrapper and then get that to work in linux.

People don’t realize how hard my life is

6 minutes ago, Remarkableriots said:

@stepee @crispy4000

I thought I bought Yooka-Laylee Impossible Lair very recently, which at the time I thought was on sale. When I checked the game tonight, though, it was locked, so I thought, why is it showing up in my games list? I checked again, and under the game, I actually bought Trowser's Top Tonic Pack! :doh:

I don’t get why they even let you buy dlc without owning the game. If you have a pc that can run it though it’s only $3 on cdkeys, which means that actually everybody should buy it. I just got myself a copy since I had it on switch because I mean $3.

• Like 1

Just now, stepee said:

I don’t get why they even let you buy dlc without owning the game. If you have a pc that can run it though it’s only $3 on cdkeys, which means that actually everybody should buy it. I just got myself a copy since I had it on switch because I mean $3.

Unfortunately, I don't have one anymore. My PC was trash anyways like at least 12+ yo. When I moved from Reno, NV, to Indiana, I left most of my stuff behind.

• Sad 1

6 hours ago, stepee said:

It’s been a buck on Fanatical before in a bundle, free on EGS and Amazon as well.

• Like 1

Yeah but this is for the Steam version! Either way it’s $3 now and everyone should buy it.

I also went a little crazy last night going down a rabbit hole doing a filter search on cdkeys for $5 and under and ended up getting 23 Steam games for less than the price of one new AAA!

Trek to Yomi

Chorus

Windjammers 2

Asterix & Obelix: Slap them All

MARSUPILAMI - HOOBADVENTURE 

The Legend of Tianding

Dodgeball Academia

Mr. DRILLER DrillLand

Journey

Moonlighter Complete

Streets of Rogue

Supraland

Flower

Marvel vs Capcom Infinite (really just to have it before licensing issues gets it delisted some day)

Alone in the Dark Anthology (1-3 and the lame 2000’s one)

Tempo The Badass Elephant

Pix the Cat (my fav vita oled show off!)

Gauntlet (2014)

Joe Danger

Rocket Knight (remake)

Disneys Hercules

Sam and Max Hit the Road

Kings Quest Collection (1-7)

All in all a good mix of stuff I’ve wanted to try, indies that never got cheap enough for me on Switch, and classic stuff I just wanted to own on Steam.

I was surprised how many big name games and solid indies kept popping up all the way down the list if you keep going and just breeze past the junk and dlc. Tons of great games for $1-$3 there.

• Shocked 1

4 hours ago, stepee said:

Yeah but this is for the Steam version! Either way it’s $3 now and everyone should buy it.

Fanatical sells Steam keys.  I made a thread when it was $1 a year ago :)

Maybe pay attention to Fanatical a bit more.  Quite a few of those were cheaper there at some point, then resold on CD Keys for a profit.  Either that or from Humble Choice.

14 minutes ago, crispy4000 said:

Fanatical sells Steam keys.  I made a thread when it was $1 a year ago :)

Maybe pay attention to Fanatical a bit more.  Quite a few of those were cheaper there at some point, then resold on CD Keys for a profit.  Either that or from Humble Choice.

Yeah I should check it more though I think the problem for me is that I won’t be checking it all the time and the deals expire, cdkeys I like because they typically always have super cheap prices so I can just browse whenever and get good stuff I want. Humble is usually too much for what I want, like I wanted Tianding from last month so getting that by itself for $1.29 is more appealing to me. 

7 hours ago, stepee said:

Yeah I should check it more though I think the problem for me is that I won’t be checking it all the time and the deals expire, cdkeys I like because they typically always have super cheap prices so I can just browse whenever and get good stuff I want. Humble is usually too much for what I want, like I wanted Tianding from last month so getting that by itself for $1.29 is more appealing to me. 

The deals expire, but that's part of the fun for me.  (bring back the holiday flash sales please, Valve)

It really depends on the game.  For example: Tinykin is $6.69 on CD Keys right now.  Fanatical has it for $6.99 bundled with one other game.  And there's some more than decent second options.  (ie: To the Moon pack, Teslagrad 2, Bad North, Bestheda games, etc)

4 minutes ago, crispy4000 said:

The deals expire, but that's part of the fun for me.  (bring back the holiday flash sales please, Valve)

It really depends on the game.  For example: Tinykin is $6.69 on CD Keys right now.  Fanatical has it for $6.99 bundled with one other game.  And there's some more than decent second options.  (ie: To the Moon pack, Teslagrad 2, Bad North, Bestheda games, etc)

$7 for Tinykin (great game, really need to play more) and Fallout 4 seems pretty solid for sure. Now that I’m back with a deck where I play it more as an actual handheld and not moonlight/travel device than when I switched to ROG I’ll have to check it more. I have bought some stuff (usually vr) before.

spacer.png

A bit slow to get around to posting this, they arrived a week ago. This is one hell of an expensive set (all sealed) but also not my most expensive 3ds games (I've got yokai watch 3 and Persona Q2 Showtime ed). I also realized after buying them that I bought RH & SMG:SJ digitally before the eShop closed. I'm happy to have them in my collection (I think i'm above 150 games which does include a few digital duplicates).

I got split/second, I had it set to notify for when it came back to cdkeys and it did so I got it for $3 - Always heard good things about it and it seems pretty fun! Unlocking to 60fps seems a little annoying though so I’ll just play it as it was released for now.

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, stepee said:

I got split/second, I had it set to notify for when it came back to cdkeys and it did so I got it for $3 - Always heard good things about it and it seems pretty fun! Unlocking to 60fps seems a little annoying though so I’ll just play it as it was released for now.

If you got the Xbox 360 version it is BC on the Series X and you can still play it online! :o

Confused Robert Downey Jr GIF
So you see, I was on Amazon last night… I bought “The Legend of Heroes Trails Into Reverie” for switch. It oddly was discounted to $50 and I knew it wouldn’t last. Falcom games recently have the habit of shooting up in price once the initial batch sells out (even if nisa does a reprint run). I’m not sure when I’m going to find time to play all the switch games I bought at the end of this year.