What games have you purchased lately?

Chris-

2 hours ago, best3444 said:

I didn't know you liked sports games.

I don’t like too many sports games, but I’ve always liked golf video games. The Tiger Woods games are some of my favorites. I’m playing PGA Tour 2K21 now, and I like it so I got PGA Tour 2K23. I want EA Sports PGA Tour as well, but it’s not on PS4 so I’m going to have to wait to get it when I get a PS5.

6 hours ago, Phaseknox said:

I don’t like too many sports games, but I’ve always liked golf video games. The Tiger Woods games are some of my favorites. I’m playing PGA Tour 2K21 now, and I like it so I got PGA Tour 2K23. I want EA Sports PGA Tour as well, but it’s not on PS4 so I’m going to have to wait to get it when I get a PS5.

Me and @Biggie bought PGA Tour a month ago. He plays it more than I do but it's a really solid golf game.

• True 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I've uhhh gone a bit to crazy on yahoo auctions again 

:facepalm:

I'll let you have fun decoding what I bought as I wait for package #2 & #3 to show up by boat in a month...

Package #2

Spoiler

spacer.png

Package #3

Spoiler

spacer.png

Most expensive thing happens to be in package 3. =/ At least on a number of these I saved a bit of money due to buyee having a promotion.

• 3 weeks later...

3iB5lWj.png

Picked up the Humble Games bundle this month of their own published titles, for $14.  Their desktop app and subscription library is going away (I never used it), but I figured that's why they did a big bundle of their own stuff.

I also got Tales of Arise for $5 new at Gamestop's recent sale.  There's some other enticing stuff too, but stock is a big issue (unless you order a crazy amount for free shipping).  Not a bad deal if you can manage it!

I keep picking up physical switch games here and there when I find them on sale/cheap. Recent pickups over the last few weeks was NieR:Automata and Taiko no Tatsujin: Rhythm Festival (Love the taiko series, only one i had on switch so far was TnT Drum 'n' Fun digitally).

Usually I randomly buy a bunch of stuff but with Games Pass being so good lately and my backlog being get ran over like Stepee being the only way I'd ever have time to get to it all, I haven't bought much lately. Just the High on Life/Knife bundle that I eventually would like to get around to, Ruiner because it was $1.99 and maybe one day I'll play it again, and Avengers for the $3.99 or whatever it was before it got delisted. I haven't played any of the 3 yet... well since I bought them because I did play High on Life somewhat and beat Ruiner when it was on GP awhile ago. 

Added another switch game to the pile of shame thanks to the amazon sale. I picked up Trinity Trigger, I'm looking forward to this one when ever I can get around to it. Reviews praise it for being an homage to Secret of Mana.

Man the last years of a system always cause my backlog to balloon from both picking up games while I can still find stock and older title sales.

• Halal 1

37 minutes ago, Biggie said:

If I download Rockstar Presents Table Tennis off the store will it be playable on my Series X even though it’s an old 360 game? @stepee

Someone can correct me if I’m wrong but I believe anything you actually see in the store will be backwards compatible. I don’t think they keep anything there anymore that isn’t. That game is Bc though so definitely.

• Thanks 1

It took a while but one of my two boxes from japan arrived. I'd say i went a bit neo geo heavy but my other box is all neo geo. Interesting extra bit is the ps2 game, seven, is related to one of the psp games, venus and braves. V&B is the follow up and originally was released on the ps2 but later got a psp port. I use to own the ps2 game in the past which is how I knew about the two games. There is also a bit of a forgotten Atlus dungeon rpg in the top right.

spacer.png

Next box has already passed through customs and I'll have probably early next week.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, best3444 said:

You will relapse soon with all these amazing games out! :sickos:

Never ever a doubt but it's nice practicing patience while it lasts. I really have nothing on the horizon either that I can think of and that's amazing in and of itself!! Other than Elden Ring DLC I'm not buying anything for awhile. Starting to put a little bit away every month or so in the 5080Ti/5090 gaming PC build kitty also. Not buying games is really helping there too! That's gonna need 3-4k :daydream:

• Like 1

AHHH HELL just remembered Boulders Gate III damn it. I really do want that game! looking for a sale. Anyone play BGIII of the Ally? if so how well does it translate? Text wise especially can you set in size of text for smaller screens? Any BG3 and Ally impressions would be greatly appreciated!

• Haha 1

My second box from japan showed up today!

spacer.png

If you had to take a guess on which game was the most expensive, who would have said world heroes 1? That one ended up 5,000 Yen more expensive than Jet 2. =/ Sadly I have a strong affinity for World Heroes series so i've wanted these for a while now (I already had WH2 AES and the entire series of 4 games on Neo CD). The soccer games I got because they were bundled in a single auction and just wanted to add to my Neo CD collection (it also wasn't very expensive).

I'm now going to go ban myself from yahoo auctions/buyee for another few years....

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, chakoo said:

My second box from japan showed up today!

spacer.png

If you had to take a guess on which game was the most expensive, who would have said world heroes 1? That one ended up 5,000 Yen more expensive than Jet 2. =/ Sadly I have a strong affinity for World Heroes series so i've wanted these for a while now (I already had WH2 AES and the entire series of 4 games on Neo CD). The soccer games I got because they were bundled in a single auction and just wanted to add to my Neo CD collection (it also wasn't very expensive).

I'm now going to go ban myself from yahoo auctions/buyee for another few years....

Do you play the games you collect? I see your posts on this stuff a lot.