What games have you purchased lately?

Chris-

Just bought Lost in Random and DORFromatik for PC. Both were less than 6 bucks. Haven't played LIR yet but I highly recommend DORF. It's a tile land builder with lots of charm and it very easy to pick up and play. You match 6 sided tiles to terrain the best you can completing tasks and making a large map that will never replay the same way again. I REALLY REALLY like it!

I got Hatsune Miku Logic Paint S, I thought it would be a nice deck game. I guess it's a nonogram puzzle game, like picross sorta. Tried out a couple of puzzles. It's not bad, a good deck game especially when it was under $10

capsule_616x353.jpg?t=1670815957
STORE.STEAMPOWERED.COM

"Hatsune Miku Logic Paint -MIKULOGI-" has evolved! Hatsune Miku Logic Paint S is now available on the Steam!

4 hours ago, GameDadGrant said:

Also a swath of Switch games, including:

Crisis Core: Final Fantasy VII Reunion 

Madison

They Always Run

Sonic Frontiers

ATARI 50: The Anniversary Collection

Demon Throttle

Pokémon Violet/Scarlet

Why didn’t you italicize Sonic Frontiers? :confused:

I got the Spyro Reignited trilogy, and at least for me, the game is a buggy mess. As soon as I got to the second world, the game totally broke. Dash either wouldn't work anymore or I couldn't stop dashing until I hit a wall, enemies would freeze when I hit them, gliding stopped working, etc. The game completely stopped functioning. Not to mention, while my framerate never dropped noticeably, my system was putting out some serious fucking heat while I was playing it. Like, more than it put out while playing AC: Valhalla on max settings.

If you're going to get the game, probably get the PS4 version.

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/4/2023 at 3:12 PM, TwinIon said:

Browsing through the Steam sale and I realized I never played either recent Doom game. I bought Doom, played an hour or so, and liked it well enough to pick up Eternal.

WOW REALLY??

Both ARE FANTASTIC with Eternal being a real GEM. Doom Eternal is a 10/10 for me with Doom 2016 being a 9/10, Eternal is just sexy

Ordered Hogwarts (thought I had this but it was in cart!), Dead Space, and Spongebob Cosmic Shake from cdkeys for $118 total, would have been only $114 but I let the hogwarts price go up since I forgot the last order submit button.

Gotta love cdkeys, that price is crazy for day1  when Hogwarts and Dead Space are $70 each on console. It’s like saving $26 and getting Spongebob for free!

8 hours ago, nublood said:

Sonic Frontiers because I needed something fun and less stressful after Ragnarok. Oh wait, there’s timed challenges that require fast twitch reflexes and near perfect reaction time to complete said challenge. 

Game is still a lot of fun though. 

I played over 20 hours of this and had a great time. I played on easy too so I could just relax and play. 

I traded in 2 sealed games I'm never going to open (1 was a duplicate) for store credit and got some genesis games I've been wanting for a while (also jp copy of Dragon Slayer to use up some remaining credit). Shadow Dancer is still soo good to play (I prefer arcade shinobi over genesis shinobi), today was also my first time ever playing Zero Tolerance it was not bad.

spacer.png

• Like 1

Well just bought Dead Space Remake on Series X for the were fact that I have to play something on the new consoles. Not a biased PS5 vs. Series X thing in anyway, I've just been totally ignoring them completely since I bought them! I know for a fack though that I will enjoy DS and can't wait to play and finish SOMETHING on the Series X. They let you pre load the game so that's nice. Plan on playing it late at night and pissing off my wife with the theater's Bass booming from this creepy dive down memory lane.......

On 1/21/2023 at 12:08 PM, stepee said:

Ordered Hogwarts (thought I had this but it was in cart!), Dead Space, and Spongebob Cosmic Shake from cdkeys for $118 total, would have been only $114 but I let the hogwarts price go up since I forgot the last order submit button.

Gotta love cdkeys, that price is crazy for day1  when Hogwarts and Dead Space are $70 each on console. It’s like saving $26 and getting Spongebob for free!

My only issue with Origin is that for things like Dead Space/Jedi Survivor, I would really prefer a Steam Key rather than an Origin/EA App for easier use on Steam Deck.

On 1/25/2023 at 6:20 AM, AbsolutSurgen said:

My only issue with Origin is that for things like Dead Space/Jedi Survivor, I would really prefer a Steam Key rather than an Origin/EA App for easier use on Steam Deck.

I’m that way with some things, but with Dead Space (and Jedi probably) I feel like you’d have to really work to get it running on deck and compromise a lot so I couldn’t imagine playing it on my deck and not preferring to just stream it with moonlight. 

Id still prefer to have it on Steam because also I like just seeing how things run and don’t want to bother with the ea app on it just to do that now, but weighted against a $42 launch price it felt right.

Now to add to this topic besides those three I also picked up Forspoken and had to get Pizza Tower as well because that looks amazing.

• 3 weeks later...
On 1/24/2023 at 9:05 PM, chakoo said:

Shadow Dancer is still soo good to play (I prefer arcade shinobi over genesis shinobi)

spacer.png

That Shadow Dancer box brings back a lot of memories. I like the original arcade Shinobi more than it, but The Revenge of Shinobi and Shinobi III are my favorite Shinobi games.

• 2 weeks later...