What games have you purchased lately?

Chris-

:skull: Will companies stop putting stuff on sale! I'm running out of space for my switch backlog...

Recent switch physical adds over the past week:

* Star Ocean The Second Story R

* Made In Abyss

* Bomb Rush Cyberfunk

* Demon Slayer- The Hinokami Chronicles

On 3/30/2024 at 9:20 PM, chakoo said:

:skull: Will companies stop putting stuff on sale! I'm running out of space for my switch backlog...

Recent switch physical adds over the past week:

* Star Ocean The Second Story R

* Made In Abyss

* Bomb Rush Cyberfunk

* Demon Slayer- The Hinokami Chronicles

Nice! Let us know how you feel about Bomb Rush Cyberfunk. I bought that when it launched and played it for an hour or so. To me, it was a little “stiff” but once I got used to it, I was having fun. 

It gave me pretty good Jet Grind Radio vibes so that helped in the ye olde “Fun Factor.” :p:p

• Halal 1

I impulsively bought Pokémon Brilliant Diamond when I saw Amazon had it for $40. Haven’t played a mainline Pokémon game in over a decade, and I skipped this generation the first time around, so it feels “”fresh””.

• Halal 1

9 hours ago, stepee said:

I bought my niece Princess Peach Showtime for Easter - not that I give Easter gifts but I just wanted a good reason to give her the game because it’s amazing.

She will always remember that. Good uncle right there. 

On 4/1/2024 at 2:10 PM, 5timechamp said:

I needed another time sink game.. I went an bought this old indie title called Diablo 3 hope it keeps me busy… so far it feels like an advanced variation of gauntlet but with a bit more addiction

Diablo 4? It's endgame is far from perfect but the mainline game is really quite good. Most of the negativity around it is a repetitive endgame and endgame loot being a little stale.

Hell Divers 2 is another good option.

On 4/1/2024 at 9:12 AM, GameDadGrant said:

Nice! Let us know how you feel about Bomb Rush Cyberfunk. I bought that when it launched and played it for an hour or so. To me, it was a little “stiff” but once I got used to it, I was having fun. 

It gave me pretty good Jet Grind Radio vibes so that helped in the ye olde “Fun Factor.” :p:p

I've only played a bit and I'm enjoying it but could do without the combat. That first battle was annoying with constantly having someone off-screen that you need to fight. Other than that I love how much this game tries to be a spiritual sequel to JSR(F) games, it's why I picked up a copy.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, chakoo said:

I’ve only played a bit and I'm enjoying it but could do without the combat. That first battle was annoying with constantly having someone off-screen that you need to fight. Other than that I love how much this game tries to be a spiritual sequel to JSR(F) games, it's why I picked up a copy.

Yeah the boss battles are annoying for sure. 

I was out and about today and picked up World of Hitman and Pikmin 4. I might have a Quick Look at the eshop sale and see if anything grabs me…namely whether I actually want FF9 and FF6 on my Switch.

• Like 1

On 4/6/2024 at 12:42 PM, gamer.tv said:

I was out and about today and picked up World of Hitman and Pikmin 4. I might have a Quick Look at the eshop sale and see if anything grabs me…namely whether I actually want FF9 and FF6 on my Switch.

Is there a reason you WOULDN’T want FF6 and FF9 on Switch? 

Heh heh. FF6/9. As in…FF69. Heheheheheh.

…I’ll show myself out.

• Sicko 1

Looking forward to next week. I ordered all the Analogue Pocket Cart Adapters when they were restocked on Friday. Out of the lot, I'll get the most use out of the PC-Engine & Game Gear adapters since I have a decent collection for both. I do have one NGPC game (MOTM, boxed) but no Lynx games. :thinking: Maybe it's time I should start buying a few Lynx games.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Phaseknox said:

Aurora’s Journey and the Pitiful Lackey

Cybertrash Statyx

Indigo Prophecy

Kingdom Come: Deliverance Royal Edition

Raging Bytes

I recently bought Kingdom Come Deliverence and it is extremely realistic to a fault imo. Granted I didn't get too far but it's pretty complicated in it's systems and you can litteraly die by not eating lol. The visuals are absolutely incredible though and so are the characters and voice acting. If you give it your undivided attention it probably is a really unique gaming experience. 

ONLY Street Fighter 6 in a very long time too in between. I feel I'll be in PC gaming buying true form again when I can build a NEW Gaming RIG and drop a 5090 in it. I know it'll be 1500-1800 for the card this go around but it should hold me for a LONG time. My 2080Ti is still doing quite well but it's nothing compared to todays tech!

23 hours ago, best3444 said:

I recently bought Kingdom Come Deliverence and it is extremely realistic to a fault imo. Granted I didn't get too far but it's pretty complicated in it's systems and you can litteraly die by not eating lol. The visuals are absolutely incredible though and so are the characters and voice acting. If you give it your undivided attention it probably is a really unique gaming experience. 

I originally bought it when it came out, and played quite a bit of it. I enjoyed it for the most part, but it had a lot of bugs. I stopped playing it because I got a gamebreaking bug, and got rid of it. I never really planned on getting it again, but the Royal Edition that includes all of the DLC is currently on sale for $4 so I bought it.

22 minutes ago, Phaseknox said:

I originally bought it when it came out, and played quite a bit of it. I enjoyed it for the most part, but it had a lot of bugs. I stopped playing it because I got a gamebreaking bug, and got rid of it. I never really planned on getting it again, but the Royal Edition that includes all of the DLC is currently on sale for $4 so I bought it.

Pretty sure the bugs are taken care of now. At least I didn't have any when playing. $4 is a steal. 

Just picked up Avatar: Frontiers of Pandora Gold Edition.  Mostly because I've heard so much about the graphics, and how much I enjoy the IP.

Normal Price -- $150 + Tax = $169.50

What I paid = $169.50 less 40% sale = $101.70 less 20% off for spending 100 Ubi points = $81.36 less $15 Wallet credit earned from previous purchase = $64.44

I've been a big fan of the single player DLC from Ubi, and since they never seem to put the DLC on sale, it made sense to bundle it in the Gold edition if I was going to effectively get 50% off.

• Hype 2

1 minute ago, AbsolutSurgen said:

Just picked up Avatar: Frontiers of Pandora Gold Edition.  Mostly because I've heard so much about the graphics, and how much I enjoy the IP.

Normal Price -- $150 + Tax = $169.50

What I paid = $169.50 less 40% sale = $101.70 less 20% off for spending 100 Ubi points = $81.36 less $15 Wallet credit earned from previous purchase = $64.44

I've been a big fan of the single player DLC from Ubi, and since they never seem to put the DLC on sale, it made sense to bundle it in the Gold edition if I was going to effectively get 50% off.

You're in for a graphical showcase my friend. I was interested in this game myself so please post impressions. Reviews are solid but I respect your opinion on most things. 

5 minutes ago, best3444 said:

You're in for a graphical showcase my friend. I was interested in this game myself so please post impressions. Reviews are solid but I respect your opinion on most things. 

I will play this once I'm done with H:FW.  It takes me quite a bit longer to finish games than you, so it may be a month or so before I start it.

I loaded it up, hoping to get a benchmark (which I couldn't find), and instead watched the VERY long intro to the game.

I'll post my opinions in the Avatar thread once I've actually sunk my teeth into it.

• Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, AbsolutSurgen said:

I will play this once I'm done with H:FW.  It takes me quite a bit longer to finish games than you, so it may be a month or so before I start it.

I loaded it up, hoping to get a benchmark (which I couldn't find), and instead watched the VERY long intro to the game.

I'll post my opinions in the Avatar thread once I've actually sunk my teeth into it.

I'm unemployed living with my parents like George Constanza lol. I SHOULD beat games faster than you. :p

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, AbsolutSurgen said:

Yeahhh the game makes you wait to see the full view of its technical splendor. Dont forget to unlock the actual max settings. It starts off pretty strong and I think has a lot of really great highs and is worth playing but man it has some anti fun BS forced mechanics. I would recommend playing on easier than normally you would to cut back on having to search for particular items in order to stay competitive against enemy’s. 

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, stepee said:

Yeahhh the game makes you wait to see the full view of its technical splendor. Dont forget to unlock the actual max settings. It starts off pretty strong and I think has a lot of really great highs and is worth playing but man it has some anti fun BS forced mechanics. I would recommend playing on easier than normally you would to cut back on having to search for particular items in order to stay competitive against enemy’s. 

Do you recommend me buying on PS5? I'm a fan of ubi and their style of gameplay. Minus your negatives I know you at least enjoyed it to the point of completion. 

25 minutes ago, best3444 said:

Do you recommend me buying on PS5? I'm a fan of ubi and their style of gameplay. Minus your negatives I know you at least enjoyed it to the point of completion. 

If you can find it for cheap I’d say pick it up to check out the graphics. You might like it at least at first but also might check out of it quick once the difficulty ramps up - it’s a hard game on it’s easiest setting especially if you aren’t going out of your way to level.

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, stepee said:

If you can find it for cheap I’d say pick it up to check out the graphics. You might like it at least at first but also might check out of it quick once the difficulty ramps up - it’s a hard game on it’s easiest setting especially if you aren’t going out of your way to level.

Well I was just watching a bunch of video reviews and it does seem worth my time. That is interesting that even on easy it's still difficult. I think I'm going to bite because I need something new to play. I liked Avatar and it's world, too.