Where do you stand with the current Marvel shows/movies?

I enjoyed most of the Marvel movies over the years. Always super hyped leading up to their release. All the movies slowly tieing together, leading up to a huge final showdown in Endgame. It was a fun ride. Since Endgame though... I haven't had any desire to watch Marvel stuff. I had wanted to maybe check out Wandavision but just never got around to it.  Loki, Black Widow, Shang Chi, and Hawkeye I'm just like meh. I don't think I've seen any of the movies since Endgame, other than Spider-Man. 

For those of you who are Marvel fans, are you consuming anything and everything they put out, or are you being more selective?

I consume almost everything and anything pretty much. I’m behind on my Netflix shows and have yet to see Shang-Chi, The Eternals and Black Widow. I’m waiting until I get my new receiver to enjoy them on my projector and in 3D with (sadly now) my Amazon.jp import discs. Overall I’ve been enjoying everything, some more then others, but not tired of them yet

1 hour ago, DarkStar189 said:

I enjoyed most of the Marvel movies over the years. Always super hyped leading up to their release. All the movies slowly tieing together, leading up to a huge final showdown in Endgame. It was a fun ride. Since Endgame though... I haven't had any desire to watch Marvel stuff. I had wanted to maybe check out Wandavision but just never got around to it.  Loki, Black Widow, Shang Chi, and Hawkeye I'm just like meh. I don't think I've seen any of the movies since Endgame, other than Spider-Man. 

For those of you who are Marvel fans, are you consuming anything and everything they put out, or are you being more selective?

Burned out on 99% of it, between the shows and current/upcoming films it feels like an over indulgence . And maybe its just me but right now there is so much entertainment between music/movies/television/books and gaming at my fingertips that most of the Marvel stuff is just back round noise .

I'm still in on the movies, by and large, though I don't know that I'll go see all of them in the theaters at this point, just my favorite characters / the big ones. The TV shows have been decent treadmill / bike / elliptical fodder. Now that I know they can pull off something like Infinity War / Endgame competently, I'm curious as to what the next "big bad" will be.

The first two episodes of Hawkeye are REALLY good. Like, the best thing they've put out in years, imo. Loki was really good but also really frustrating. Wandavision had high highs and low lows as did What If. Shang chi and black widow were both "fine." I haven't seen eternals yet.

All in all, I still haven't seen anything bad. It's all been really good at best and passable entertainment at worst.

I keep up with movies, even though they've largely been a shrug to me for a while. Black Panther is last one I really loved, and that's nearly 4 years ago. Other than that, I would have to go back to the first Guardians.  The TV stuff I haven't kept up with very well, but I have high hopes for Hawkeye. 

I'll watch Spider-Man. Not really interested in tv shows or the other movies. I'm just kinda done. I don't dislike any of them (I still have never seen Thor 2 all the way cause I kept falling asleep), but I just feel they are past their expiration date now. I want to see movies that don't all have the same look and feel, that don't all have the same quippy quippiness. It sucks that superhero movies have kinda sucked all the oxygen out of Hollywood. 

Of course I'm still watching all of this shit... my ten year olds self would never have believed any of this would even be possible. For me watching all of the shows and movies is like reading all of the comics when I was growing up. That said I have't watched Hawkeye yet. Will probably wait until at least 4 episodes ae up before I start... I can no longer watch most TV shows week to week.

I consume it all. The Marvel stuff is the great equalizer at home. Everyone here likes it enough and there isn't really so much that it becomes overbearing to keep up with. I'm pretty sure there's been more Flash on TV this year than anything live action MCU.

I'm only really catching the movies when they come home. It's just impossible to find babysitting these days. I'll catch Eternals next month from my couch, but maybe watch Spider-Man in theaters during winter break.

I've always been pretty meh on Marvel cinematic stuff. I voraciously read lots of comics as a kid and teenager though. Still do some of it.

For movies I liked the Phase I stuff for the most part. Everything afterwards is a vague blur of mediocrity but I did appreciate the accomplishment of Endgame even if most of the journey there is completely forgettable. I haven't seen anything after that except like others have said maybe Spider-Man. Not sure if that was after or before.

I watched Loki and enjoyed it. I dropped off Falcon and Winter Soldier at about episode 3. Haven't seen any of the other stuff and don't really plan on it. But I'll definitely watch a second season of Loki if there is one.

I read a lot of comics but the only Marvel things I still read (though sparingly these days) are Spider-Man and X-Men.

Haven't seen Shang-Chi, Black Widow, The Eternals, Loki, Wandavision and Falcon. I think I watched Captain Marvel with a pretty good buzz on, so I don't remember much of it. I watched the first episode of Hawkeye. I plan on finishing that. 

Honestly, though, if we are losing RDJ, Scar Jo and Evans for good, I'm not super excited for the next phase. I thought they were perfectly cast, especially RDJ and Evans. I was always looking forward to seeing them.

I guess I'm looking forward to another Ant-Man and Thor (If they keep the same tone and quality as Ragnarok). I feel I've seen so many Spider-Man movies over the past 20 years that I'm a little burnt out on him, especially with the announcement of another trilogy.

I've fallen off lately. I had seen every movie up to Endgame. I think I watched Spider-Man which came out after that, and that was the last thing I watched. I'm somewhat looking forward to the new Spider-Man movie and I intend to try out some of the shows the next time I activate Disney+.

So I have yet to see Eternals or Shang-Chi, as for Black Widow, I let that play in the background while I prepared dinner one night & even went as far as to swap inputs to my other Xbox to check out something quick, forgot that the movie was playing back on my other Xbox when I swapped back and audibly said to myself "Wow, this crap flick is STILL going?"

As for the shows, F&TWS was meh at best while WandaVision was alright, definitely better than most of Loki to be sure. Hawkeye has potential but I'm at a point where trepidation has set in & slightly evolved to apathy.

I've kept up on most of Marvel's stuff, although I haven't bit the bullet on watching The Eternals yet. There's just nothing about that part of the franchise that excites me. It seems almost as if they're just trying to create IPs in hopes of creating IPs. Black Widow was ho hum, and Shang-Chi was decent but extremely, and I mean EXTREMELY formulaic, even to the point where I thought to myself, "you know, the only thing missing from this movie is Michelle Yeoh" and then Michelle Yeoh showed up. Not that I minded, but it kind of showed how uninventive they were being with this new part of the franchise.

We're still into... I see every single one of these in the theaters with my kids and we have a good time.

BUT...

That said, we're now way behind due to COVID.

Haven't seen Black Widow or anything that's come out afterwards.

Have not watched What if? or Hawkeye. 

Being this far behind makes it start to feel a little overwhelming.

19 minutes ago, ort said:

Hey, I finally got around to resubscribing to Disney+ and we watched Black Widow tonight. It was incredibly okay.

Black widow and Shang-Chi were both that way for me. Shang-Chi starts really strong and then just loses steam, to the point I was kind of actively tuning out by the climax.

You can skip What If, honestly. Or just watch like the last two episodes if you want to get "caught up" on how it impacts the greater story, but it's probably not important.

However, I HIGHLY recommend Hawkeye, at least so far. We'll see how the second half of the show goes, but the first 3 episodes have been a delight. They are a bit long for the D+ shows, though. I think each one has been at least a full 45 minutes, not counting credits. Some of the Wandavision episodes were like 20 minutes long, same with What If

Do you think it matters if we watch Hawkeye before Eternals?

I liked Shang-chi, but yeah, they raised the stakes way to high by the end. It got too silly too fast. The dad is the freaking bad guy, not some soul dragons we got introduced to 15 minutes before they show up. Everyone of these dang movies doesn't have to about saving the whole universe. I mean, I like Awkwafina, she steals every scene she's in (which is like all of them) but why is she in this movie at all? So they have someone to explain everything to? Ben Kingsley felt super unnecessary and random too.

This movie feels like it got "punched up" at some point. It felt like a movie that got re-written halfway through.

Hawkeye is, at least so far, a long form buddy cop movie (I mean, I guess Falcon/Soldier was, too, just not nearly as good), and they pull it off extremely well. The action, the pacing, the acting (Hailee Steinfeld is awesome), the villains, they're all great.

Now, if they pull a Loki and have that all amount to nothing other than "stay tuned for season 2 in 2023", I'll be pissed. But it's my understanding that this is a standalone series.

I've watched them all and find the majority of them to be forgettable "fine". I watch them and am relatively entertained for 2 hours and have no desire to go back and watch them again afterwards. The last one I would consider to be a good movie was Infinity War.

• 5 weeks later...