Official "Look How Insane and Shitty ALL GOP Officials Are" Thread

3 minutes ago, MarSolo said:

Scrolled through his Twitter real quick and he’s one of those “listens to podcasts while he runs” guys, which is an ability I admire and I could never achieve. I need MUSIC when I do the run.

Oh same, podcasts are for driving or working outdoors. For running, I need something hard.

?url=http%3A%2F%2Fnpr-brightspot.s3.amaz
WWW.APR.ORG

Alabama lawmakers are advancing a bill that would make it a crime to help a non-family member request, fill out or return an absentee ballot. The Senate Governmental Affairs committee on Tuesday voted 5-2 — in a vote that fell along party lines — to advance the House-passed bill to the full Alabama Senate.

STOP
TELLING
PEOPLE 
IN 
RED

STATES
TO
JUST
VOTE
HARDER
AND

DO
SOMETHING
ABOUT
VOTER
SUPPRESSION

• Guillotine 1
  • Halal 1

6 hours ago, Spork3245 said:

@SuperSpreader I'm not sure which version looks more like a serial killer. I mean, obviously both, but one is def more "danger! danger!" than the other. I think the stubbled one.

11 minutes ago, TUFKAK said:

I mean dude looks like an incel mass shooter so I do fear him.

The Photoshop looks like a person who would dismember someone duct taped to a chair in a room lined with plastic with Hewey Lewis playing in the background.

The original picture looks like a 19 year whose siblings keep mysteriously dying from "crib death" cause he sneaks into their room at night and stares motionlessly at them for 4 hours before smothering them with a pillow.

• Haha 4

7 hours ago, Firewithin said:

she is your next VP candidate*

I'd be very curious what her name recognition is. The terminally online like us know who she is, but do the voters who will just tune in for the presidential race? And once she hits the bigtime, she is INCREDIBLY unappealing and if she is on the ticket will not do a thing to earn a single undecided vote.

34 minutes ago, thewhyteboar said:

I'd be very curious what her name recognition is. The terminally online like us know who she is, but do the voters who will just tune in for the presidential race? And once she hits the bigtime, she is INCREDIBLY unappealing and if she is on the ticket will not do a thing to earn a single undecided vote.

Imagine Sarah Palin but like 10x as dumb.

• True 2

11 hours ago, GeneticBlueprint said:

Imagine Sarah Palin but like 10x as dumb.

I mean... Sarah Palin pretty much blew the cover off the radical right. It was only after 2008 that the GOP was like "ooooohhhhh, shit, there's a whole SHITLOAD of people that will vote for us if we just hit on guns, abortions, a border fence, and gays!"

Sure, some of those things were a part of the Republican platform here and there, and gay marriage was a big ticket issue at the time (which Obama was initially against, I might add), but it wasn't until after Palin that Republicans started to go full-MAGA, before they even had a name for it (I guess Tea Party was MAGA 1.0)

• Halal 2

On 5/24/2023 at 8:47 AM, CastletonSnob said:
?url=http%3A%2F%2Fnpr-brightspot.s3.amaz
WWW.APR.ORG

Alabama lawmakers are advancing a bill that would make it a crime to help a non-family member request, fill out or return an absentee ballot. The Senate Governmental Affairs committee on Tuesday voted 5-2 — in a vote that fell along party lines — to advance...

STOP
TELLING
PEOPLE 
IN 
RED

STATES
TO
JUST
VOTE
HARDER
AND

DO
SOMETHING
ABOUT
VOTER
SUPPRESSION

Literally nobody here is telling you that.

10 hours ago, Signifyin(g)Monkey said:

No, MAGA was a patch for Tea Party 1.0 that went horribly wrong and permanently screwed up the meta.

I don't know. With the election of Nixon, the Republicans realized the religious right was an untapped market, but throughout the 80's, and even the 90's, there wasn't a whole lot of difference between Democrats and Republicans. Seriously, watch debates from the '92 election. Clinton and Bush weren't significantly different. That's how Perot got so popular - he was against things like NAFTA which both Clinton and Bush were for, so if NAFTA was your big voting issue, neither Republican nor Democrat was your bag. I'm pretty sure my dad said he just didn't vote in that election.

It's hard to say whether MAGA is a feature or a bug. On the one hand, it gave Republicans license to never actually have policy suggestions in mind ever again. They can just tell "WOKE" and somewhere between a third to a half of the country will vote for them. On the other hand, they're chained to it. They literally have no actual policy. They have a vague "cut spending" policy, but they couldn't begin to tell you what to cut from.

I suppose it's a poignant mirror of capitalism. They know that their "policy" (if you can call it that) is unsustainable, but they don't care. They'll be gone by the time any consequences are felt.

In short (I've typed this on my phone so I have no idea if my thoughts are even coherent), Sarah Palin was the turning point where the Republican party turned into a grift that only exists to get themselves elected and purposefully not do anything. They found a cheat code.

• Halal 2

Paxton is telling a tall tale:

"If we'd lost Harris County—Trump won by 620,000 votes in Texas. Harris County mail-in ballots that they wanted to send out were 2.5 million, those were all illegal and we were able to stop every one of them," Paxton said on Bannon's War Room podcast. Naturally, Paxton lied to Bannon's listeners — Harris County planned to mail out applications for mail-in ballots to all registered voters due to the COVID-19 pandemic. However, Paxton's office successfully blocked this initiative through litigation.

Well, you see, as long as the "vast majority" of victims already have pubes, then the vast majority of the problem isn't that priests are pedophiles, it's that they're gay, therefore a much more dangerous problem. It's basic science, you see.

• Haha 1