Official "Look How Insane and Shitty ALL GOP Officials Are" Thread

It's kind of weird, but in Canada the Conservatives are basically pushing nuclear power as the future in the few places we don't have hydro. Canada is basically 80% renewable energy already, and the remainder is mostly in places without mountains or huge rivers. Nuclear power is perfect for the prairies where you have huge unpopulated areas. I'm glad it's becoming a non-partisan issue here, with actual designs being made for new nuclear plants to replace coal and natural gas.

• Like 1
  • Halal 1

230510124945-lt-gov-mark-robinson-0304.j
EDITION.CNN.COM

North Carolina Lt. Gov. Mark Robinson, the state's first Black lieutenant governor and the GOP front-runner for the 2024 gubernatorial race, repeatedly lambasted the "so-called" 1960s Civil Rights Movement, lamenting that "so many freedoms were lost during the civil rights movement."

• Confused 1

9 minutes ago, Brian said:
18pol-desantis-01-vkhp-facebookJumbo.jpg
WWW.NYTIMES.COM

In a phone call with top donors, the Florida governor took his most direct shots yet at Donald Trump. He is expected to officially enter the presidential race next week.

Apparently Chris Christie is also gonna run, so we're gonna see Christie eat the Meatball I guess. 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, CastletonSnob said:

He's saying it like it's some kind of old time folksy phrase that only sounds bad if you haven't heard it before. But what does Democrats being rare have to do with using dogs to hunt them down?

Exactly which endangered species do we fucking hunt with a pack of beagles?

5 minutes ago, BloodyHell said:

No, it’s really good. He’s not an exciting host, he has mentioned he’s on the spectrum, but he’s good at asking follow ups and letting guests speak.

Okay, now I feel bad for poking fun at him, but he gave me Dennis Reynolds vibes.

7 minutes ago, MarSolo said:

Okay, now I feel bad for poking fun at him, but he gave me Dennis Reynolds vibes.

Eh, he wouldn’t care. Guy cares about interviewing people, bjj, and his job. I’ve never heard him express a political opinion, but people dislike him because he will interview anyone he thinks is interesting. I’ve never minded that, so I like the guy. I know how not to listen to the guests im not interested in.

2 minutes ago, BloodyHell said:

Eh, he wouldn’t care. Guy cares about interviewing people, bjj, and his job. I’ve never heard him express a political opinion, but people dislike him because he will interview anyone he thinks is interesting. I’ve never minded that, so I like the guy. I know how not to listen to the guests im not interested in.

Scrolled through his Twitter real quick and he’s one of those “listens to podcasts while he runs” guys, which is an ability I admire and I could never achieve. I need MUSIC when I do the run.