Official "Look How Insane and Shitty ALL GOP Officials Are" Thread

15 minutes ago, Jason said:

I think she said impressively incorrect? 

From Politico's Olivia Beavers:

To be clear, I asked: “Was the name calling correct? There was a Daily Beast story that said you called her “a little bitch.’”

“Impressively correct,” she replied.

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, TUFKAK said:
3000.webp
APNEWS.COM

The Bible will return to the shelves in a northern Utah school district that provoked an outcry after it banned it from middle and elementary schools last month...

can't believe they're caving on not stocking smut smfh

14 minutes ago, TUFKAK said:
3000.webp
APNEWS.COM

The Bible will return to the shelves in a northern Utah school district that provoked an outcry after it banned it from middle and elementary schools last month. The Davis School...

The outcome everyone expected but hopefully it keeps getting challenged.

Seriously, MS students should start refusing to sit in classrooms unless teachers and admins can prove a menstruating girl hasn't also sat there.

Just random bible stuff to gum up the works.

5 hours ago, Spork3245 said:

IMG-7835.jpg

2023-02-08T225620Z_1475026719_RC237Z9YK6
WWW.THEDAILYBEAST.COM

And she might not be the only one.

They apparently have "standards". lol. lmao.

marjorie-taylor-greene-85745.jpg
WWW.POLITICO.COM

At least two hardliners have discussed trying to boot members who no longer meet the group’s standards, according to three Republicans with knowledge of the talks.

• Sicko 1
  • Halal 1

230628234452-01-jesse-watters-062823-res
WWW.CNN.COM

On a Friday morning in April, Fox News talk host Jesse Watters walked onstage to a room stuffed with hundreds of insurance executives and agents. Watters was the featured speaker at a breakfast for the Big “I” Legislative Conference, the signature annual event hosted by the Independent Insurance Agents & Brokers of America, where he was invited to participate in an interview with the organization’s retiring president...

Watters, who has a history of making offensive remarks on Fox News, made a crude comment questioning the gender of Vice President Kamala Harris, the people said. The gross attempt at humor prompted some laughs, but also outrage.

Some executives, many of whom planned to attend a diversity and inclusion luncheon later in the day, squirmed in their seats as a wave of awkwardness washed over the audience. Others walked out of the room and conveyed to the trade association that they were appalled at the behavior exhibited by Watters.

The chat between Watters and Rusbuldt, which continued on after the appalling remark, had immediate consequences. Rusbuldt, who was set to officially retire in August, apologized to those gathered at the diversity-focused luncheon later that day. But ultimately it was not enough to quell the outrage. He was later quietly sidelined from most duties at the insurance organization.

When asked for comment on Wednesday, a Fox News spokesperson told me that Watters had “no recollection” of the events.

“In fact, the unscripted Q&A he participated in was well received with executives thanking him profusely afterward, enthusiastically taking photos, and presenting him with an award,” the network spokesperson said. “He was told it was one of the best talks they’ve ever held and never received feedback from the organization or his speaking agent after the event.”

It was a perfect speech, some would say the most perfect of speeches!

• Hugs 1

1 hour ago, PaladinSolo said:
230628234452-01-jesse-watters-062823-res
WWW.CNN.COM

On a Friday morning in April, Fox News talk host Jesse Watters walked onstage to a room stuffed with hundreds of insurance executives and agents. Watters was the featured speaker at a breakfast for the Big “I” Legislative Conference, the signature annual event hosted by the...

Watters, who has a history of making offensive remarks on Fox News, made a crude comment questioning the gender of Vice President Kamala Harris, the people said. The gross attempt at humor prompted some laughs, but also outrage.

Some executives, many of whom planned to attend a diversity and inclusion luncheon later in the day, squirmed in their seats as a wave of awkwardness washed over the audience. Others walked out of the room and conveyed to the trade association that they were appalled at the behavior exhibited by Watters.

The chat between Watters and Rusbuldt, which continued on after the appalling remark, had immediate consequences. Rusbuldt, who was set to officially retire in August, apologized to those gathered at the diversity-focused luncheon later that day. But ultimately it was not enough to quell the outrage. He was later quietly sidelined from most duties at the insurance organization.

When asked for comment on Wednesday, a Fox News spokesperson told me that Watters had “no recollection” of the events.

“In fact, the unscripted Q&A he participated in was well received with executives thanking him profusely afterward, enthusiastically taking photos, and presenting him with an award,” the network spokesperson said. “He was told it was one of the best talks they’ve ever held and never received feedback from the organization or his speaking agent after the event.”

It was a perfect speech, some would say the most perfect of speeches!

Audio recording of event incoming in 5....4.....3.....

5 hours ago, Remarkableriots said:
ron-desantis-marijuana.jpg
WWW.MARIJUANAMOMENT.NET

Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis (R), a 2024 Republican presidential candidate, has signed a bill that expressly prohibits sober living facilities from allowing residents to possess or use medical...

Let’s see who wanted medical marijuana in Florida so badly in the first place. Oh look, it was him in 2019

20 minutes ago, GeneticBlueprint said:

How long are alimony payments supposed to last?

Depends on the divorce. If one spouse was stay at home their entire life and never put together a career they could live on, the alimony could go for life or until the other spouse was retired or too old to afford it. It could also go on forever in exchange for something like partial ownership in a business they founded together. In other cases, the alimony might just go on for a few years until the receiving spouse has had a chance to get on their feet and be able to support themselves. Other times, alimony can be waved because why not.

Nothing in divorce is a requirement unless the judge forces you hand, like how the judge told my ex to drop her insurance and move back onto mine because Blue Cross makes more than with money. Now she'll be on my plan until either the kids age out and I can move to a single person plan or I remarry.