~*The Capitol Hill Beer Belly Putsch Official Thread*~

No rush, impeachment can wait until Monday. 

5ff97ea4bde805001980c07c?width=1200&form
WWW.BUSINESSINSIDER.COM

Trump, according to the New York Times, was concerned that his supporters might be held back. In the end, the opposite was true.

• Guillotine 2

9 minutes ago, finaljedi said:

So does Biden have the authority to revoke his clearance after he's sworn in?  For the first time in history one our biggest national security threats may be the ex-President.

Presidents don't have clearances, they have access via the office. But do ex-presidents actually get briefings? 

12 minutes ago, Jason said:

No rush, impeachment can wait until Monday. 

5ff97ea4bde805001980c07c?width=1200&form
WWW.BUSINESSINSIDER.COM

Trump, according to the New York Times, was concerned that his supporters might be held back. In the end, the opposite was true.

Just now, Jason said:

Presidents don't have clearances, they have access via the office. But do ex-presidents actually get briefings? 

I think I have read that presidents maintain clearance and can request PDB. But it is not customary that they just continue to get briefings.

5 hours ago, SuperSpreader said:
201013124903-11-barrett-hearing-1013-lee
WWW.CNN.COM

President Donald Trump and his attorney Rudy Giuliani both mistakenly made calls to Republican Sen. Mike Lee as deadly riots were unfolding at the US Capitol earlier this week, a spokesman...

15 hours ago, b_m_b_m_b_m said:

he called a hit out on him in real time

These two stories fit nicely together.  Right after 2 p.m., he tried to call Senators to overturn the vote.  When he didn't get his way on the phone calls, he sent out the Pence tweet.

59 minutes ago, CitizenVectron said:

There will be another coup attempt in the next 8 years, and it will likely succeed.

I think it's possible, but it's not written in the stars. I think what happens in the aftermath of this matters a lot. Trump actually being charged with a crime--ANY of his crimes, which are obvious and numerous at this point--would make me feel a lot better.

3 hours ago, Comet said:

The first thing I did was zoom in to see what PS4 titles he was all about.

You'll find every yearly release of Call of Duty.

3 hours ago, Ricofoley said:

They got the Shaman

I would love it if every person taken into custody cited Donald Trump.  Even more proof the impeach and imprison the Imbecile-in-Chief.

1 hour ago, Ricofoley said:

The fact that a lot of the people in the capital were age 50+ is one thing that's keeping me from being completely despondent about the future. I think that generation was completely brain-poisoned by decades of right-wing propaganda, and that at, in spite of all the awful shit there is online, young people by and large haven't been dosed with it in the same way.

That is the age who grew up in the Cold War era, and those 50+ people have kids born right before the Cold War ended so undoubtedly these 30-something-year-olds will share a lot of leftover sentiment. These people were seemingly raised to think that any way, procedure, or norm they didn't grow up with is communism, because they'll label any change as communism without actually thinking about it.

1 hour ago, ort said:

Fox News is just carrying on like it's just another news week. All of their opinion ghouls are just comparing everytihng to the BLM stuff this summer and making fun of journalists for exaggerating and of course more Hunter Biden shit. I kept flipping over there and that was literally all they were talking about. No footage of anything, they aren't showing the images. They are downplaying everything and just trying to move on.

The right wingers in my Facebook are all doing the same thing. Everything is viewed as a comparison to the riots over the summer.

These fucking people are incapable of self reflection. They are too stupid and up their own ass to ever change. You cannot even talk to them anymore. It's pointless.

And ironically they are saying the same thing about us.  CNN has brainwashed the left, downplayed the BLM riots yadda yadda yadda.  I called people about how they're brainwashed by Fox News and they haven't even commented back yet :(  Usually I at least get a reaction emote, but now they are just covering their eyes and plugging their hears when they hear dissention.

17 minutes ago, Jason said:

I found a Four Seasons Nail Salon in DC where one of the user reviews said they do not give the same service for black women as they do everyone else.  So that seems like a decent candidate for another barn burning press conference totally exonerating the President.

The tweet itself is unrelated, but the guy on the right I grew up with and went to the same high school as. There’s a good chance he was one of the guys at the coup if he was able to afford a plane ticket, because he constantly posted threatening statuses towards elected officials before his Facebook and Twitter were banned.

1 minute ago, MarSolo said:

The tweet itself is unrelated, but the guy on the right I grew up with and went to the same high school as. There’s a good chance he was one of the guys at the coup if he was able to afford a plane ticket, because he constantly posted threatening statuses towards elected officials before his Facebook and Twitter were banned.

Facebook has become a forever reminder as to why I was justified in hating the individuals I did.  The amount of people from my highschool I've seen justify the actions of these terrorists or play make-believe that it was "ANTIFA" who caused it has been appalling.  

1 minute ago, vaxick said:

Facebook has become a forever reminder as to why I was justified in hating the individuals I did.  The amount of people from my highschool I've seen justify the actions of these terrorists or play make-believe that it was "ANTIFA" who caused it has been appalling.  

I blocked two relatives today. That might not seem like a lot to most people but I barely keep in contact with any of them to begin with.

I tried to ride out the election, but it's clear Trump brain is a longterm, chronic affliction.