~*The Capitol Hill Beer Belly Putsch Official Thread*~

1 hour ago, CitizenVectron said:
210108-washington-riot-police-clash-capi
WWW.NBCNEWS.COM

"We will come in numbers that no standing army or police agency can match,” wrote a popular Parler user who frequently posts about QAnon.

You know what? Fine.  Let's cross this bridge now, maybe the cops can tool up and pretend these are black people hanging around a park and these people can discover the real world.

20 minutes ago, Ricofoley said:

This is basically now the standard line from Republicans against impeachment, and I've seen multiple people today point out, correctly, that it's basically the exact language that domestic abusers use. "Just don't provoke me and I won't have to do it again."

I think there are valid arguments for why pursuing impeachment or invoking the 25th is a bad idea, but that statement is ridiculously stupid, craven, dishonest nonsense.

5 minutes ago, SuperSpreader said:

I hope Pence is just keeping his cards close to his chest and surprises us all..

He wont. Any time they say they are thinking about it, mulling it over, considering, weighing all the options,... its code for "ill just wait till shit blows over and do nothing".

39 minutes ago, b_m_b_m_b_m said:

Let me be clear: there are 0 bad reasons for persuing impeachment against trump, even at this late hour

AGREED. Everyday this incompetent fuck is in office, thousands of Americans are dying. He put more effort into circumventing the Twitter ban last night than he did into the Covid crisis and the Russian Hack in the last several weeks. Impeach his ass.

Gonna need someone else that's far more trustworthy than Seth "Game Theory" Abramson to corroborate that Proud Boys were the ones who pushed past the barriers and also had coordinated identifiers. 

EDIT: Here's where that's revealed:

Also, those two tweets are saying things but also heavily implying that there is a connection, though he does not come out and say it. He's leaving room for when this turns out to not be true. 

Like I said. I need more than Abramson trying to get attention for me to buy that Trump sanctioned the Proud Boys to do this. 

Pence being at the inauguration is him saying "No, it WAS a fair election. GG Biden you won!"

It's sad that I get any pleasure at all in awful far right individuals doing the bare minimum right thing. And if Pence DID invoke the 25th amendment, well... Yes, we could have used it three years ago at the least, but hey, further good on him.

Will it happen though? We'd all be shocked if it did.

1 hour ago, Ricofoley said:

This is basically now the standard line from Republicans against impeachment, and I've seen multiple people today point out, correctly, that it's basically the exact language that domestic abusers use. "Just don't provoke me and I won't have to do it again."

Look if I hold my teenage children accountable they will just get more upset and angsty so as a responsible parent I’m going to hope for the best and that they straighten out on their own.

1 hour ago, Ricofoley said:

"We should not retaliate for 9/11 as it will just cause more violence"