~*The Capitol Hill Beer Belly Putsch Official Thread*~

18 minutes ago, mclumber1 said:

The 25th gives an alternate way of removal, as it doesn't have to be done with the cabinet.  The 25th allows Congress to determine the body that has that power.  Perhaps in this new Congress that statute should be updated to remove this authority from the cabinet and give it to some other group of people.

Honestly I think we need to think outside of the 25th and have a new amendment regarding presidential elections and the transition of power.

For example, I've had a thought that starting the Sunday before the presidential election day, the president loses all powers and they are transferred to a transition committee made up of majority and minority leaders of both houses of congress (or similarly institutionally senior members of each body) and the chief justice. They assume all presidential duties, but cannot sign new laws and effectively are a caretaker until either it becomes clear that the current president is reelected (in which case they can unanimously agree to return power to the president) or the newly elected president is sworn in. Might have a few other details to work out but that's the general outline I think we need to start considering.

Doesn't change the status quo of politics but forces an orderly transition of power and places the power of the state outside of the president during the transition period.

Also the Clyburn thing isn't saying they aren't going to impeach now, just that they'll wait to send it to the senate, which they should do anyways since Dems will be in control then, 100 days is way too long though, but i don't see an issue with dragging Trump through the mud for weeks then sending it to the senate and doing it again.

1 minute ago, PaladinSolo said:

Also the Clyburn thing isn't saying they aren't going to impeach now, just that they'll wait to send it to the senate, which they should do anyways since Dems will be in control then.

12:01pm on January 20th is the latest they should wait till :p 

• Guillotine 2

2 hours ago, CayceG said:

That probably isn't unreasonable. If there's no chance of this Senate convicting Trump within the next 10 days, then Trump is out of power and they could take as long as they need to try and convict him. From a Congressional procedural calendar standpoint, it might make sense to deal with initial legislation to get shit done. Then the impeachment trial can happen. 

The only problem is the longer it takes for them to do it, the less likely they are to do it. This fat orange piece of shit needs to be held accountable PERIOD. This so called "Law and Order" President has NOT mentioned the Officer his supporters killed ONCE. 

8 minutes ago, PaladinSolo said:

I'm honestly curious how these idiots think this ends for their party?

The reason they're trying to making "unity and healing" stick as the narrative is that there's nothing else they can possibly say that isn't insane on its face or that reveals how complicit they were in the run-up to this