~*The Capitol Hill Beer Belly Putsch Official Thread*~

9 minutes ago, skillzdadirecta said:

Does anyone know WHO is actually running the fucking country right now?

It really seems like the chain of command totally broke down on Wednesday, and the plan is just to sweat out the next 10 days and hope nobody asks too many questions about it

?m=02&d=20210110&t=2&i=1547250716&r=LYNX
WWW.REUTERS.COM

Democratic-led efforts to impeach U.S. President Donald Trump for a historic second time gained momentum over the weekend, although it looked far from certain whether enough Republicans...

Democratic members of the House of Representatives will introduce articles of impeachment on Monday after Trump encouraged his supporters to storm the U.S. Capitol on Wednesday, Representative Ted Lieu said on Twitter.

That probably isn't unreasonable. If there's no chance of this Senate convicting Trump within the next 10 days, then Trump is out of power and they could take as long as they need to try and convict him. From a Congressional procedural calendar standpoint, it might make sense to deal with initial legislation to get shit done. Then the impeachment trial can happen. 

3 minutes ago, CayceG said:

That probably isn't unreasonable. If there's no chance of this Senate convicting Trump within the next 10 days, then Trump is out of power and they could take as long as they need to try and convict him. From a Congressional procedural calendar standpoint, it might make sense to deal with initial legislation to get shit done. Then the impeachment trial can happen. 

I wonder if they drag him in to be questioned, since he no longer has any way to prevent them from doing so.

5 minutes ago, CayceG said:

Fair enough. I just worry the more we move away from it, the more we will hear calls that we need to move on and heal as a nation. Like, I wonder if it is better to do it now ASAP when it is still fresh in people’s minds.

• Like 1

Just now, Joe said:

Fair enough. I just worry the more we move away from it, the more we will hear calls that we need to move on and heal as a nation. Like, I wonder if it is better to do it now ASAP when it is still fresh in people’s minds.

This is absolutely a great concern with this strategy. But it's a tough decision because there's a slightly better chance of conviction under the next Congress than this one. 

Also, again, the Senate is out of session until the 19th and to change that you need every single senator to agree. Regardless of anything else the trial won't be during his presidency

It's also absolutely imperative that the biden admin gets their guys in and that some form of initial stimulus is passed

It's already too late. Nothing matters.

All of my right wing "friends" are posting stuff comparing what the Democrats are doing to how the Nazis came to power. They are comparing the Capitol Building Riot to the 2010 Wisonscon Capitol Building Protests and saying that the liberal media is bias.

Nothing matters. These people are too far gone and too stupid and the Republican Party cares about nothing.

We've reached peak insanity. People have lost their fucking minds. People I know and love have been brainwashed and their minds destroyed by this shit. We're watching the end of the world.

• Like 1

If waiting 100 days could create a full complete picture of what happened sure... but it doesnt matter, the folks who most need to hear & understand what happened will be shielded from that truth by their media.... The Trumpist already have a narrative in their heads

im just curious as to where Trump will go, he feels like hes too big a deal to be ordered to testify....  do you honestly expect that rambling toddler to answer question? or does he just spout and ramble on a leftist agendas and spout propaganda or forget things as he pleases?  The man is a caricature and everyone pro or against treats him as such.. he need tangible punishment to the few things he does care about.. (his freedom, spawn).... Trying to verbally admonish him or testify is just providing him a platform to turn into a circus... you need to arrest him, jail him so as to humble him and deny him this sense of power and immunity that he has carried his whole life. Neither the Dems or GOP have the courage to do either

So if we do have to wait 100 days, I think the best case scenario would be for Trump to flee the country due to the potential he'll be indicted in NY (and maybe even Georgia).  It would be much easier for at least 16 Republican Senators to vote to convict a felon on the run than it would be otherwise. 

Just now, mclumber1 said:

So if we do have to wait 100 days, I think the best case scenario would be for Trump to flee the country due to the potential he'll be indicted in NY (and maybe even Georgia).  It would be much easier for at least 16 Republican Senators to vote to convict a felon on the run than it would be otherwise. 

If they're going to impeach if he tries to run they can easily remove his USSS detail

Trump has revealed yet another weakness in our system. I am not sure there is a good solution to removing a president in the situation he has put us.

Trying to remove him via impeachment for this is like trying to microwave a Thanksgiving turkey.

The 25th presents it's own problems in that it was never meant to remove someone kicking and screaming from office.

The 25th gives an alternate way of removal, as it doesn't have to be done with the cabinet.  The 25th allows Congress to determine the body that has that power.  Perhaps in this new Congress that statute should be updated to remove this authority from the cabinet and give it to some other group of people.

4 minutes ago, mclumber1 said:

The 25th gives an alternate way of removal, as it doesn't have to be done with the cabinet.  The 25th allows Congress to determine the body that has that power.  Perhaps in this new Congress that statute should be updated to remove this authority from the cabinet and give it to some other group of people.

Like all things, it doesn't help right now and will assuredly be abused by the GOP in the future.