Joe Biden beats Donald Trump, officially making Trump a one-term twice impeached, twice popular-vote losing president

Not to piss Wade off with talk of "mechanisms" but I wonder if the GOP may combine two tactics/talking points to steal their electors.

They claim that recounts can not be properly completed in such a time, therefore due to claims of widespread voter fraud the state legislature is going to use its discretion to award their electors to Trump.

16 minutes ago, Chairslinger said:

Not to piss Wade off with talk of "mechanisms" but I wonder if the GOP may combine two tactics/talking points to steal their electors.

They claim that recounts can not be properly completed in such a time, therefore due to claims of widespread voter fraud the state legislature is going to use its discretion to award their electors to Trump.

They'd have to find a sympathetic judge to pull that off. I think they're plan was to assume that they could get away with it thanks to all the "loyal"  judges appointed over the last four years. It just hasn't really worried out that way thus far.

4 minutes ago, Uaarkson said:

Realistic ideas on what happens if he is successful? I can’t imagine anything other than nation-wide riots.

It would. Luckily the police across the country aren't complete Trump supporters willing to quell protests with sheer violence...

9 minutes ago, Chairslinger said:

Do the legislatures in these states want riots?  Because that's how you get riots. 

• Haha 1

43 minutes ago, Chairslinger said:

They can't do this, it requires them to change the laws, and since the election already happened it wouldn't affect this years outcome.  I'm also pretty sure since it'd have to be a law the Governor would also have to sign off on it.

Anyway heres the PA AG.

5 hours ago, PaladinSolo said:

Its Happening Ron Paul GIF

Flippant answer:

Serious answer:

There are already hundreds of thousands of impoverished people living in Mississippi due to Republican mismanagement and misrule. If they were cut off from the Federal government their lives would get even worse. How about the entire GOP state government self-secedes? Let them live on the Great Pacific Garbage Patch and make their dream country.

This is a perfect example of Trump doing the right thing, but in the wrong way and for the wrong reasons. You know this is just about leaving a shitshow for Biden to have to deal with.

1605120297618.jpg
WWW.AXIOS.COM

The move comes as a signal that Trump wants to accelerate the withdrawal of troops from the Middle East.

L6CWFWE3OII6JBVDDNLPMSJF6Y.jpg&w=1440
WWW.WASHINGTONPOST.COM

In choosing Ronald Klain as White House chief of staff, Joe Biden is sending a signal that he will seek to restore Washington’s traditional ways after the chaos of the Trump era.

Biden has selected his chief of staff. I know nothing about this guy. Anybody here familiar with him?

4 minutes ago, Xbob42 said:

This is the grift that never ends

It just goes 'round and 'round, my friends

Some people started buying it

Not knowing what it was

And we continue buying it forever just because

Not knowing what it was

Not knowing what it was

Not knowing what it was

It just goes 'round…

Just now, Commissar SFLUFAN said:

Someone realized they're not gonna get paid.

trump-3-6-e1488831267649.jpg
LAWANDCRIME.COM

President Donald Trump has a top litigator in his corner during the Justice Department's investigation of Russian connections to his presidential campaign. But Marc Kasowitz wasn't the Trump team's first choice, according to a report by Yahoo News, and it turns out the others just weren't interested.

5 minutes ago, Jason said:

LAWANDCRIME.COM

President Donald Trump has a top litigator in his corner during the Justice Department's investigation of Russian connections to his presidential campaign. But Marc Kasowitz wasn't the Trump team's first choice, according to a report by Yahoo News, and it turns out the others just weren't interested.

The order of this quote has always struck me. Someone would be willing to take the payday and deal with him being the legal client from hell even if it ruined their reputatation...if they were actually going to get paid.

16 minutes ago, Jason said:

LAWANDCRIME.COM

President Donald Trump has a top litigator in his corner during the Justice Department's investigation of Russian connections to his presidential campaign. But Marc Kasowitz wasn't the Trump team's first choice, according to a report by Yahoo News, and it turns out the others...

Can't pay*