Joe Biden beats Donald Trump, officially making Trump a one-term twice impeached, twice popular-vote losing president

29 minutes ago, Commissar SFLUFAN said:

I recommend three investigative agencies, jointly administered by two of the branches of government with responsibility for investigating the third.  In other words:

Legislative + Executive investigates Judicial

Legislative + Judicial investigates Executive

Judicial + Executive investigates Legislative

Would that then require any punishing actions to require at least 2 of the 3 agencies to agree? And that would still require one of the agencies to vote against their boss? Or would that be mitigated by the fact that agents could not be removed or appointed without agreement from both branches that administered them?

9 minutes ago, b_m_b_m_b_m said:

i know a lot of us (me) can be a little crazy sometimes, especially now, but all in all I think we (me) are holding everything together better than this food network star

Screenshot_20201110-225056.png

I love Alton Brown. His YouTube videos while in quarantine have been great. His Twitter was actually pretty hilarious on election night. He had also totally lost in thanks to tons of booze and an air fryer.

Just now, vaxick said:

Probably explains why Honda's reliability has gone downhill these days.  

My father in law used to be an engineer at Honda.

Then he quit his job cashed out his 401k to travel to Cabo for 3 months and now runs a food truck in Florida that he bought with the last of his savings at age 62 so needless to say Honda has been sus for a while imo

10 minutes ago, Jason said:
mike-pompeo-john-bolton-credibility-trum
WWW.NEWSWEEK.COM

Bolton added that he thinks there are "very few people" in the U.S. government who believe that Trump sincerely won the presidential election.

I love the fact Biden laughed today after saying secretary of state when commenting on Pompeos statement. 

That Voight video is representative of how deep to their core GOP supporters believe they've been wronged just as DEM supporters feel they are being cheated

Its crazy that GOP folks believe to their core that they won.. how the hell do you find common ground with people who feel they were cheated?  Trump and cronies may have their reasons for doing this but the damage being done is monumental “if” (and the way this is going is a big if) Biden and his folks finally get the White House.. they need to investigate as many of the Trump folks as possible... some will never accept the truth but maybe some will be discredited enough where we never have to see them again..

Are we potentially headed to a Simpsons-like scenario where Trump and Biden have separate inaugurations? Trump @White House and Biden somewhere else?

The Trump organization folks deserve jail for all the deception and suffering theyve caused

8 hours ago, Jason said:

This is kinda what I was talking about when I said it’s an open question as to whether our electoral machinery is equipped to deal with this situation.

We just don’t know, because no president has been narcissistic and devoid of principles enough as to actually wield the power of his office to defy and challenge an election result. I’d like to think our institutions are up to the task, but they’ve never really been tested like this...I don’t think the founders were counting on us putting a mad king on the throne, so who the hell knows?

1 minute ago, Signifyin(g)Monkey said:

This is kinda what I was talking about when I said it’s an open question as to whether our electoral machinery is equipped to deal with this situation.

We just don’t know, because no president has been narcissistic and devoid of principles enough as to actually wield the power of his office to defy and challenge an election result.  I’d like to think our institutions are up to the task, but I also don’t think the founders weren’t counting on us putting a mad king on the throne, so who the hell knows?

If you watch the legal eagle video, he explains that Trump basically has no legal ground to stand on whatsoever. Even if he did end up winning his lawsuit in Pennsylvania, it wouldn't matter. Biden won.

His only option is to literally declare himself a dictator and say the votes didn't matter. even with how crazy things have gotten, I find it hard to believe things would go that far.

13 minutes ago, Signifyin(g)Monkey said:

We just don’t know, because no president has been narcissistic and devoid of principles enough as to actually wield the power of his office to defy and challenge an election result. I’d like to think our institutions are up to the task, but they’ve never really been tested like this...I don’t think the founders were counting on us putting a mad king on the throne, so who the hell knows?

I mean its why his term ends on Jan. 20th at 12PM, and his power is automatically transferred to the winner of the EC.  Also the Electors are chosen by the winning parties in each state, so there isn't going to GOP electors to defect or anything like that, lol.

24 minutes ago, PaladinSolo said:

I mean its why his term ends on Jan. 20th at 12PM, and his power is automatically transferred to the winner of the EC.

True, but the proper functioning of this mechanism sort of implicitly presumes all parties involved accept its validity.

Having one party essentially dispute its validity puts us in uncharted territory.

Again, I agree it seems far fetched...but I would also not be surprised if an open revolt against this mechanism puts the courts and the military in a situation they’re not exactly sure how to properly handle.

My gut says it’ll blow over and this will wind up being an episode of cartoonish political absurdism in the history books, but my confidence is not 100% on the matter—and that kinda freaks me out, because as a citizen of what’s supposed to be a first world country it should be at 110%.

I don’t really see him actually remaining president as a real possibility, mind you—but I do think a big-time crisis is a possibility, if an outside one.

23 minutes ago, Signifyin(g)Monkey said:

True, but the proper functioning of this mechanism sort of implicitly presumes all parties involved accept its validity.

Having one party essentially dispute its validity puts us in uncharted territory.

Again, I agree it seems far fetched...but I would also not be surprised if an open revolt against this mechanism puts the courts and the military in a situation they’re not exactly sure how to properly handle.

My gut says it’ll blow over and this will wind up being an episode of cartoonish political absurdism on the history books, but my confidence is not 100% on the matter—and that kinda freaks me out, because as a citizen of what’s supposed to be a first world country it should be at 110%.

I don’t really see him actually remaining president as a real possibility, mind you—but I do think a big-time crisis is a possibility, if an outside one.

No it really doesn't, it specifically written so that contesting whos in charge is impossible because the EC winner is president period.  The military is constitutionally bound to the president, IE not Trump on Jan. 20th at 12 PM.  

Its not ideal but there is nothing that requires the other side has to accept it, the Civil War pretty much already proves this point as well, Lincoln was still president, if we get to this point though none of this really matters, lol.