Joe Biden beats Donald Trump, officially making Trump a one-term twice impeached, twice popular-vote losing president

Just now, Xbob42 said:

So when Trump and his followers are yelling about how he won and we need to ignore all the "illegal" votes, that means we're not there yet?

I mean we're not there yet in that they can yell that all they want, but they can't do anything about it without basically starting a civil war.

Biden finally gets an "autocrat endorsement"!

erdoganreceptayyip_12162019_1.jpg
THEHILL.COM

Turkish President Recep Tayyip Erdoğan on Tuesday became the latest world leader to congratulate President-elect Joe Biden and Vice President-elect Kamala Harris,

1 hour ago, SaysWho? said:

These people seem to be the exact type that would have been swayed. Biden never supported the motto, but it didn’t matter because too many on the left did. 

I hope we can get more evidence that supports that ‘defund the police’ hurt democrats. I’m usually not the one to say things like this, but it seems obvious. It’s just a shitty one liner that creates confusion and can easily be interpreted as anarchy. It’s a gift to the GOP. 

I’m thinking that coupled with not being able to knock on doors had large negative effects, but I can’t prove it. 

19 minutes ago, stepee said:

wait so is what happened that they tried to steal the election but somehow accidentally did it the wrong way

Here's my guess.

As with everything Trump, he probably heard from some other Republicans or on Twitter or OANN or where ever that he could just be made president regardless of the end vote thanks to a combination of electors and the courts. While he clumsily tries to figure out a way to do that, Republicans are using this distraction to do things. What things? No idea. Folks are getting fired, McConnell and others are trying to keep Trump from torpedoing their chances in Georgia, and Nunes is doing what Nuneses do...probably try to cover his own ass because that's the only ass he really cares about.

There seems to be a poorly conceived coup currently in progress that will likely fail due only to the Trump admin's sheer incompetence.

32 minutes ago, CitizenVectron said:

It's pretty much not humanly possible to remember every Trump scandal, but something that comes to mind is the secret server that Trump's people moved info to despite the fact that nothing in it was classified. Remember that story?

It was about the Ukrainian call that got him impeached, but I thought there was even stuff prior to that having to do with the Mueller Report. I would have to do a Google dive for it.....

11 minutes ago, Chairslinger said:

It's pretty much not humanly possible to remember every Trump scandal, but something that comes to mind is the secret server that Trump's people moved info to despite the fact that nothing in it was classified. Remember that story?

It was about the Ukrainian call that got him impeached, but I thought there was even stuff prior to that having to do with the Mueller Report. I would have to do a Google dive for it.....

Correct. This is something that happened. Here's a fun question. Let's say Trump violates the presidential records act, so what? Who would punish him over it? Is there even a punishment in place? This country has so many worthless laws with no teeth.

Just now, Ghost_MH said:

Correct. This is something that happened. Here's a fun question. Let's say Trump violates the presidential records act, so what? Who would punish him over it? Is there even a punishment in place? This country has so many worthless laws with no teeth.

A new agency needs to be created that can effectively investigate and police the executive branch.  It's clear that it cannot police itself.  

7 minutes ago, mclumber1 said:

A new agency needs to be created that can effectively investigate and police the executive branch.  It's clear that it cannot police itself.  

As I've maintained, the notion that the Department of Justice -- an Executive branch agency which is headed by an Attorney General that is appointed by the President who can fire that Attorney General if he feels like it -- can "impartially" investigate the Executive branch is patently absurd on its very face.

1 minute ago, Commissar SFLUFAN said:

As I've maintained, the notion that the Department of Justice -- an Executive branch agency which is headed by an Attorney General that is appointed by the President who can fire that Attorney General if he feels like it -- can "impartially" investigate the Executive branch is patently absurd on its very face.

What would your solution be? Make the department of justice an entirely separate branch of government? Wouldn't that open it up for abuse of a different kind, since no one could police the police? Or would it be the job of Congress to oversee the DoJ?

Just now, Fizzzzle said:

What would your solution be? Make the department of justice an entirely separate branch of government? Wouldn't that open it up for abuse of a different kind, since no one could police the police? Or would it be the job of Congress to oversee the DoJ?

I recommend three investigative agencies, jointly administered by two of the branches of government with responsibility for investigating the third.  In other words:

Legislative + Executive investigates Judicial

Legislative + Judicial investigates Executive

Judicial + Executive investigates Legislative

46 minutes ago, b_m_b_m_b_m said:

I feel like this points to Trump sincerely believing that the Democrats only cared about COVID as an election wedge issue--he would totally cook something up just to try to win an election so he assumes everyone else would too.

1 minute ago, b_m_b_m_b_m said:

i know a lot of us (me) can be a little crazy sometimes, especially now, but all in all I think we (me) are holding everything together better than this food network star

Screenshot_20201110-225056.png

Highly Online Celebrities should pay me an expensive consulting fee to help them avoid this. For $100k a year I will offer them the advice: just log off bro.