Joe Biden beats Donald Trump, officially making Trump a one-term twice impeached, twice popular-vote losing president

47 minutes ago, Reputator said:

Arguing we should remain profoundly naïve that the current status quo will remain status quo in the current climate of GOP attitudes is....not a good argument.

It has nothing to do with the GOP, the 306 electors expected to vote for Biden are entirely made up of people selected by the Democratic party, its just a weird thing to focus on faithless electors when they have nothing to do with whats happening.

22 minutes ago, legend said:

We often joke about me killing all humanity in a robot apocalypse, but these last few years are starting to make me consider it more seriously.

Don't think of it as genocide, think instead of it being an aggressive preventative maintenance program! :sun:

• Haha 1

17 hours ago, LazyPiranha said:

I’m becoming my previous nervous pessimistic self.

I feel like we’re in an era where information and facts don’t matter.  Let’s say it was a Biden blowout.  More proof he cheated, no way it could be that bad!  Biden squeaks by?  They just found votes to make up for it!  

It’s why I’m so tired of arguments over messaging and outreach, who fucking cares anymore?  People believe literal impossible nonsense.  A fair portion of the country truly believes in a deep state that doesn’t have the time to fake ballots with markings for senator.  Millions of Americans refuse to believe a man who can’t fucking book a hotel for a press conference could possibly lose an election.  The amount of bullshit you have to buy to accept any of this is measured in kilotons.  For fucks sake, people are arguing that they booked a landscaping company because there are so many people hostile to Trump on the area, then say it’s absurd that he lost that area so badly.  

yeah, even if was a Biden blowout we’d be seeing people unwilling to accept it and trying to challenge it in every court they can. I wanted a bigger blow out so that the likely hood of throwing out one small block of votes wouldn’t over turn a state and potentially flip the entire election, just because the GOP found that 1 sympathetic judge, or some small

technicality like a poll counter opened a box of ballots 5 minutes too early and these 10k ballots all had to be rejected. Some shit like that.   

14 hours ago, Spork3245 said:

Thank god Trump and his administration are too incompetent to actually enact a successful coup. JFC what a time to be alive 

it’s a theme to be sure. They were also too incompetent apparently to illegally get foreign assistance to try and steal the election in 2016. They tried. They were just bad at. Unfortunately they won anyways. 

13 hours ago, stepee said:

i like how right now the best case scenario we are looking at is that trump is just pretending that he’s going to stage a coup to rally people up, not that he is actually going to stage a coup, I guess we hit that part of our history now then 

yeah I don’t buy all the “pretending” crap. Same people tried to sell the idea that Trump was only appearing that crazy for the election in 2016. He’d be a proper, rational  businessman and leader once he took office.

no. This is who he is.  

12 hours ago, Fizzzzle said:

What would your solution be? Make the department of justice an entirely separate branch of government? Wouldn't that open it up for abuse of a different kind, since no one could police the police? Or would it be the job of Congress to oversee the DoJ?

The flaw in any plan to hold a branch of government accountable is the Republican Party. They REFUSE to hold their own accountable. Even after all the attempts to obstruct the investigation by the WH and  other Republicans. Republicans and the WH then tried to cover up and imply the findings in the report were anything but an exoneration, when it quite literally stated the opposite.  Later we had the Senate trying to do all they could to dismantle the impeachment proceedings. 

remember the actual conclusion here by Senate Republicans during impeachment was “yes, the President did an illegal thing, but so what.” 

3 hours ago, Keyser_Soze said:

But what about his car?

I thought he was dead. 

it’s scary hearing this from somebody that has no power to gain in this. He doesn’t hold office or even influence within the party to get massive “favors”. He truly believes this, as do far too many others. 

they turned a blinds eye to all the ways the GOP has tried to suppress votes and invalidate legitimate votes. I think deep down they know the GOP try to and successfully steal elections. They’re ok with it when it is their side. Democracy be damned. 

It’s why they among many other crimes the GOP commit they will proclaim “Democrats do it too.” 

Democrats are not always squeaky clean. They sometimes do some shit. But the scales are far from balance. And this election wasn’t because the Democrats managed to coordinate and overwhelmingly commit far more fraud than than the Republicans. 

They could never accept that Democrats won in this instance despite the overwhelming attempt by Republicans to steal it. They don’t see that they’re supporting the “bad guys” in this. 

just to prove to this country how lost we are, I almost want to see Donald take this coup to the extreme and just declare the election invalid. Declare himself Supreme Commander In Chief, and that there will not be another Presidential election as they can’t be trusted. That he will rule until he feels necessary to step down, at which time he will hand pick his successor. I almost want to see him *try, because we’d all see truly how many “Patriots” support him, and cheer their freedoms being taken. 

*I do want it to fail. 

I guess what I mean is that you can putz around with the stupid technicality that Biden isn't yet legally president before the electors vote on the matter; once they've voted and the results are certified, then he's 100% legally president, and Trump not stepping down would technically be a legitimate coup.

I'd just like to think that while some Congressional Republicans are craven enough to tiptoe right up to the edge of coup territory to curry favor with the Trump base, they still can't bring themselves to actually cross the border into actually supporting a coup.

I'm totally open to the possibility that I could be wrong.

35 minutes ago, PaladinSolo said:

It has nothing to do with the GOP, the 306 electors expected to vote for Biden are entirely made up of people selected by the Democratic party, its just a weird thing to focus on faithless electors when they have nothing to do with whats happening.

BECAUSE A FAITHLESS ELECTOR SHOULDN’T EVEN BE POSSIBLE AT ALL. 

1 minute ago, Spork3245 said:

K, its just pointless to argue over something as irrelevant as faithless electors, because they're not a problem here, and even if they were the problem still isn't faithless electors but having electors in general.

1 minute ago, PaladinSolo said:

K, its just pointless to argue over something as irrelevant as faithless electors, because they're not a problem here, and even if they were the problem still isn't faithless electors but having electors in general.

No one is saying it’s a problem right now. No one. 
Also, I already clarified that I’m stating “lock electors” = “get rid of electors” :p 

4 minutes ago, Spork3245 said:

Yeah, it's an antiquated system that doesn't serve a purpose. If enough states join the interstate electoral popular vote pact or whatever it's called, they won't matter anymore, but yeah... the fact that an elector can be like "NOPE! *flips bird*" is disconcerting. Like, faithless electors have never swayed an election, but they could, and they have tried before in 1960.

It's like Trump resigning so Pence can pardon him for any crimes he may have committed while president. Is it likely to happen? Probably not. But there's nothing to say it can't.

(for anyone curious, Nixon was pardoned without ever having plead guilty)

Now, THEREFORE, I, GERALD R. FORD, President of the United States, pursuant to the pardon power conferred upon me by Article II, Section 2, of the Constitution, have granted and by these presents do grant a full, free, and absolute pardon unto Richard Nixon for all offenses against the United States which he, Richard Nixon, has committed or may have committed or taken part in during the period from January 20, 1969 through August 9, 1974.

18 minutes ago, Mr.Vic20 said:

I've personally never been joking! I do believe the future of humanity is not flesh and bone, or not 100% flesh and bone anyway. 

Other than my disappointment making me reconsider, I've always preferred "upgrade" over "replace" myself.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Spork3245 said:

K, so you agree that removing their ability to be faithless could only be a good thing.

Not really, Say we're headed toward a 269/269 scenario, a faithless elector would probably be a better scenario than what follows, but only of course if they vote for the other person, and not someone random.

4 hours ago, Keyser_Soze said:

But what about his car?

Should we be keeping an eye on Nic Cage too? This seems like an easy way distract people as his movie son tries to steal the Declaration of Independence for realz this time. Plus there were rumours of a third movie being made and they decided to go all Borat 2 style this time

its crazy to see that even as situation keep escalating snd lines keep getting crossed folks still insist with “but even he wouldnt go that far”....

they said so when he first mentioned running and theyll say so when he and cronies bypass mechanisms already in place to secure more and more power..

There truly are 2 Americas and the GOP is going to make us well aware of it, widen the divide and put themselves on top..