PlayStation 5 OT - Play Has No Limits, update: financial report indicates no major first-party/exclusive PS5 releases prior to end of March 2025, PS5 in "latter half" of console cycle

Commissar SFLUFAN

12 hours ago, Nokt said:

I feel like that should have been the natural evolution of the controller anyways. You have 2-3 fingers on each hand you aren't using, put some buttons on the back of the controller. Instead they just keep overloading your thumbs with more buttons to press.

Once somebody put buttons/paddles on the back of a controller and charged a premium, it was game over on that becoming a standard. Which is a shame, because you’re right. That should have been the natural evolution since our fingers rest back there anyways. 

https://www.bloomberg.com/amp/news/articles/2020-04-16/sony-is-said-to-plan-limited-playstation-5-output-in-first-year?__twitter_impression=true

The Tokyo-based tech giant is limiting its initial production run in part because it expects the PS5’s ambitious specs to weigh on demand by leading to a high price at launch, the people said, asking not to be identified because the subject is private. The global Covid-19 pandemic has affected Sony’s promotional plans for the new device but not its production capacity, they added.

The company has told assembly partners it would make 5 to 6 million units of the PS5 in the fiscal year ending March 2021, according to other people involved in the machine’s supply chain. When Sony released the PlayStation 4 in November 2013, it sold 7.5 million units in its first two quarters.

30 minutes ago, ManUtdRedDevils said:

Or preorder it. Never had an issue when I did. 

For sure.  We can get one if we plan ahead and have the means. That doesn't change the fact that it's expensive and rare. 

It will be interesting to see what shape the world is in this fall, and what people will be willing to pay. 

2 hours ago, number305 said:

For sure.  We can get one if we plan ahead and have the means. That doesn't change the fact that it's expensive and rare. 

It will be interesting to see what shape the world is in this fall, and what people will be willing to pay. 

True. At least it is an option for those who know they want one at the MSRP.  I plan on letting my siblings know about it so they don’t have to deal with scalpers. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

It seems like they are holding their "around the time of E3 presentation," but actually around the time E3 would have been. Unlike everyone else who seems to have pushed it back to July or just decided to drip feed at some unspecified random time.

37 minutes ago, Greatoneshere said:

Who are these people and what's up in this convo? 

The guy who was quoted leaked a lot of accurate Nintendo news recently. Only reason I know that is this was posted on Reset and a bunch of them said, "That sounds great but who dis?" 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, SaysWho? said:

The guy who was quoted leaked a lot of accurate Nintendo news recently. Only reason I know that is this was posted on Reset and a bunch of them said, "That sounds great but who dis?" 

Ah I got it - and he's saying he expects a lot of PS5 game announcements? When?

• 2 weeks later...

So what games do we expect to see revealed, even if they aren't necessarily going to be ready for launch? 

I can see the next Call of Duty being revealed. Possibly a sequel to God of War and/or Spider-Man announced. 

2 hours ago, SaysWho? said:

25 minutes ago, Brick said:

So what games do we expect to see revealed, even if they aren't necessarily going to be ready for launch? 

I can see the next Call of Duty being revealed. Possibly a sequel to God of War and/or Spider-Man announced. 

Riiiiidge Raaaaaacer car combat game with giant crab bosses.