~* Make America Great Depression Again -- Official Thread of Corona Virus infected markets *~

Jason

3 hours ago, CayceG said:

So I don't think I'm getting a stimmy. 

I filed my taxes for last year before the bill was signed, and also I made just above the new cutoff threshold. 

Joe Biden, Joe Manchin, and Kirsten Sinema cut my stimulus payment despite a LESS Democratic Senate and Donald fucking Trump giving me money. 

Is the stimulus payment law good? Unquestionably. Am I bitter about Donald Trump giving me money and Joe Biden not? Yes. 

All to save $12 billion on a $1.9 trillion bill.

1 hour ago, Spork3245 said:

@b_m_b_m_b_mhelp this man decide his next mattress :santasun:

floating-bed-150x150.jpg
DORNOB.COM

Not too long ago it would have sounded like futuristic science fiction, but here it is - the world\'s most expensive luxury bed that is not suspended but, instead, is tethered to the ground so it d...

18 hours ago, b_m_b_m_b_m said:
floating-bed-150x150.jpg
DORNOB.COM

Not too long ago it would have sounded like futuristic science fiction, but here it is - the world\'s most expensive luxury bed that is not suspended but, instead, is tethered to the ground so it d...

What I really want is a bed that has to be anchored down with cables 3 or 4 feet out from each corner.

29 minutes ago, CayceG said:

Ok, so the IRS website to check on the status of your stimmy is live and apparently I *am* getting some. Don't know how much yet, but we'll see. 

Maybe my adjusted gross income is still below the threshold. Who knows!

What do you know, the site is back up again and it says I'm getting something as well. I guess they are basing this on 2020 tax returns because I would not have qualified with my 2019 tax return.

29 minutes ago, Ghost_MH said:

What do you know, the site is back up again and it says I'm getting something as well. I guess they are basing this on 2020 tax returns because I would not have qualified with my 2019 tax return.

It’s based on whatever was the most recent filed as of the beginning of last week from what I’ve read, so if you’ve filed 2020 already it should be based on 2020

Biden hasn't been president THAT long. How is this stimulus rollout so much neater than the last? Last time around the IRS site didn't detail where the money was going nor did it give you an idea when it would be. Hell, the last time I checked it still said a payment was pending for me even after I got it. Then again, last time around money was sent to TurboTax for millions of people.

31 minutes ago, Ghost_MH said:

Biden hasn't been president THAT long. How is this stimulus rollout so much neater than the last? Last time around the IRS site didn't detail where the money was going nor did it give you an idea when it would be. Hell, the last time I checked it still said a payment was pending for me even after I got it. Then again, last time around money was sent to TurboTax for millions of people.

Because Trump was maybe just that bad?

1 hour ago, Ghost_MH said:

They have had two months to prepare to actually do it knowing the bill was happening at some point. That was why it didn’t really matter the particular day, the administration was already spinning up the systems to get it done. IRS and treasury also had the experience of the previous two Covid stimmies to further refine.

44 minutes ago, CitizenVectron said:

Just now, Uaarkson said:

thanks Joe <3

But Mitch said this package will have no effect on an economy Trump already saved.

And how will unemployment bounce back to 4% when all this free money is convincing people not to work?

I think noted far left institution Goldman Sachs is merely parroting Democratic talking points.

3 minutes ago, Commissar SFLUFAN said:

I just want to reiterate that I wasn't even remotely close to the AGI threshold for a single person for getting a stimulus payment.

Practically not even in the same universe!

Awesome, someone new to owe me $200. 

• Haha 2

5 hours ago, SuperSpreader said:
off-the-chart.png
MKOROSTOFF.GITHUB.IO

Wealth inequality in the United States is out of control. Here we visualize the issue in a unique way.

My favorite way of looking at it is if you took the median household income (68k), it would take you almost 15000 years to make a billion dollars. If you made 10,000 per day, it would still take you 274 years to make a billion dollars. That's obviously not how it works, as the growth of wealth is exponential, not linear, but it illustrates the point quite well.

12 hours ago, Commissar SFLUFAN said:

I just want to reiterate that I wasn't even remotely close to the AGI threshold for a single person for getting a stimulus payment.

Practically not even in the same universe!

Day One Stimmy?