~* Make America Great Depression Again -- Official Thread of Corona Virus infected markets *~

Jason

43 minutes ago, Greatoneshere said:

I'm enjoying the MAGA chud tears. This bill passing is wonderful news. 

What I am thinking of is those memes on Facebook when Biden was inaugurated that were all like, "As of today, gas prices are blah blah and the stock market is blah blah blah" so they could stick it to liberals in a year and Biden had tanked everything. After the events of Jan. 6th these memes also kind of had a creepy "You guys will WISH our violent overthrow of the government had succeeded when gas goes up ten cents a gallon!" but we'll ignore that for now.

What made me specifically think about this is I imagine a conversation something like.....

Them: See, hope you guys are happy! Look at this huge spending bill!

Us: I know, isn't great?

Them: But, it has all this extra stuff like money for pensions and cutting child poverty. What does that have to do with COVID?! Miss Trump yet?

Us: No, all of that stuff sounds great.

Them: You'll be sorry when working class people start dumping money into the economy instead of tax breaks that go to millionaires that just sits around padding their bank accounts!

Us. Yup, we have truly been owned.

• Haha 2

11 minutes ago, Chairslinger said:

What I am thinking of is those memes on Facebook when Biden was inaugurated that were all like, "As of today, gas prices are blah blah and the stock market is blah blah blah" so they could stick it to liberals in a year and Biden had tanked everything. After the events of Jan. 6th these memes also kind of had a creepy "You guys will WISH our violent overthrow of the government had succeeded when gas goes up ten cents a gallon!" but we'll ignore that for now.

What made me specifically think about this is I imagine a conversation something like.....

Them: See, hope you guys are happy! Look at this huge spending bill!

Us: I know, isn't great?

Them: But, it has all this extra stuff like money for pensions and cutting child poverty. What does that have to do with COVID?! Miss Trump yet?

Us: No, all of that stuff sounds great.

Them: You'll be sorry when working class people start dumping money into the economy instead of tax breaks that go to millionaires that just sits around padding their bank accounts!

Us. Yup, we have truly been owned.

This is exactly how conversations have gone, and will go now that the bill has passed. 

Us: "Are you enjoying your $1,400 stimulus checks from Biden?"

Them: "This is thanks to Trump. These are actually Trump checks, the leftover $1,400 on top of Trump's original $600."

Us: "No, this is directly from the Biden bill that passed."

Them: "Biden wouldn't have this bill in mind without Trump having existed to cause all of this. Checkmate libcuck."

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Jason said:
CITYOBSERVATORY.ORG

Portland’s inclusionary zoning requirement is a slow-motion train-wreck; apartment completions are down by two-thirds, and the development pipeline is drying up This will lead to slower housi…

Didn't know about that zoning deal. It makes sense given what I've seen over the last few years, though.

For weeks Collins has questioned Schumer’s handling of coronavirus relief negotiations, and on Tuesday night Schumer fired back to blame Collins’ fiscal conservatism for exacerbating the last financial crisis. The New York Democrat said in a nationally televised interview that his party’s courtship of three GOP votes for its Obama-era stimulus bill shrunk the legislation too much: “We made a big mistake in 2009 and ’10. Susan Collins was part of that mistake.”

Exactly. I’d rather he pass better legislation than be friends with her. 

In what I can only say will really help the Democratic party during campaign time, the DCCC ends blacklisting progressives from challenging incumbents in terms of getting progressive consulting groups to be able to now contract with the DCCC (before they were not allowed since 2019). To me this is huge. 

1183807009.jpg
WWW.VOX.COM

The controversial policy had prevented the DCCC from using vendors involved in progressive Democratic primary campaigns.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Greatoneshere said:

Wait until checks are in and people relate it to Biden. Oh it will be nice to see.

giphy.gif?cid=ecf05e47a58a3sdm3v6fj1zs62

I have to admit Biden has, for the most part, impressed me so far in less than 8 weeks in office. More can always be done, but I'm trying to stay positive.

I have some complaints, but they are mainly things on the margin, not anything huge. Overall he has been great.

It feels like we have stumbled upon our Emperor Claudius. Just have to make sure he isn't followed by a Nero.