What are you playing today?

I’ve been playing a bunch of Overwatch 2, and I’m having fun… but then I think about how many games I’ve finished this year, and I’m questioning how much time I want to dedicate to this one. 

We (and by that I mean anyone but me) should organize a game night. OW2sday? 

Booted up Ori and Will of the Wisps.  No surprise, it looks to be amazing.

Tried some Hot Wheels Unleashed as well.  It's competent, but feels like it needs something more to it.  Maybe that's just because the AI at the start is completely braindead.

I'll try to wrap up Ghostbusters and LM Dark Moon this month as well.  Missed the Halloween boat with them.

On 10/21/2022 at 10:09 PM, Biggie said:

PGA 2k23

Persona 5 Royal -Switch

Did you play the original Persona 5? 

I have it, have gotten like 40 hours in twice and then I fall off of it. Not that I don't enjoy it, other life stuff just kind of took my attention away from it too long and then I didn't want to jump in to an old save. 

I'm wondering if Royal feels like a meaningful upgrade over vanilla for $60. I find it pretty frustrating they offer zero path to upgrade the vanilla version, but I suppose that's how Atlus rolls. 

The style and music of that game keeps me wanting to come back to it though. 

14 minutes ago, Paperclyp said:

Did you play the original Persona 5? 

I have it, have gotten like 40 hours in twice and then I fall off of it. Not that I don't enjoy it, other life stuff just kind of took my attention away from it too long and then I didn't want to jump in to an old save. 

I'm wondering if Royal feels like a meaningful upgrade over vanilla for $60. I find it pretty frustrating they offer zero path to upgrade the vanilla version, but I suppose that's how Atlus rolls. 

The style and music of that game keeps me wanting to come back to it though. 

Honestly the additions of Royal are meh. And if you didn’t enjoy vanilla persona 5 then Royal won’t change that. 

11 hours ago, Keyser_Soze said:

Well it's the jury lounge or whatever they call it, while you wait to get picked, not the courtroom. :p

That makes more sense. But I messed up in my previous post, I said "courtroom" but I should have typed "courthouse." Like, before you even go in they make you remove all electronics from your person. Even a phone, which seems unnecessary but thems the rules. *shrugs*

18 minutes ago, GameDadGrant said:

That makes more sense. But I messed up in my previous post, I said "courtroom" but I should have typed "courthouse." Like, before you even go in they make you remove all electronics from your person. Even a phone, which seems unnecessary but thems the rules. *shrugs*

Oh yeah you can bring a laptop here, they even have free wi-fi!

• Shocked 1

I started playing Assassin’s Creed: Liberation, and I’m enjoying it so far. It looks and plays pretty good for a 10 year old Vita game, granted that I’m playing the remastered version on PS4. Playing as a dedicated female character adds a different feel to the classic AC formula especially since dressing in different outfits is an actual gameplay mechanic in the game instead of simply a cosmetic one.

Less me, which is still 30 minutes of Fire Emblem before bed, but my wife has got way into Kingdom Come: Deliverance. She loved/loves Skyrim, Witcher 3, RDR2 and this is filling a gap left by those games. It’s also nice to watch a game that fully went for some very particular gameplay choices and doing them…mostly well.

I started playing Ys: Memories of Celceta because I got in a JRPG mood, and I’m digging it so far. It reminds me of a PS1 JRPG in the best of ways, it takes me back to that time of gaming which I enjoyed immensely. It has a colorful anime style aesthetic, a fun real-time action combat system and keeps things fairly basic for the most part without any complicated mechanics and/or systems. It’s classic style JRPG goodness.

I'm on a 3 game rotation right now! Super Mega Baseball 3, Mad Max, and Streets of rage 4. SoR4 was added just yesterday but I see me playing it quite a bit in the rotation of the other 2 games. SMB3 is a fantastic baseball game and plays wonderfully on the deck. Actually I am playing all 3 on the SD. MadMax is a guilty pleasure game that is very underappreciated IMHO. SoR4 is a perfect SD game, and is great for 30-45 minutes sessions. Really going to try and finish MM by this weekend and move on to either Demon Souls or Elden Ring!!

Side note: I have really been on a twin stick shooter craze on the SD. There are so many that are really really good.

8 minutes ago, HardAct said:

I'm on a 3 game rotation right now! Super Mega Baseball 3, Mad Max, and Streets of rage 4. SoR4 was added just yesterday but I see me playing it quite a bit in the rotation of the other 2 games. SMB3 is a fantastic baseball game and plays wonderfully on the deck. Actually I am playing all 3 on the SD. MadMax is a guilty pleasure game that is very underappreciated IMHO. SoR4 is a perfect SD game, and is great for 30-45 minutes sessions. Really going to try and finish MM by this weekend and move on to either Demon Souls or Elden Ring!!

Side note: I have really been on a twin stick shooter craze on the SD. There are so many that are really really good.

SOR4 is definitely top tier beat ‘em up. I loved unlocking all the characters, it’s the perfect length for replaying it. I think the new TMNT, while good, is a bit too long to work the same way.

More Ori Will of the Wisps.

It feels like Hollow Knight came out, stole the first game's thunder a bit, and the devs straight up thought they should retool their game closer to Hollow Knight.

Sword combat?  Check.

Equipable badges that change your combat abilities?  Check.

Restore health through stored energy mechanic?  Check.

NPC you find find who draws in your map?  Check.

As good as it feels and as great as it looks, it's really on the nose.  That's really unfortunate considering what the first game was.

1 hour ago, crispy4000 said:

More Ori Will of the Wisps.

It feels like Hollow Knight came out, stole the first game's thunder a bit, and the devs straight up thought they should retool their game closer to Hollow Knight.

Sword combat?  Check.

Equipable badges that change your combat abilities?  Check.

Restore health through stored energy mechanic?  Check.

NPC you find find who draws in your map?  Check.

As good as it feels and as great as it looks, it's really on the nose.  That's really unfortunate considering what the first game was.

Stunning visuals Will of the Wisps has. That was the first game I played on my 83" LGC1 / Series X

GOWR and Sonic and then Sackboy got fixed up so more of that too, and some Forza Horizon 5 with the new RT/DLSS patch and more Modern Warfare 2 multiplayer is my plan for the weekend.

Kind of feeling like xmas with all this good stuff (with Sonic and GOW2 being two of most wanted games in awhile right at the same time) and then an awesome looking Pokémon in a week and knowing I have Plagues Tale and Mario Rabbids 2 also to look forward to after these.