What are you playing today?

3 minutes ago, best3444 said:

You say this a lot. How in the hell are you playing a videogame and watching tv/movie? 😆 

Because that’s the primary way I play games on weekdays! Idk, you get used to it, you turn the game volume down and let the tv volume take priority then you glance between them and stuff. It’s like how people txt or browse on y their phones while watching tv, except it’s video games. I’ve done that since I was a kid watching tv and playing game boy or game gear.

• Halal 1

4 minutes ago, stepee said:

Because that’s the primary way I play games on weekdays! Idk, you get used to it, you turn the game volume down and let the tv volume take priority then you glance between them and stuff. It’s like how people txt or browse on y their phones while watching tv, except it’s video games. I’ve done that since I was a kid watching tv and playing game boy or game gear.

I'm not criticizing in any way I was just curious. If that's how you do it good for you in multi tasking. 

1 minute ago, stepee said:

I don’t think that I could do that, nor would I really want to. I like to give my undivided attention to one thing at a time, I don’t think that I could enjoy things as much if I didn’t. But that’s me, and I know that everyone is different.

7 minutes ago, Phaseknox said:

I don’t think that I could do that, nor would I really want to. I like to give my undivided attention to one thing at a time, I don’t think that I could enjoy things as much if I didn’t. But that’s me, and I know that everyone is different.

I'm exactly the same. My brain can only handle one thing at a time.

3 hours ago, nublood said:

Thinking of blind buying Asterigos…:hmm:

I’m currently playing it, and if you like third person action adventure RPGs with a somewhat cartoonish aesthetic then you should dig it. I’ve played it for 20 hours now, and I’m not even halfway through it yet. It’s a much bigger game than I was expecting it to be considering that it’s a $35 indie game.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, TheLeon said:

I’m back into Tales of Arise. This one has hooked me more than any previous Tales game, not sure why. 

I keep forgetting that I have this in my backlog, when you have over 700 games like I do you tend to forget what you have after a while. :p

19 hours ago, Phaseknox said:

Wow you got it for $1, that’s almost free. I’m glad that you’re enjoying it, I did for a while as well but I started to find the environment too confusing to navigate through so I quit playing. I don’t have the patience to get lost and run around in circles not knowing where to go in games anymore, it’s also why I quit playing Shadow Man recently as well.

Oy, yeah, this is a problem with this game. I’m still really enjoying it because it’s very very fun to play..until you have no idea where you are supposed to go. It just doesn’t seem like the kind of game that needs to be this way? I don’t see why it couldn’t have a map that guides you towards objectives, would have made this an all timer. 

Im not giving up on it, but I really hope it improves in that regard or at least doesn’t get worse. I could see if it gets any more obtuse in navigation that I might end up dropping it which is a shame when everything else is so great.

• True 1

29 minutes ago, stepee said:

Oy, yeah, this is a problem with this game. I’m still really enjoying it because it’s very very fun to play..until you have no idea where you are supposed to go. It just doesn’t seem like the kind of game that needs to be this way? I don’t see why it couldn’t have a map that guides you towards objectives, would have made this an all timer. 

Im not giving up on it, but I really hope it improves in that regard or at least doesn’t get worse. I could see if it gets any more obtuse in navigation that I might end up dropping it which is a shame when everything else is so great.

I totally agree, I like almost everything about the game except for the lack of a map to help guide you. The way that the environments are designed it’s difficult to always know where to go, and it becomes frustrating. I like figuring out where to go in games by exploring to a certain degree, but I don’t like environments to be too labyrinthian or maze-like without any sort of direction or map to help guide you. One thing that I really like about Asterigos which I’m playing now is that while it doesn’t offer any real guidance or a map to use to navigate its levels, they’re designed in a way where you always figure out where to go by exploring without ever really feeling confused or lost.

14 minutes ago, Phaseknox said:

I totally agree, I like almost everything about the game except for the lack of a map to help guide you. The way that the environments are designed it’s difficult to always know where to go, and it becomes frustrating. I like figuring out where to go in games by exploring to a certain degree, but I don’t like environments to be too labyrinthian or maze-like without any sort of direction or map to help guide you. One thing that I really like about Asterigos which I’m playing now is that while it doesn’t offer any real guidance or a map to use to navigate its levels, they’re designed in a way where you always figure out where to go by exploring without ever really feeling confused or lost.

Yeah this game isn’t built in a way to organically guide you. It sometimes has a little hint but usually for specific puzzles not for overall direction. It would be fine, just needs a map! Hate when a small choice hurts what would otherwise be such a great game.

On 10/12/2022 at 11:17 AM, skillzdadirecta said:

Wait, did you finish your other playthrough?

No, I took a short pause after killing the scaleless Dragon… the Archives were slightly annoying with all the damn archers... Having read up on the lore im not exactly looking forward to having to fight Sif.. Lower New Londo is my next stop after that since I already did the other areas. 

Played 2 more hours of Forbidden West and it's really growing on me. I'm 10 hours in and forgot how epic some of the scenes are. Besides Aloy, the game is pretty damn good. The combat never gets old and the dynamic environments make things interesting. 

Like I said, I won't be playing another game until December so I'll easily beat this with no distractions. 

53 minutes ago, best3444 said:

Boy Forbidden West @stepee

Reveal hidden contents

Aloy won't shut up but everything else is pretty damn good. 

you get something soon that I think visually makes things really impressive