What are you playing today?

13 minutes ago, best3444 said:

Is it a big spoiler? If not, go ahead and tell me. I'm not overly concerned about spoilers in this game.

I think it’s cooler if you wait but it’s just

when you get to fly on a dino, going through some areas like SF and Las Vegas looks crazy impressive

5 minutes ago, stepee said:

I think it’s cooler if you wait but it’s just

Hide contents

when you get to fly on a dino, going through some areas like SF and Las Vegas looks crazy impressive

I've seen footage of that. Looks badass.

Whe you initially played this there were technical issues/bugs and weird shimmering in foliage. After the updates that has all been fixed. You should fire it up to see how it looks now.

2 minutes ago, best3444 said:

I've seen footage of that. Looks badass.

Whe you initially played this there were technical issues/bugs and weird shimmering in foliage. After the updates that has all been fixed. You should fire it up to see how it looks now.

Yeah I’ve tried it since and the new 40hz mode, though I would stick with the new performance mode still. They definitely cleaned it up, though I feel that the original issue was overblown, but yeah phenomenal looking game.

• Halal 1

I’m still making progress in Blue Fire, at about a half way point it looks like. I don’t believe the howlongtobeat numbers for this one, unless most people use a guide due to how obtuse it is. I did unlock a fast travel option for this next part at least! The game also needs more shrines, it’s ridiculous the back tracking you have to do if you die sometimes.

The game forgets it’s supposed to be primarily a platformer sometimes I think is it’s biggest issue. But man still, what’s good is so good.

• Halal 1

Playing some more Kao 2022, it’s a really solid 3D platformer actually, fans of the genre should definitely wishlist it for a sale or just buy it or whatever. It’s quite nice looking too, the use of color is fantastic and bold. If you have an oled I bet it looks really nice and inky.

• Halal 1

4yOMGEY.jpg

Onmo.  Journey meets 3d platformer.

Played a demo a few years back, when the lone developer was questioning whether he should finish it.  I'm glad they did, it's fantastic so far.  One of the easiest to get into games I've played in some time.  Controls are perfect.

No longer on Games Pass anymore sadly, for those subbing.

• Halal 1

Tales of Arise simply doesn’t run for me any more. It crashed during a cutscene, then when I try to restart it, it doesn’t even get to the title screen, just a single splash image. Deleting and reinstalling the game didn’t help, and since I’m playing on an Xbox, there really isn’t much I can do.

Oh well. I guess it was making room for Persona 5 Royal. 

27 minutes ago, TheLeon said:

Tales of Arise simply doesn’t run for me any more. It crashed during a cutscene, then when I try to restart it, it doesn’t even get to the title screen, just a single splash image. Deleting and reinstalling the game didn’t help, and since I’m playing on an Xbox, there really isn’t much I can do.

Oh well. I guess it was making room for Persona 5 Royal. 

The first half is 100000x better than the second half. You already played the best parts. 

Grabbed Super Mega Baseball 3 after it fell to under 10 bucks on a Steam sale. It's a fantastic game to play on the Steam Deck. I've played about 5 games in Franchise mode and after finding a well balanced difficulty setting It's a solid 9/10! I find that it you bump it up to EGO 55 there will be a challenge. The default setting I was winning 30-40 to nothing in normal. Up 10 more puts you in Medium, Up 10 more puts you in Tough, then 5 more up. That's #5 in the 10 slots that make up the Tough range. It's locked at 60 with very few dips at all, drains battery rather fast. Other than that yea, been playing SMB3 Franchise. My team is The Royal Pains

23 hours ago, skillzdadirecta said:

I had a good time with it. I fucked around and lost three of my folks... be curious to see how many survive in your game.

I lost 4 counselors. I say only one is really “my” fault when I didn’t pull a trigger fast enough. The rest were character choices that felt correct. Fun game! I might have to replay it from at least a middle chapter and see how differently things can shake out. 

• Halal 1

I started playing DreadOut 2 for my Halloween game, and it was a good choice because it’s pretty creepy and scary. But it’s a sequel to DreadOut which I haven’t played because they didn’t release it for PS4, so even with the story recap of the first game provided I don’t really have any clue what’s going on because the story recap is short and basically useless in explaining the events of the first game.

The game is modern day Asian horror that was developed in Indonesia, and kind of reminds me of Fatal Frame. It looks like a PS3 game, and plays like a PS2 game. That’s part of its appeal and charm IMO, because I was a fan of Asian horror games on PS2. I haven’t played too much of it yet, but it has been doing a good job so far of delivering a scary atmosphere with its lighting, music and ambient sounds.

Update: I passed the first part of the game, and now it has basically turned into Shenmue. :lol:

• Halal 1

On 10/24/2022 at 2:35 PM, crispy4000 said:

I played a bit of Ghostbusters Remastered the other night.  It's okay, but the Luigi's Mansion games are just an overall better take on the ghost capturing concept in a video game.

Mechanically, definitely. But the story in ghostbusters remastered is great (and was designed to officially be GB3 if I remember correctly).

2 hours ago, BloodyHell said:

Mechanically, definitely. But the story in ghostbusters remastered is great (and was designed to officially be GB3 if I remember correctly).

That's why I want to play it, having the original actors doing VO is amazing.  The silent protagonist thing is still just so ... video-gamey.

• Halal 1

I started playing The Alliance Alive HD Remastered, and it’s a cute and fun retro style turn-based JRPG. It originally came out for 3DS and the graphics sort of have a pop-up book look to them designed to be displayed in 3D, but they still look fine without being in 3D as well. They’re a little on the simple side, but still have charm. The game itself is a standard linear progression style JRPG with towns, an overworld map and dungeons with a fairly basic turn-based battle system. It’s a formula that I like and don’t really get tired of, because I’m a sucker for retro JRPGs.

New COD. beat the campaign last weekend. some frustrating chapters, but overall it was your standard COD campaign. MP today…so far its good. better than the last two but it doesn’t have the MW19 feel for some reason. the UI is confusing AF. but so far most of the maps are really fun. 

Plague Tale: Requiem. loved the first one. only on chapter 3. this one feels so much more grim. and the game is beautiful. 

Started Return of the Dark Sorcerer, a hack of Final Fantasy VI. The beginning follows the opening of FFVI with some added scenes (Professor Oak replaces Cid and there was a metroid in the empire's esper tanks), Terra is replaced by Aurora and gets rescued by Cloud (including 16 bit FFVII music) instead of Locke. Cloud has a Swordtech/Bushido style attack meter called Limit. The Moogles have new names and portraits. Narshe is now Fraust but the layout is the mostly the same so far. The world map is very different, I stopped outside Durandal so I don't know if it looks just like Figaro Castle. The world map theme is a mix of Final Fantasy IV and Dragon Quest I world map themes. There a tons of references to and music from different games. So far it's pretty cool.

• Halal 1