What are you playing today?

30 minutes ago, AbsolutSurgen said:

Finished up the Ascent and it's DLC.

Tried Guardians of the Galaxy -- found it ran like $#!+ on Steam Deck, so stopped

Played a few hours of The Outer Wilds -- decided it wasn't my jam

Playing "The Messenger" -- about 4 hours in.  Man, how did I not play this before?  Pure gaming goodness.

man I need to try messenger again. I was enjoying it but it honestly just got too hard for me and I think I’m at the boss right before it goes 16bit :(

Started playing Tales of Vesperia again. I played a crapload of it when it first came out on the Xbox but never finished it. Have had it forever on the switch but only played a couple of hours so ended up restarting since I couldn't remember the story only 6 in..I'd say I was going to stick with it til the end this time, but I just have a feeling that I'll likely end up picking something else up and get side tracked. In fact I was thinking of staging my nephews copy Astral Chain and giving that one a go since he's always telling me what an awesome game it was. 

On 10/5/2022 at 4:23 PM, stepee said:

man I need to try messenger again. I was enjoying it but it honestly just got too hard for me and I think I’m at the boss right before it goes 16bit :(

I just got to the 16-bit section.

It certainly is difficult, but I don't think it gets as hard as a Rogue Legacy, or games of that ilk.  Pattern memorization is certainly key.

We have friends coming over today, but this evening, I think I’ll play some more Fire Emblem. 

Update: and I did - I really don’t know if I like the game or not. I mean, objectively it’s good…but I don’t know if it’s the right game for me. However, it was a somewhat expensive purchase so I don’t just want to sack it off…

6 hours ago, EternallDarkness said:

borrowed my nephews copy of Astral Chain but only played the intro this morning, then while I was out today I ended up getting No Man's Sky and Nier Automata (and now I am broke again :lol: )

I have no clue what I am doing in NMS yet

Those are all great games. Yea, NMS is crazy to interpret at first but it's extremely unique and great once you get a hang of some aspects. 

11 hours ago, best3444 said:

Those are all great games. Yea, NMS is crazy to interpret at first but it's extremely unique and great once you get a hang of some aspects. 

is it crazy that I've restarted 3 times already :lol: I wish the tutorials were better (going to have to watch some youtube vids because for the life of me I can't connect the damn power generator to the teleporter. And I wish there were subtitles. Yes I know the robot doesn't say much but I can't understand the few phrases it does say. 

Finally got the teleporter charged and working...of course I have only 1 base so it's useless :lol: but it was driving me crazy that I couldn't get the damn thing powered up. 

Did a little look into how big the game is...holy crap. Even though the game is like 6 years old now I have to admit I never paid any attention to it. 18 Quintillion worlds! 585 billion years to see every planet in the game :lol: holy crap.

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, EternallDarkness said:

Finally got the teleporter charged and working...of course I have only 1 base so it's useless :lol: but it was driving me crazy that I couldn't get the damn thing powered up. 

Did a little look into how big the game is...holy crap. Even though the game is like 6 years old now I have to admit I never paid any attention to it. 18 Quintillion worlds! 585 billion years to see every planet in the game :lol: holy crap.

@TheLeon didn't you really enjoy Outer Worlds?

2 minutes ago, TheLeon said:

Outer Wilds is the game I really loved that you’re probably thinking of. Outer Worlds (the Obsidian RPG) is fine. I never played No Man’s Sky. 

Holy shit I'm losing it. I originally was talking about NMS...then for some strange reason I thought ED was talking about Outer Wilds which I knew you liked and I gave a few hours to.

Outer Worlds was awful imo.

I apologize for my stupidity.  😔 

4 hours ago, best3444 said:

Outer Worlds was awful imo.

2 hours ago, best3444 said:

Ehh, it was pretty bad. Like a 6/10 type game for me. Just my opinion 🤷 

I really liked what I played of it, I would think that anyone who likes Fallout 3 and New Vegas would like it because it’s similar to those games. It’s definitely not awful, and better than a 6/10 IMO.

12 minutes ago, Phaseknox said:

I really liked what I played of it, I would think that anyone who likes Fallout 3 and New Vegas would like it because it’s similar to those games. It’s definitely not awful, and better than a 6/10 IMO.

It's Fallout New Vegas with a new new skin and nothing updated. It was just "ok".

Period.

8 hours ago, Phaseknox said:

I'd give it a 7 to 7.5...fun but forgettable, didn't really advance the genre, but it definitely had some funny parts

logged more time in NMS, still barely know what I'm doing, but having fun doing it :lol: I do wish there were an easy way to stuff between ships

1 hour ago, EternallDarkness said:

I'd give it a 7 to 7.5...fun but forgettable, didn't really advance the genre, but it definitely had some funny parts

I didn’t finish it, but I played a good amount of it. It seemed like a 7.5 to 8 based on what I played of it. I don’t think that it deserves anything lower than a 7. Since originally playing it I got the two story expansions for it which I heard are pretty good, so I’m looking forward to playing it again and finishing it in the future.

I thought Outer Worlds was incredibly average considering all the hype it got. It was one of those games everyone was going gaga over and when I played it I just didn't see it. Also I just don't understand games that let you customize the look of your character but then force you to play the whole game in first person. I just don't get that.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, skillzdadirecta said:

I thought Outer Worlds was incredibly average considering all the hype it got. It was one of those games everyone was going gaga over and when I played it I just didn't see it.

I never went gaga over it, I even waited to buy it when it was cheap since I didn’t think that it looked particularly great. It was pretty much what I was expecting it to be, a competent first person sci-fi action RPG similar to the Bethesda Fallout games. My biggest complaint with it is that your character is a silent protagonist, I hate silent protagonists in games.

1 hour ago, Phaseknox said:

I didn’t finish it, but I played a good amount of it. It seemed like a 7.5 to 8 based on what I played of it. I don’t think that it deserves anything lower than a 7. Since originally playing it I got the two story expansions for it which I heard are pretty good, so I’m looking forward to playing it again and finishing it in the future.

I actually beat the game ( :o ) and beat the first expansion. I was / am working on the second expansion. I actually bought the DLC and the game is on game pass so that's nice for them I guess. Obviously the writing isn't for everyone, it's the combat is what makes it stand above other games like it (like Fallout). But as I've mentioned before there are some really nice moments in the writing, like some of the companion storylines like the Parvati story.

• Halal 1

Blue Fire, got it for $1 on fanatical. Played a couple hours last night and it seems REALLY good. I thought it was going to be more a series of level challenges, but it’s actually a huge ongoing open main level with mini challenge levels throughout. The control is fantastic.

• Halal 1

3 hours ago, stepee said:

Blue Fire, got it for $1 on fanatical. Played a couple hours last night and it seems REALLY good. I thought it was going to be more a series of level challenges, but it’s actually a huge ongoing open main level with mini challenge levels throughout. The control is fantastic.

Wow you got it for $1, that’s almost free. I’m glad that you’re enjoying it, I did for a while as well but I started to find the environment too confusing to navigate through so I quit playing. I don’t have the patience to get lost and run around in circles not knowing where to go in games anymore, it’s also why I quit playing Shadow Man recently as well.

11 minutes ago, Phaseknox said:

Wow you got it for $1, that’s almost free. I’m glad that you’re enjoying it, I did for a while as well but I started to find the environment too confusing to navigate through so I quit playing. I don’t have the patience to get lost and run around in circles not knowing where to go in games anymore, it’s also why I quit playing Shadow Man recently as well.

I could see that a bit, I am playing while watching movies/tv though so that sorta thing doesn’t bother me as much when I’m doing that. Definitely have ran in circles a few times though, I do hope it’s as obtuse with that as it will get though because I’m really enjoying the gameplay here.

2 minutes ago, stepee said:

I could see that a bit, I am playing while watching movies/tv though so that sorta thing doesn’t bother me as much when I’m doing that. Definitely have ran in circles a few times though, I do hope it’s as obtuse with that as it will get though because I’m really enjoying the gameplay here.

You say this a lot. How in the hell are you playing a videogame and watching tv/movie? 😆 

• True 1