What are you playing today?

5 hours ago, nublood said:

What’s the consensus on Valkyrie Elysium here? I dl’d the demo yesterday and thought it was pretty solid. Tight combat, action RPG, smooth animations, etc. It checks my boxes right now during this gaming drought. lol

My consensus based on the demo is that it’s a solid linear third person action game, but nothing really more beyond that. The story and characters seem kind of thin, the graphics are somewhat dated looking and the levels are linear/straight forward with nothing else on offer but killing enemies. I like the character that you play as, the dark fantasy aesthetic and especially the combat. It’s definitely a fun action game, but it’s lacking adventure and RPG elements to make it a deeper and more engrossing experiene. It seems like something that should be releasing for $40, not $60. I plan on getting it when it’s $40, or less.

• Like 1
  • Halal 1

1 hour ago, Phaseknox said:

Have you played Dungeon Siege III? It’s really good IMO, but short for an RPG (15 hours).

I have. I bought it ages ago on X360 and then I got it digital somehow. I think it was a Games With Gold title at one point. In any case, I'll probably play it through again soon since it's back compat. I really enjoyed it despite its mixed reviews.

Also... it's another fuckin' Obsidian game! Why is it whenever I look back at an RPG I loved, it's always a damn Obsidian game. It's like they're ridiculously good at what they do, or something.

1 hour ago, XxEvil AshxX said:

Why is it whenever I look back at an RPG I loved, it's always a damn Obsidian game. It's like they're ridiculously good at what they do, or something.

I agree, they’ve made some of my favorite RPGs over the years. Have you played Alpha Protocol? It’s one of their less popular games, but it’s really good and underrated IMO. The Outer Worlds is another game of theirs that I feel is underappreciated as well. You might want to check them out if you haven’t already.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Phaseknox said:

I agree, they’ve made some of my favorite RPGs over the years. Have you played Alpha Protocol? It’s one of their less popular games, but it’s really good and underrated IMO. The Outer Worlds is another game of theirs that I feel is underappreciated as well. You might want to check them out if you haven’t already.

I LOVED Alpha Protocol! I would kill for a new one. I mean, I’d kill like a spider. But that’s still murder.

I’m playing Plague’s Tale on pc now. I wanted to go through it before the sequel, because that’s going to be on gamepass and be one of the best looking games this year so I wanna check it out. And damn, maxed out on pc this one looks so good I can’t wait to see what the sequel looks like.

• Halal 1

27 minutes ago, Biggie said:

Modern Warfare 2 beta

Splat-Fest

I played the MW2 beta. I had mixed feelings. Visually it was really disappointing but the gameplay is still really tight. It was fun being in a helicopter with others and then parachuting out of the copter to an objective. 

I actually played really well because the core gameplay is still like the past games. I still felt pretty skilled. I'm completely ignoring this game all together but I wanted to at least try it out. It hasn't come far from MW1 on the 360 which is stunning.

My twin brother and my buddy and I would play MW1 and Black Ops 1 for fuckin hours online. Such amazing fucking memories. 

This looks ok but I'm kinda shocked it's basically the same game years ago. 

@stepee I played a lot of Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Shredder's Revenge today. I had a great time and it was amazing how so many childhood memories flooded my mind while playing this. I love Donatello ♥ 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, best3444 said:

I played the MW2 beta. I had mixed feelings. Visually it was really disappointing but the gameplay is still really tight. It was fun being in a helicopter with others and then parachuting out of the copter to an objective. 

I actually played really well because the core gameplay is still like the past games. I still felt pretty skilled. I'm completely ignoring this game all together but I wanted to at least try it out. It hasn't come far from MW1 on the 360 which is stunning.

My twin brother and my buddy and I would play MW1 and Black Ops 1 for fuckin hours online. Such amazing fucking memories. 

This looks ok but I'm kinda shocked it's basically the same game years ago. 

@stepee I played a lot of Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Shredder's Revenge today. I had a great time and it was amazing how so many childhood memories flooded my mind while playing this. I love Donatello ♥ 

They really did a great job of making that game look like 90s nostalgia personified didn’t that! Just looking at a still of that game makes me happy. 

Playing Return to Monkey Island on the Deck. If you played the previous Monkey Island games, this has a ton of fan service for you. I only touched the old games here and there so it doesn’t do much for me. Luckily it is still a really good point and click adventure game. 

Still playing Dungeon Siege Throne of Agony, and for a game that really doesn't have anything to do from one quest to the next, there are some weird difficulty spikes. As it's been, there's a jump of about three levels between quests... but there's nothing to do from one dungeon to the next aside from just running through the previous one a few times to grind levels.

There was a quest that sent me to a lvl 19 dungeon, then after i grinded a few levels just to be able to survive, I completed it and was then given a quest that took me to a lvl 16 dungeon...It was almost as if they accidentally flipped the quests. :badass:

4 hours ago, skillzdadirecta said:

Wo Long Demo. Think I should be able to beat the demo before it ends tomorrow... fighting the boss I believe. Beat his first form pretty easily but his second form is giving me fits. This game is pretty damn tough for a souls like.

If you’re having trouble, then I don’t have any chance. :p I guess that I’ll be passing on this despite it looking good.

2 hours ago, EternallDarkness said:

started playing Owlboy

I have this in my backlog, how is it?

1 hour ago, Phaseknox said:

If you’re having trouble, then I don’t have any chance. :p I guess that I’ll be passing on this despite it looking good.

Dude... it took me like two hours to beat the boss' second form. Once I changed my build a bit and REALLY understood the moral system and mechnics, it clicked and I beat him just now and finished the demo with an hour to spare. I don't think this game is for you to be honest. It's pretty damn hard even compared to other games in the genre. I'd probably put it on par with Sekiro which is definitely the hardest Souls Game to date.  I'll give more detailed impressions in the other thread. I'm very much looking forward to this game and it's inspiring me to go back and finish the Two Nioh games as well as Elden Ring and Dark Souls three.

8 hours ago, skillzdadirecta said:

Dude... it took me like two hours to beat the boss' second form. Once I changed my build a bit and REALLY understood the moral system and mechnics, it clicked and I beat him just now and finished the demo with an hour to spare. I don't think this game is for you to be honest. It's pretty damn hard even compared to other games in the genre. I'd probably put it on par with Sekiro which is definitely the hardest Souls Game to date.  I'll give more detailed impressions in the other thread. I'm very much looking forward to this game and it's inspiring me to go back and finish the Two Nioh games as well as Elden Ring and Dark Souls three.

Yea, the demo kicked my ass so I'm passing on it. I noticed my skills have really gone south as I age. I play games on easy now just to enjoy myself. 

1 hour ago, best3444 said:

Yea, the demo kicked my ass so I'm passing on it. I noticed my skills have really gone south as I age. I play games on easy now just to enjoy myself. 

I'm not gonna lie, I was TRULY thinking about passing on this myself. The second phase of the demo boss was THAT difficult... until I changed my equipment, spells and summons beast. Rather than focusing on dodging like I had been doing for most of the demo and the first boss phase, I switched weapons and focused on BLOCKING during the second phase of the boss. He does too many multi-hit combos that track you even when you dodge for that to be an effective strategy. Honestly I thought this boss was a TERRIBLE way end the demo becausew I suspect it would have this exact effect, scaring people off the game. I guess it's a good idea to let people know what they are potentially getting into before they buy because the creators of the game have been pretty clear about the experience they are trying to create here and that is why there are no difficulty settings. I guess if you're stuck you can always recruit some help in the multiplayer (which I didn't not try) But yeah, the game is hard. Ultimately I beat that boss and I'm eager for more. I really enjoyed the combat and customization and I can see a LOT of different builds being created with the variety of skills, weapons, and abilites. Gonna be great.

• Thanks 1

More Dark Souls.. 

so I almost lost my sanity beating the f’n Gargoyles and had a surprisingly easier time with some Capra Demon thing (only took 2 tries)….   anyhow Im finding a rhythm, still wasting too many Souls leveling and acquiring stuff I cant use…

I made it to the Depths and got killed by the boss.. I went and upgraded my weapons and im heading back in rolling along peacefully with like 9,000 Souls and 7 Humanity when I suddenly fall through a trap hole into this area with these Battletoads rejects who breathe on me and now im FUCKING CURSED!! half health and everything.. I went to carefully recover my crap and got cursed again..

Im so annoyed cause I could have easily gone and leveled up with the Souls but no I got greedy…so after some research I now know my options for getting un-cursed.. fuck toads, fuck this game… Im taking a break before diving back in..I like it

• Haha 1