~*Official #COVID-19 Thread of Doom*~ Revenge of Omicron Prime

41 minutes ago, ThreePi said:

I'm in Japan right now and it's like 99% masks (except for foreigners). And it's everywhere, indoors and outdoors.

Yesterday during my job interview I took my mask off, and it's the first time I've been in a small room with non-wife people without a mask in a long, long time. It felt weird, and I'll be really mad if that's how I catch COVID, especially if I don't get the job, lol.

• Shocked 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

spacer.png

The family has come down with covid. I always thought we would get it from my little one getting it at daycare but nope, father in law got sick and got mother in law sick who got the wife sick who got me sick. In laws didn't know it was covid till we tested for it and asked them to test. -.-

• Hugs 2

My sister finally got it a couple of weeks ago and the extent of her symptoms were like those of having a slightly-worse-than-usual cold for a few days (Gina had four rounds of the vaccine).

Our 78 year-old mother who has been exposed to it repeatedly both in the US and Trinidad either still hasn't gotten it or received it and was completely asymptomatic (of course, she's had five rounds of the vaccine).

I'm still COVID-free as far as I'm aware, but I also still wear a mask in public when I go to the grocery, etc.

• Halal 1

45 minutes ago, SuperSpreader said:

My wife got it last month. Honestly started getting angry at her for not maintaining her distance and talking at me instead of away from me. Which made her angry and start yelling about my lack of empathy at me more. 

I didn't get it. 

In sickness and in health. You breaking your vows man.

• Haha 1

So far this hasn’t been the worse thing I’ve experienced this year but it hasn’t simply just been another cold or flu, and I’ve had to deal with plenty of colds this year. First few days were fevers, tiredness, soreness and congestion. Today has been mostly feeling like I was out playing paintball all yesterday (so sore points all over the body). Wife it’s been like a bad flu and she lost her sense of taste (I didn’t).

I’d say the worst I’ve experienced this year was norovirus. I lost 5kg over the span of 3 days from having it. My weight never returned to my normal 85kg and more sticks around 82kg now (though today I’m around 80, losing from having Covid).

-edit-

little one has mostly been ok. Yet it’s hard to separate out how much of her congestion/runny nose is from Covid and what is just a build up of what started on Monday when she returned to daycare after an ear infection. Her antigen test came out pretty faint.

5 minutes ago, chakoo said:

No Way Bird GIF

Not until everyone has fallen and we find out who was the last one standing!!

There is no way Wade ever interacts with another human being sans an N95.

He has it in the bag

Pretty sure I still haven't gotten it despite my dad getting it in the middle of our move.

MYLCULWHRBACUROJCW237DRKCQ.JPG&w=1440
WWW.WASHINGTONPOST.COM

"Project Next Gen" would succeed "Operation Warp Speed" with a mission to develop next-generation vaccines and therapies.

Immunocompromised part of the disability community has been lobbying hard for this. 

• Like 1

I feel amazingly lucky to be the only one in my immediate family that didn't get it.

My paternal grandmother caught it last week for the second time.  The first time was back around Thanksgiving 2020, when no vaccines were available.  This time around, while she still feels drained and awful, she said it's not as bad as the first time.

5 hours ago, sblfilms said:
642db37a3c1d57.43935373-e1680810425973.j
THEHILL.COM

President Biden on Monday signed a GOP-led resolution bringing an end to the national emergency over the COVID-19 pandemic, the White House said. The resolution passed the House despite...

lock the thread

Say what you will about Biden, but at least he made the viruses run on time.

5 hours ago, Keyser_Soze said:

Anyone know if a tender septum is a symptom? Sometimes the bottom of my septum stings if I touch it after having a runny nose.

It is, but it’s also a symptom of cold, flu, allergies, etc: typically blowing your nose too much and/or with rough tissues. 

Obviously this is the truth and you're not going to like it.

The vaccines have altered our DNA to make our mucus more acidic which kills COVID but there weren't enough clinical trials to test what happens when the mucus touches the skin of our bodies and the end result is once it gets outside of our nose it burns our skin. Sucks, but that's life now. 🤷‍♀️

• Haha 1
  • True 1

1 hour ago, Keyser_Soze said:

The vaccines have altered our DNA to make our mucus more acidic which kills COVID but there weren't enough clinical trials to test what happens when the mucus touches the skin of our bodies and the end result is once it gets outside of our nose it burns our skin. Sucks, but that's life now. 🤷‍♀️

But the prehensile tail makes up for it

• True 1

12 hours ago, Keyser_Soze said:

You could get traction with this on social media. Probably make a fortune selling some kind of powdered PH base to snort.

• 2 weeks later...
WWW.POLITICO.COM

Florida Surgeon General Joseph Ladapo personally altered a state-driven study about Covid-19 vaccines last year to suggest that some doses pose a significantly higher health risk for young men than had been established by the broader medical community, according to a newly obtained document.

• Guillotine 2

On 3/14/2023 at 2:03 PM, best3444 said:

I got tested today and have covid. I feel like dog shit and been completely out of it for 4 days. 

Any lingering symptoms now? Did you lose taste/smell at all?  I lost taste and smell COMPLETELY for well over a month.  It returned slowly and got better but I'm positive it's still not as good as it used to be.  I was sick at the end of May last year so it will soon be about a year.

2 hours ago, Keyser_Soze said:
WWW.POLITICO.COM

Florida Surgeon General Joseph Ladapo personally altered a state-driven study about Covid-19 vaccines last year to suggest that some doses pose a significantly higher health risk for young men than had been established by the broader medical community, according to a newly obtained document.

You Dont Say The Big Lebowski GIF

1 hour ago, DarkStar189 said:

Any lingering symptoms now? Did you lose taste/smell at all?  I lost taste and smell COMPLETELY for well over a month.  It returned slowly and got better but I'm positive it's still not as good as it used to be.  I was sick at the end of May last year so it will soon be about a year.

No more symptoms and I never lost taste or smell thankfully. My only lingering symptom was diarrhea which was really bad. I had a fever, sore throat, severe aches and pains, cough, and of course diarrhea. It was probably the sickest I ever been in my life. I feel 100% now.

• Like 1
  • Halal 3
  • Hugs 1

• 1 month later...
3000.jpeg
APNEWS.COM

An Associated Press analysis found that fraudsters potentially stole more than $280 billion in COVID-19 relief funding; another $123 billion was wasted or misspent. Combined, the loss represents 10% of the $4.2 trillion the U.S. government has disbursed in COVID relief aid.