~*Official #COVID-19 Thread of Doom*~ Revenge of Omicron Prime

20 minutes ago, thewhyteboar said:

My daughter has been in the same cold cycle as @DarkStar189's son it sounds like. Ugh it's been rough. 

My son is 10 years old and he hasn't been sick like this since he was a toddler.  We blame part of it on his school classroom.  The heat has been "broken" since November and he said most days it just runs continuously.  They keep the windows open to cool it down. Just a germ fest in there with everybody coughing because it's so dry.

8 hours ago, DarkStar189 said:

We all got hit with colds in my house now. My son had maybe 2 weeks being healthy and just got a fever again on Tuesday. Dr said he's negative for strept, Covid, flu.  Been going on since Thanksgiving with him.

I definitely have all the cold symptoms. I usually sleep like crap when I have a cold. But I started a routine every night. Nasal massage on my face, then using a neti pot, then getting a shower. Go to bed and I'm able to sleep through the night with very minimal drainage and stuffy nose.

We've been on the same cycle at home. I swear I haven't had a week go by without me having to message a teacher to excuse an absence. Even then, it's been non-stop runny noses. My 5yo slept through Thanksgiving. My oldest slept through his December birthday. I literally had to postpone Christmas because we were all stuck in bed, sick.

• Hugs 1

31 minutes ago, Ghost_MH said:

We've been on the same cycle at home. I swear I haven't had a week go by without me having to message a teacher to excuse an absence. Even then, it's been non-stop runny noses. My 5yo slept through Thanksgiving. My oldest slept through his December birthday. I literally had to postpone Christmas because we were all stuck in bed, sick.

5 hours ago, TUFKAK said:

More reasons my vasectomy continues to pay dividends!

• Haha 2

• 3 weeks later...
32 minutes ago, BloodyHell said:
cochrane_circulargraphic.png
WWW.COCHRANELIBRARY.COM

TLDR: Most masking had no effect because people don’t wear fitted n95, touch their faces alot, etc.

what does work? Washing your hands often and well.

Also on this study:

Yeah I call bullshit, especially since many more studies show that masking is effective.

1 hour ago, BloodyHell said:
cochrane_circulargraphic.png
WWW.COCHRANELIBRARY.COM

TLDR: Most masking had no effect because people don’t wear fitted n95, touch their faces alot, etc.

what does work? Washing your hands often and well.

Also on this study:

This isn't going to change anyone's mind, because mask wearing became political.  There never was any science that showed a cloth/surgical mask mandate did anything but have a very small impact.

• Halal 1

21 minutes ago, Joe said:

It’s almost as though doing a comprehensive trial review of two very different viruses is pointless!

The study, well meta-analysis of other studies using randomized control trials, separates out the impacts of different interventions on different viruses.

Don’t mind me though, dunk away if you please :p 

4 minutes ago, sblfilms said:

The study, well meta-analysis of other studies using randomized control trials, separates out the impacts of different interventions on different viruses.

Don’t mind me though, dunk away if you please :p 

Right, I did skim it haha. More than anyone but you did probably. But I still thinking talking about two very different viruses like that in the same meta-analysis is confusing and pointless.

It has been known for decades washing your hands is effective against some viruses/bacteria. Just as it has been known for decades that masking is effective against others. Its why in the beginning of COVID why they recommended doing everything before they really knew how it is spread.

There are plenty of studies showing the effectiveness of masking against COVID even with regular surgical masks. One meta study isn't going to change the consensus.  The only masks that seem to not work well are cloth. 

Seat belts don’t work if not used correctly ergo they’re useless. End the mandate!

I can now not wear masks while doing things like: accessing ports, starting central lines, etc. i mean, clearly this one article overrides decades of experience and there’s no efficacy in masking! Especially since we now know it’s all political too! We were so woke we we’re pro masking decades before the pandemic to annoy right wingers cause reasons.

7 hours ago, TUFKAK said:

Seat belts don’t work if not used correctly ergo they’re useless. End the mandate!

I can now not wear masks while doing things like: accessing ports, starting central lines, etc. i mean, clearly this one article overrides decades of experience and there’s no efficacy in masking! Especially since we now know it’s all political too! We were so woke we we’re pro masking decades before the pandemic to annoy right wingers cause reasons.

Somebody definitely didn’t read even the summary of the meta-analysis and only watched the dumb video commentary :p 

• 2 weeks later...

While Murray and Wachter agreed that vaccination remains the safest route, having a past Covid infection should at least be considered in policymaking decisions going forward, such as vaccination requirements, they said.  

“What Europe did with this evidence made a lot of sense, which is where evidence of past infection was seen as essentially equal to vaccination in terms of requirements to go into events or for employment,” Murray said.

This seemed so obvious to me once we had good data on B/T cell immunity from vaccination and prior infection.

The US DOE believes lab leak most likely cause of Covid-19, apparently based on new intelligence. If it is ever proven, the Chinese government should be forced to pay reparations for the deaths and global financial toll of their failure here.

965b47a8-91c8-4415-9530-4598983d8efd-AP_
WWW.USATODAY.COM

The Energy Department has concluded with "low confidence" that the pandemic most likely began after an unintentional lab leak in Wuhan, reports say.