~*Official #COVID-19 Thread of Doom*~ Revenge of Omicron Prime

7 minutes ago, Air_Delivery said:

Still wearing a mask whenever I"m sitting in a waiting room with a bunch of people. I've enjoyed not being sick from all forms of airborne illness.

Oh - I am absolutely still wearing a mask when I'm among a large number of people for the identical reason!

I, too, haven't had so much as a sniffle since 2020!

Coworker said she's still recovering from covid, and can't breathe properly. Also said her mom got the vaccine and can't walk anymore... 

My girlfriend's dad also now has covid, meaning I won't be able to see her for the holidays, and we have tickets to a show next week, goddammit. 

There was a massive flu outbreak in my nieces’ school recently. They sent around 30 kids home, which is about a third of the school. My younger niece is doing better now, but had temps in 102-103 range for three days. I got my flu shot back in August and so far I’m good. 

Looking at a novavax booster in January. My August covid round is probably weakening. 

I still mask at airports, on planes, and other large events. 

5 hours ago, Brick said:

Also said her mom got the vaccine and can't walk anymore... 

Recently or a while ago? Whenever I get the vaccine/booster the joints in my knees + hips go to hell for a day or two. When I caught COVID last September I had the same symptom but more intense and it lasted longer. It usually goes away, but the symptom of it attacking/affecting joints for a bit is common.

3 hours ago, Spork3245 said:

Recently or a while ago? Whenever I get the vaccine/booster the joints in my knees + hips go to hell for a day or two. When I caught COVID last September I had the same symptom but more intense and it lasted longer. It usually goes away, but the symptom of it attacking/affecting joints for a bit is common.

No idea, I didn't ask. She then started going on about how her mom didn't want to get the vaccine at first, but then was going to lose her job if she didn't get it, but then her work fired her anyway even after she did get it. Started complaining about how people who are questioning the safety of the vaccine are lumped into the same group as anti-vaxxers. Didn't want to get into it. 

41 minutes ago, Brick said:

No idea, I didn't ask. She then started going on about how her mom didn't want to get the vaccine at first, but then was going to lose her job if she didn't get it, but then her work fired her anyway even after she did get it. Started complaining about how people who are questioning the safety of the vaccine are lumped into the same group as anti-vaxxers. Didn't want to get into it. 

Drama Club No GIF by Nickelodeon

• True 1

53 minutes ago, Brick said:

Ew Pass GIF by SpoopyDrws

Had Christmas with my family.  But just before I left, I started coughing hard, and ended up barfing (thankfully, it was in the kitchen sink).

On my way home, i had to stop for gas.  Once there, I felt better, so I got myself a small sandwich at the Wawa i was at.  But nearly as soon as I got home and stepped out of my car, I threw up again.

I'm probably coming down with something (if I haven't already), and I'm scared to eat or drink anything now.

• Shocked 1

Just now, marioandsonic said:

Had Christmas with my family.  But just before I left, I started coughing hard, and ended up barfing (thankfully, it was in the kitchen sink).

On my way home, i had to stop for gas.  Once there, I felt better, so I got myself a small sandwich at the Wawa i was at.  But nearly as soon as I got home and stepped out of my car, I threw up again.

I'm probably coming down with something (if I haven't already), and I'm scared to eat or drink anything now.

RIP

• True 1

9 hours ago, marioandsonic said:

There’s a stomach bug going around as well as a nasty cold virus, on top of the newest COVID variant spiking in numbers.

• Sad 1

• 4 weeks later...