~*Official #COVID-19 Thread of Doom*~ Revenge of Omicron Prime

Waiting until near the end of October to get my Flu shot, but received my Moderna vaccine a little over a week ago.  Was hoping I finally dodged the bullet on side effects as I was barely feeling any in the evening for once, but the second I went to bed, I felt like I had come down with a bad case of the flu that lasted for two days.  I just look at it as confirmation my body is making antibodies.

7 minutes ago, vaxick said:

Waiting until near the end of October to get my Flu shot, but received my Moderna vaccine a little over a week ago.  Was hoping I finally dodged the bullet on side effects as I was barely feeling any in the evening for once, but the second I went to bed, I felt like I had come down with a bad case of the flu that lasted for two days.  I just look at it as confirmation my body is making antibodies.

I considered waiting on the flu shot but I'm traveling in a couple of weeks so decided it made the most sense to just get both now.

• 2 weeks later...

Got my flu shot and COVID booster today. :dancing: 

I went to the pharmacy in a local Costco and was given the Novavax vaccine. So far I've had Pfizer and Moderna so we'll see how it goes. My arm was a little more sore this time but I also did two shots for the first time, and both in the same arm so it's probably not related. 

:SARS-CoV-2:

• Halal 1

1 hour ago, Nokra said:

Got my flu shot and COVID booster today. :dancing: 

I went to the pharmacy in a local Costco and was given the Novavax vaccine. So far I've had Pfizer and Moderna so we'll see how it goes. My arm was a little more sore this time but I also did two shots for the first time, and both in the same arm so it's probably not related. 

:SARS-CoV-2:

I found out Costco has Novavax a couple of days after getting my Moderna shot this year. :sadsun: Guess I'll finally get it in the spring (I feel like getting boosted every six months is warranted).

I think the info isn't 100% solid but there are indications that Novavax boosters last a bit longer than mRNA vaccines (at least in the case of when you've already had mRNA shots), and that it may be a bit more effective at keeping you from getting COVID at all due to being better at killing COVID in the upper respiratory tract.

• 1 month later...
7 hours ago, TyphoidHater said:

Is it weird that Pfizer has been the easiest/only shot available to me all 4 times?  I always hear about people mixing, but I've never even seen that as an option around me.  Maybe a CVS thing?

All the pharmacies I’ve gotten the booster from have one they’ll give by default but also have others available upon request. 

• Thanks 1

On 11/21/2023 at 4:02 AM, Spork3245 said:

All the pharmacies I’ve gotten the booster from have one they’ll give by default but also have others available upon request. 

Too much work 😂

Maybe I'll switch if someone comes out with a single combo shot.

Heck, I rarely change my game options from default.

On 11/20/2023 at 8:09 PM, TyphoidHater said:

Is it weird that Pfizer has been the easiest/only shot available to me all 4 times?  I always hear about people mixing, but I've never even seen that as an option around me.  Maybe a CVS thing?

Pfizer does seem to be in more places.  I got Moderna the last couple times because I went looking for it.  Walmart around me was doing Moderna.

• Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...

The woman next to me on my flight has been coughing without covering her mouth the entire time and sniffling a lot. :s

I fucking hate that masks got polarized so people won't even put one on when they're obviously sick. I put a mask on myself, I'm gonna be super pissed if I wind up having to spend my entire trip sick and isolated. 

• Guillotine 1
  • Sad 1

My office has been great with sickness management this season. We have a good sick day policy (20 paid sick days per year that you can bank up to 200 max), and if anyone feels well enough to work and wants to work, they can WFH. If they feel well enough to work and need to be in the office (but aren't sure if they are still sick, etc), then people are masking. So far we haven't had any office-wide colds/COVID/flu. Not bad for working in a school division.

• Halal 1

You’ll all be happy to know half my dept is sick, I’ve been fighting whatever this is for a month, but nobody can really take time off because we’re so understaffed that if we stay home there won’t be enough nurses to run the ER. 

• Hugs 1

2 hours ago, Jason said:

The woman next to me on my flight has been coughing without covering her mouth the entire time and sniffling a lot. :s

I fucking hate that masks got polarized so people won't even put one on when they're obviously sick. I put a mask on myself, I'm gonna be super pissed if I wind up having to spend my entire trip sick and isolated. 

Bring extra masks with you and offer it to asshole coughers. 

Me and my sister have been feeling like shit the past 3 days, and we just both tested positive with our new at home kits. I’m tired but I’m not always sleeping, my nose is either running like a faucet or is clogged and chocking me when I try to swallow water. The throat is irritated, no appetite (even with weed) and headache that just won’t go away. Fuck this sucks and now I’m isolating myself to my room for the next couple days. 

• Hugs 1

8 minutes ago, silentbob said:

Me and my sister have been feeling like shit the past 3 days, and we just both tested positive with our new at home kits. I’m tired but I’m not always sleeping, my nose is either running like a faucet or is clogged and chocking me when I try to swallow water. The throat is irritated, no appetite (even with weed) and headache that just won’t go away. Fuck this sucks and now I’m isolating myself to my room for the next couple days. 

Jesus. Those are my exact symptoms right now. 

• Hugs 1

On 12/15/2023 at 3:28 PM, TUFKAK said:

You’ll all be happy to know half my dept is sick, I’ve been fighting whatever this is for a month, but nobody can really take time off because we’re so understaffed that if we stay home there won’t be enough nurses to run the ER. 

I haven't been in California for the last week but apparently there's an outbreak happening there right now? Potentially a new strain?

• Hugs 1

49 minutes ago, CitizenVectron said:

Our hospitals are so full that they are violating fire code, and our ambulances have dozens of times per month when there are no units available to immediately respond. But...the pandemic is over!

It is; it’s endemic. 

• True 1

1 hour ago, CitizenVectron said:

Our hospitals are so full that they are violating fire code, and our ambulances have dozens of times per month when there are no units available to immediately respond. But...the pandemic is over!

That’s not pandemic that’s healthcare 

• True 1

13 hours ago, skillzdadirecta said:

I haven't been in California for the last week but apparently there's an outbreak happening there right now? Potentially a new strain?

There’s an outbreak of something that’s for sure, nobody is testing positive though, probably a bad flu season.