~*Official #COVID-19 Thread of Doom*~ Revenge of Omicron Prime

1 hour ago, Chris- said:

All I'll say is this: if Trump ended up having little to no symptoms, that would be the absolute worst outcome solely because he'd start telling people, 'See? It's not that bad!' So beyond whatever bloodlust @sblfilms is rightfully chastising us for, for the greater good that motherfucker needs to suffer a little!

See I think if that happens (mild case), which is likely, not much changes. His people either already think it’s not dangerous or don’t believe in it at all, and everyone else already knows the risks to a single given person are low but not insignificant.

i think we just need to revel in it and enjoy it, not think about if it actually helps him.

He’s such a vile piece of shit. 

• Thanks 1

Man what a hell of a thing to wake up in the middle of the night to read, go "fucking hell 2020" and then go back to sleep over. This was such a 2020 thing to happen in 2020. I wonder if this will be peak or if we have another one on the way.

It's actually sad that I wanted to joke a few days ago that October surprise was going to be trump gets covid as a joke.

Anyways I can totally see this going the BoJo route. Trump will continue to downplay the severity till we find out he is in a hospital in an induced coma for a few weeks then recovers from it after that. I know trump is old but he is also going to have the best US medical care thrown at him to keep him alive. 

8 hours ago, skillzdadirecta said:

CNN just said that not only was Pence potentially exposed because he was in the Oval with Trump on Tuesday, but that because Mnuchin and Mark Meadows have been around them as well, McConnell, Pelosi and other on capital hill may have been exposed as well. This could be CRAZY.

🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏

End it all

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, CitizenVectron said:

If he is already symptomatic, that is probably not good for his prognosis. Hospitalization typically occurs a week or two after first being positive for older people (as far as I know). So his symptoms could ramp up over the next week or two.

shutterstock_1693449067-scaled.jpg
BLOG.BCBSNC.COM

COVID-19 symptoms are updated daily. A timeline of when symptoms start can help you identify if you might have coronavirus or a cold.

Keep in mind symptoms can vary from person to person. As many as 8% of people may show no symptoms at all. Symptoms also very in severity due to underlying health conditions.

Pre-symptoms:
Many people with COVID-19 will go two to 14 days with minimal or no symptoms. Most will begin feeling symptoms between days four and five after exposure.

Day one of symptoms:
Symptoms typically begin mild. They usually include a fever – any temperature 100.4 F or greater – dry cough, or shortness of breath. Fever, cough and loss of smell or taste are the most common symptoms.

Days two through 10 of symptoms:
Symptoms continue to increase in severity. The CDC says you may experience new symptoms, like:

Fever
Chills
Cough
Shortness of breath or difficulty breathing
Fatigue
Muscle or body aches
Headache
New loss of taste or smell
Sore throat
Congestion or runny nose
Nausea or vomiting
Diarrhea

Days 10-12 of symptoms:
If someone has a severe case of COVID-19, this is typically when they are admitted to the ICU due to acute respiratory distress syndrome (ARDS), extreme difficulty breathing requiring a ventilator.

The CDC does note that an ARDS diagnosis typically happens between days 8 and twelve. But sometimes it occurs as late as 15 days after beginning of any symptoms. Onset of difficulty breathing may be sudden.

Days 10-14 of symptoms:
If someone has a mild case of COVID-19, this is typically when they begin to feel better. Symptoms will start to subside. Any cough will last an average of 19 days.

Doctors recommend that people get re-tested to make sure they no longer test positive for the disease. This is typically done no sooner than 14 days after diagnosis.  Follow the directions of your provider, contact tracer or other public health provider.

More in the link.

As a side note, is that a typo? As many as 8% I always thought it was significantly higher than 8% more like.... 80%