~*Official #COVID-19 Thread of Doom*~ Revenge of Omicron Prime

Word around the water cooler is that this was Trump's last ace-in-the-hole to use as an excuse to get out of something. He's going to use this as a reason to not have to debate Biden, and he's probably going to say he has some early vaccine that "cured him" once he thinks enough time has passed so that he won't have to debate again.

But whether or not he does have Covid is up for debate. He wouldn't so quickly have announced it on Twitter if he did, so the medical community is suspicious...

12 minutes ago, IdeaOfEvil said:

Word around the water cooler is that this was Trump's last ace-in-the-hole to use as an excuse to get out of something. He's going to use this as a reason to not have to debate Biden, and he's probably going to say he has some early vaccine that "cured him" once he thinks enough time has passed so that he won't have to debate again.

But whether or not he does have Covid is up for debate. He wouldn't so quickly have announced it on Twitter if he did, so the medical community is suspicious...

It’s Trump, he could have come up with so many reasons to back out and no one would bat an eye. 

1 minute ago, marioandsonic said:

I assume this all means that Biden needs to quarantine for at least the next 7 days, assuming he tests negative?

Not just Biden, but pretty much everyone who attended the debate.  Half of the people there (all Trump supporters) didn't wear masks.

There's an importance to talk about Trump's claiming of being infected in this thread because the WHO and CDC both have to consider all the new possibilities as to how this will affect local medical communities going forward. Months ago I posted how California medical practices were planning on Trump creating a false vaccine when election season started, and here we are in the middle of it.

The talk that's just starting to leak through some new emails I'm reading are all about re-arranging big meeting later today so the big wigs can talk about it. What if Trump isn't sick, but uses his "cure" as a springboard to claim he has a working vaccine? What if Trump is really sick and tries to denounce the virus as being anything serious? (he could be filming videos now to play over the next couple of weeks to show him as being semi-healthy all throughout).

Medicine doesn't care about politics, but it does need to protect itself at all times from them.

13 minutes ago, sexy_shapiro said:

Yeah, this should have been its own thread. Now this news is going to overpower discussion on any other Covid related news for at least a couple of weeks.

Agreed. There was no reason to lock the thread that was started because the president getting COVID is a big story that warrants its own thread outside of general COVID news.

3 minutes ago, IdeaOfEvil said:

There's an importance to talk about Trump's claiming of being infected in this thread because the WHO and CDC both have to consider all the new possibilities as to how this will affect local medical communities going forward. Months ago I posted how California medical practices were planning on Trump creating a false vaccine when election season started, and here we are in the middle of it.

The talk that's just starting to leak through some new emails I'm reading are all about re-arranging big meeting later today so the big wigs can talk about it. What if Trump isn't sick, but uses his "cure" as a springboard to claim he has a working vaccine? What if Trump is really sick and tries to denounce the virus as being anything serious? (he could be filming videos now to play over the next couple of weeks to show him as being semi-healthy all throughout).

Medicine doesn't care about politics, but it does need to protect itself at all times from them.

The amount of planning for this to work greatly exceeds the capabilities of both Trump and his administration. 

3 minutes ago, TheLeon said:

There’s a yard sign in my neighborhood that says

“STD - Stop The Donald 2020

Don’t let the infection spread”

I hope they take that sign down. This particular infection can go ahead and keep spreading in particular areas. 

I've seen this too, in Texas LOL

37 minutes ago, sexy_shapiro said:

Yeah, this should have been its own thread. Now this news is going to overpower discussion on any other Covid related news for at least a couple of weeks.

35 minutes ago, b_m_b_m_b_m said:

Agreed. This is fucking massive news

23 minutes ago, SaysWho? said:

Agreed. There was no reason to lock the thread that was started because the president getting COVID is a big story that warrants its own thread outside of general COVID news.

Stop trying to make @Mr.Vic20 feel better.