~*Official #COVID-19 Thread of Doom*~ Revenge of Omicron Prime

1 minute ago, Reputator said:

Biden's support comes from being all the things Trump isn't. Beholden to facts and science, dignified, experienced, knowledgeable, respectful, anti-racism, pro-affordable medical coverage, etc etc.

Pence is just Trump but without all the red meat applause lines he would throw his base.

Those are all things HRC was in 2016. The difference is after fours the biggest thing Biden has going for him is he isn’t Donald Trump. Pence also isn’t Donald Trump and I think he appeals to moderates and independents more than Trump. 

1 minute ago, Spawn_of_Apathy said:

Those are all things HRC was in 2016. The difference is after fours the biggest thing Biden has going for him is he isn’t Donald Trump. Pence also isn’t Donald Trump and I think he appeals to moderates and independents more than Trump. 

The test to prove this is whether or not people voted for the Trump ticket mainly because of Pence. And I don't see that being the case.

But I don't claim to know what would happen if Trump died before the election. Such a thing would be MONUMENTALLY historic and the fallout from that is likely just as unpredictable as the event itself.

9 minutes ago, Reputator said:

The test to prove this is whether or not people voted for the Trump ticket mainly because of Pence. And I don't see that being the case.

But I don't claim to know what would happen if Trump died before the election. Such a thing would be MONUMENTALLY historic and the fallout from that is likely just as unpredictable as the event itself.

I’m not saying they voted for Trump in 2016 because of Pence. Though Pence may have helped his “cred” with Republican Evangelical types. I’m saying that right leaning voters getting turned off by Trump now may find Pence far more appealing. Seeing Pence as more “moderate” than Trump and definitely less embarrassing. 

3 minutes ago, osxmatt said:

I mean, you have to imagine The White House (any WH) would attempt to downplay the initial symptoms of a positive COVID test?

What do we make that less than 12 hours after a positive test *this* WH is already saying Trump had mild symptoms?

That's what I was about to come here and say. They lie about *everything* who is to say that trump isn't actually worse than they're letting on? If they had some credibility this would be pointless rumormongering but you can't trust anything these people say!

I mean hell, the white house was not who announced that hope hicks was positive. The story was broken by a reporter!

Just now, b_m_b_m_b_m said:

I mean hell, the white house was not who announced that hope hicks was positive. The story was broken by a reporter!

They didn't even tell the Biden campaign, the Biden campaign found out about it via the news reporting.

7 minutes ago, osxmatt said:

I mean, you have to imagine The White House (any WH) would attempt to downplay the initial symptoms of a positive COVID test?

What do we make that less than 12 hours after a positive test *this* WH is already saying Trump had mild symptoms?

Right? Wouldn't it be a better look on their covid narrative to say that Trump is completely asymptomatic?

He could have a bad case and they're setting it up so he doesn't have to appear in public for a while.

12 minutes ago, osxmatt said:

7 minutes ago, b_m_b_m_b_m said:

That's what I was about to come here and say. They lie about *everything* who is to say that trump isn't actually worse than they're letting on? If they had some credibility this would be pointless rumormongering but you can't trust anything these people say!

The only way we'll get news of Trump's death is when RT announces that he called Putin to tell him how much he loves him with his last breath.

I wonder if there would be any legal or political fallout if we find out weeks later that Donald had been incapacitated for days without the administration saying a word to anyone, and at no point did the 25th amendment get invoked, leaving the country and military without a legal commander in Chief and head of the Executive branch of government.  

3 minutes ago, Spawn_of_Apathy said:

I wonder if there would be any legal or political fallout if we find out weeks later that Donald had been incapacitated for days without the administration saying a word to anyone, and at no point did the 25th amendment get invoked, leaving the country and military without a legal commander in Chief and head of the Executive branch of government.  

Why would Pence not take the reigns? 

9 minutes ago, Spawn_of_Apathy said:

I don't see why there would be any repercussions. I mean, you've seen what's happened since 2016 right? Nothing matters, only death now. 

1 hour ago, Spawn_of_Apathy said:

Biden is an old white guy and Pence is a religious zealot who's political career was pretty much over when Trump tapped him for how bad he fucked up Indiana as Governor. He would lose DRAMTICALLY to Biden.