~*Official #COVID-19 Thread of Doom*~ Revenge of Omicron Prime

36 minutes ago, mclumber1 said:

If three or more GOP senators are forced to quarantine, it's unlikely the barrett confirmation vote can happen.

I don’t think Mitch would have any issue changing voting rules to allow remote voting.

gettyimages-1212730181.jpg?itok=B732V7Yp
THEWEEK.COM

President Trump has COVID-19. It's hard to imagine someone who has asked for it more than him — he's held multiple in-person, indoor rallies, he's attempted to bully states into ending their containment efforts, he mocked Joe Biden for wearing a mask (and largely refused to wear one in public himself), and on and on. This may be the first time Trump has ever experienced any kind of serious, obvious consequence for his...

54 minutes ago, Spawn_of_Apathy said:

This election becomes a whole different ballgame if Trump dies from Covid before the election. 

What even happens? The ticket stays the same, but Pence becomes the de facto POTUS if Donald wins? I mean we all know how the Supreme Court will rule. 

it’s too late for Pence to get in the ballot as the primary candidate. 

but the race becoming Pence v Biden is a different race entirely. Many that could by shying away from Donald would go back to the Republicans for Pence. 

Eeeeh, I also think it works the other way. There are a lot of people who only voted for Trump because he is Trump, and don't really care for Pence. These people would likely stay home. Also, I honestly don't think much will change the way people are voting at this point.

55 minutes ago, Spawn_of_Apathy said:

This election becomes a whole different ballgame if Trump dies from Covid before the election. 

What even happens? The ticket stays the same, but Pence becomes the de facto POTUS if Donald wins? I mean we all know how the Supreme Court will rule. 

it’s too late for Pence to get in the ballot as the primary candidate. 

but the race becoming Pence v Biden is a different race entirely. Many that could by shying away from Donald would go back to the Republicans for Pence. 

Pence wouldn't have a chance in hell. He might retain Trump's base out of loyalty, but he has zero charisma. He'd be dead in the water against Biden.

1 minute ago, Reputator said:

Pence wouldn't have a chance in hell. He might retain Trump's base out of loyalty, but he has zero charisma. He'd be dead in the water against Biden.

I dunno. He’s more of a “real Republican”. He may be boring, but he’s also not embarrassing.

Plus he’s what they’ll have. much like Biden is no where near as charismatic as Obama. Or as progressive in his rhetoric, and look at his support. 

1 minute ago, Spawn_of_Apathy said:

I dunno. He’s more of a “real Republican”. He may be boring, but he’s also not embarrassing.

Plus he’s what they’ll have. much like Biden is no where near as charismatic as Obama. Or as progressive in his rhetoric, and look at his support. 

Biden's support comes from being all the things Trump isn't. Beholden to facts and science, dignified, experienced, knowledgeable, respectful, anti-racism, pro-affordable medical coverage, etc etc.

Pence is just Trump but without all the red meat applause lines he would throw his base.