~*Official #COVID-19 Thread of Doom*~ Revenge of Omicron Prime

Who knew that when you tell your base that is dying that they need to suck it up wasn’t a good message. :|

10 minutes ago, Keyser_Soze said:

At one point it was 43% disapprove, what was going on then?

Blind belief that he had some control over the matter. :lol:

28 minutes ago, Keyser_Soze said:

At one point it was 43% disapprove, what was going on then?

He actually started acting like the virus was a serious issue affecting the United States and not just something other places are dealing with. 

...but then people saw how he was handling it “seriously” and the disapproval started to rise again. 

I think people genuinely wanted to give Donald the benefit of the doubt, that he would start to handle the pandemic sanely and competently. 

16 minutes ago, Chris- said:

He’ll do it once, bitch about not getting enough credit, then triple-down and never do it again. 

Don't forget about bragging about he was the first to do it!

In other news, Trump is apparently asking for universities to be looked at for the tax-status if they are only doing remote instruction:

• Guillotine 1

2 hours ago, CitizenVectron said:

Don't forget about bragging about he was the first to do it!

In other news, Trump is apparently asking for universities to be looked at for the tax-status if they are only doing remote instruction:

>Public schools are about radical left indoctrination not education and I will take away funding in needed

>We *must* send out kids back to school this fall

1 hour ago, Emperor Diocletian II said:

I bet that more than a few of the "Disapprove" are doing so because he didn't send in the tanks to crush the BLM protesters under their treads.

You can't put a negative spin as easily on the COVID-19 disapproval numbers though.

1 minute ago, Massdriver said:

You can't put a negative spend as easily on the COVID-19 disapproval numbers though.

JUST WATCH ME!

More than a few of those "Disapprove" respondents are doing so because he didn't cut off all Federal funds to states whose governors who dared question his exhortations to fully open.

11 minutes ago, Emperor Diocletian II said:

JUST WATCH ME!

More than a few of those "Disapprove" respondents are doing so because he didn't cut off all Federal funds to states whose governors who dared question his exhortations to fully open.

The "it's just the flu, bro" option

2 hours ago, Massdriver said:

IpsosPoll_Coronavirus_Q1_ApproveDisappro

IpsosPoll_Coronavirus_Q3_ApproveDisappro

https://abcnews.go.com/Politics/broad-disapproval-trumps-handling-coronavirus-race-relations-poll/story?id=71704889

Let's hope these disapproval numbers hold up. Some white uneducated voters are starting to turn against him.

Seems like one demo that previously seemed unshakable from Trump is old folks, and some of them arw finally turning on him. In one sense it's nice to see it's possible, but also sad and frustrating that it takes such tragedy.

I mean look at Florida, God's waiting room. Other than announcing a fucking dystopian 65 year life limit, him and DeSantis have pretty much ran a political science experiment on how badly you can treat a loyal constituency before they turn on you.

10 minutes ago, Chairslinger said:

Seems like one demo that previously seemed unshakable from Trump is old folks, and some of them arw finally turning on him. In one sense it's nice to see it's possible, but also sad and frustrating that it takes such tragedy.

I mean look at Florida, God's waiting room. Other than announcing a fucking dystopian 65 year life limit, him and DeSantis have pretty much ran a political science experiment on how badly you can treat a loyal constituency before they turn on you.

The Republican party’s seeming disinterest in taking this seriously to safeguard the elderly has been baffling to me. It’s their most loyal voting block, and the voting block that votes most regularly. 

It’s like they’re actively trying to either piss them off or kill them off. Neither will help them in November. 

Illinois cases and positive % are both on the upswing now. It's been exactly two weeks since we reopened partial indoor restaurants and bars. Illinois has handled itself better then some, but I think they fucked up with that. I don't think anything involving prolonged indoor exposure is going to work until the baseline of cases are way, way further down. I honestly don't know what to do with school in the fall. I'd be an absolute mess right now if I had kids.

Don't worry SC has this all figured out, go home before you get too drunk and everything will be fine!

https://www.npr.org/sections/coronavirus-live-updates/2020/07/10/889737628/s-c-governor-imposes-11-p-m-alcohol-curfew-for-bars-and-restaurants?utm_medium=RSS&utm_campaign=nprblogscoronavirusliveupdates

South Carolina Gov. Henry McMaster announced on Friday that all bars and restaurants in the state must stop serving alcohol by 11 each night to try to stem a statewide rise in coronavirus cases.

This week, South Carolina is averaging 1,570 new cases of the virus per day. That's more than twice the rate of new cases compared with three weeks ago.