The Official Thread of Systemic Racism

I generally agree, but it is "funny" that the white defendant seems to once again catch a break that doesn't seem to generally fall in the direction of Black defendants.

My gut tells me a pattern of violent behavior wouldn't be overlooked for other defendants who weren't cops or white

Illinois2.jpeg
WWW.WTHITV.COM

Using tax money from the sale of recreational marijuana, the Chicago suburb of Evanston has become the first U.S. city to make reparations available to its Black residents for past discrimination and the lingering effects of slavery.

On Facebook this has far more laughs and angry reactions than upvotes.

Some of the racist comments.

I sure don't agree with this judgement! Now who is going to pay the white people who gave their LIVES to defend the right of black people to not be enslaved?????

Why should we have to pay for the sins of our fathers there is not one single white person alive today who enslaved anybody of any color there has been many crimes committed Against Humanity over the years we cannot go back and pay everybody thousands of dollars I think more people are just trying to find a way to sit back nothing and allow the American people to pay for it by the way it won't just be white people paying for it everybody's tax dollars Will Go On It and yes I know it said from the sale of recreational marijuana but trust me it will go further into your tax dollars

I’m English. Do I get money for the vikings and Romans doing similar in my country ?

Guess I will have to change what I identify as so I can get some of my money back

so Africa should pay for slavery? They are the ones who captured them and then sold them.

I think illegal immigrants should get this also.

Talk about racism. Prime example. I think I might sue for my reparations of being discriminated and unlawful use of taxes. I know there's a attorney out there that would help me

And everytime a black child is born it will go on the payroll

I don't know how to not make it autoplay if it's embedded so just click the link:

https://www.reddit.com/r/newyorkcity/comments/mbm23y/a_disgusting_karen_called_this_gentleman_a/

Other fun activities this woman has been up to:

She posted video of herself getting a whole bus taken out of service for not wearing a mask, and a reply from Target that they would not remove her trespassing complaint. Doesn't exactly scream "high society type"

She has a couple of very poorly rated books self-published on Amazon. Here's the blurb for one:

"Boy meets girl. Co-ed meets co-ed. Non-fundamentalist Muslim meets lapsed Catholic. Faux Capitalist meets Wannabe Communist. Terrorist meets American. Or is American as terrorist as it gets?

What's fair in love and war is the fairest one of all, only in New York, kids."

210323182834-st-martin-de-porres-super-t
AMP.CNN.COM

The White headmaster of a Catholic school on Long Island has been placed on leave following reports that he had a Black student kneel in apology last month, calling it "the African way" to apologize.

6 hours ago, heydude93 said:

This is a HEAVY but engaging watch that might get uncomfortable at times but seems relevant and interesting enough to share, so:

It’s like I made a video about this subject. 

55 minutes ago, CitizenVectron said:
3500.jpg?width=1200&height=630&quality=8
WWW.THEGUARDIAN.COM

Officer Luther Hall, who was recording criminal activity during protests, required multiple surgeries after the attack

Amazing, they won't even prosecute cops for beating their own.

18 minutes ago, b_m_b_m_b_m said:

I think I said this before, but all the major gaming companies have the ability to filter for this kind of language already. Intel doing it in real time on an end-user's own computer is cool, but we've gotten really good at looking for key words in speech. The only reason this hadn't happened is for fear of pissing off racists and other Gamergate-types that spend a lot of money on games. It's Jordan's whole "Republicans buy shoes, too" mindset.

36 minutes ago, Ghost_MH said:

I think I said this before, but all the major gaming companies have the ability to filter for this kind of language already. Intel doing it in real time on an end-user's own computer is cool, but we've gotten really good at looking for key words in speech. The only reason this hadn't happened is for fear of pissing off racists and other Gamergate-types that spend a lot of money on games. It's Jordan's whole "Republicans buy shoes, too" mindset.

It all seems to short sighted. If you made online gaming more inviting for women and racial/ethnic minorities, you have a maaaassssive group to pull into your customer base to make up for whatever “losses” you have from restricting racist/sexist/etc activity.

12 minutes ago, sblfilms said:

It all seems to short sighted. If you made online gaming more inviting for women and racial/ethnic minorities, you have a maaaassssive group to pull into your customer base to make up for whatever “losses” you have from restricting racist/sexist/etc activity.

When one sees the demographic composition of the typical game developer studio, I think the reasoning for that short-sightedness becomes all to clear.

6 hours ago, sblfilms said:

Going through the Chauvin trial stuff and there is pretty close to zero chance of conviction. The prosecution has been abysmal

Soooo, I watched some of today’s stuff and they may have turned it around with the pulmonologist. He was unequivocal, saying even a healthy person would have died from the same use of force Floyd was subjected to. Really strong testimony. Laid it all out not only why he affirms the officer’s actions caused the death but taking apart the defenses explanations. Wow.

11 hours ago, sblfilms said:

Soooo, I watched some of today’s stuff and they may have turned it around with the pulmonologist. He was unequivocal, saying even a healthy person would have died from the same use of force Floyd was subjected to. Really strong testimony. Laid it all out not only why he affirms the officer’s actions caused the death but taking apart the defenses explanations. Wow.

Is there any footage out there? 

For me everything comes down to this. Chauvin continued to apply pressure after Floyd went limp. It doesn't matter if the cause is suffocation or drugs, that's when it becomes murder. I've practiced both Judo and Jujitsu for years, and the idea of continuing a choke after someone taps or passes out is unthinkable. Its insane to hold it even for a second after someone passes out. 

Nothing can get around that fact. 

1 minute ago, Air_Delivery said:

For me everything comes down to this. Chauvin continued to apply pressure after Floyd when limp. II doesn't matter if the cause is suffocation or drugs that's when it becomes murder. 

Nothing can get around that fact. 

During Dr. Tobin's testimony he states that he observed brain injury shortly after the 5 minute mark. The restraint went on for 4 more minutes. Just fucking gross...