The Official Thread of Systemic Racism

6 minutes ago, vaxick said:
QWYAHXT33VHHBENVZXON4JKBUY.jpg
WWW.CHICAGOTRIBUNE.COM

Lake County authorities on Friday afternoon handed off Rittenhouse to police in Wisconsin, where he faces charges stemming from the fatal shooting of two men and the...

Real dilemma for Trump. 

Does he continue to support the racist murderer even though he wore a mask?:thinking:

• Haha 1

22 hours ago, ort said:

It's very rare for players picked past the 2nd or 3rd round to become impactful NHL players. There are a few outliers, sure, but it is not common.

Most 4th rounders who make it to the NHL end up as 4th line grinders or interchangeable depth players.

The vast majority of NHL players were picked in the first 2 rounds. (41% of NHLers were 1st round picks, 17% second rounders)

I think some sports are just easier to project a young players future ability. Hockey and basketball... and some sports are harder... like football and baseball.

Agreed, Brady was an outlier too. But it does happen. 
I doubt this kid would have ever been great, but it foes happen often enough.

I mean, I live in Philly and I'm going into the city tonight for Halloween (practicing full safety protocols of course). And it's been fine - it's all exagerrated. Yes, it's bad in that there is rioting and stuff, but it's more a mess politically and in the media than in actuality. Will report how it looks tonight though when I'm more properly in downtown.

It is frustrating that between Pittsburgh and Philadelphia we have Alabama. And Pennsylvania is a beautiful state. I went to Bucknell University in the middle of nowhere PA (Lewisburg, PA) and the campus and area are lovely.

BUT THE PEOPLE JESUS H. CHRIST. As in the locals, the townies. Stick to Pittsburgh and Philly y'all and then go to the parks and camp in between. To be fair there are the liberal, kind Pensultucky people, like the kind farm people out in the Midwest I've met (it's almost astonishing how nice they can be) but then there's the other half . . . 

19 hours ago, Greatoneshere said:

I mean, I live in Philly and I'm going into the city tonight for Halloween (practicing full safety protocols of course). And it's been fine - it's all exagerrated. Yes, it's bad in that there is rioting and stuff, but it's more a mess politically and in the media than in actuality. Will report how it looks tonight though when I'm more properly in downtown.

It is frustrating that between Pittsburgh and Philadelphia we have Alabama. And Pennsylvania is a beautiful state. I went to Bucknell University in the middle of nowhere PA (Lewisburg, PA) and the campus and area are lovely.

BUT THE PEOPLE JESUS H. CHRIST. As in the locals, the townies. Stick to Pittsburgh and Philly y'all and then go to the parks and camp in between. To be fair there are the liberal, kind Pensultucky people, like the kind farm people out in the Midwest I've met (it's almost astonishing how nice they can be) but then there's the other half . . . 

Was in Knox near Cook Forest the other weekend and I counted at least three Confederate flags amongst the dozens of Trump signs/banners. The Amish and Mennonites are cool though.

• 2 weeks later...
44 minutes ago, Jason said:

I'm pretty sure they were able to get the $2 million bail because his mom was on Hannity or Cucker begging for money.

All of the nightly opinion ghouls on Fox News have his victims blood on their hands too. Fuck this kid, fuck Fox News and fuck anyone who thinks it's acceptable to bring an assault rifle to a protest. This isn't the fucking Wild West, leave your fucking guns at home. He's a murderer. He knew what he was doing when he drove 100 miles or whatever with a deadly weapon of war. He was looking for war.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
3 minutes ago, Jason said:
201229-tamir-rice-memorial-se-537p_a29aa
WWW.NBCNEWS.COM

Video from the shooting of the 12-year-old in Cleveland was too poor for prosecutors to conclusively establish what happened, the Justice Department announced.

Bullshit. They rolled up and murdered a kid. Fucking cops. The only requirement to be a cop in this country is to have the worst judgement.