The Official Thread of Systemic Racism

9 hours ago, Keyser_Soze said:

He was taken 111th? Yeah, he's done. I'd assume anyone taken in the top half of the draft will likely just get picked up again by someone else.

I saw this story but didn't dive too deep on it. From my limited understanding the bulk of the bad behavior referred to in the story, while absolutely horrific...  happened when this guy was like 13 years old. Should something you do when you are 13 ruin your whole life? I don't know. I mean, this guy is probably still a piece of shit, but at the same time, you have to have some hope that people can change.

Currently only 6.8% of active NHL players were picked in the 4th round... so his odds of making it to the big show were probably always pretty slim. 4th rounders typically do not turn into impactful players... (rarely they can, but it is not common... at all)

There's a lot of shitty hockey players. Extremely wealthy, type-A, ultra-competitive parents = shitty kids. The higher up you go in the food chain the more likely you are to end up with these kind of people.

We've had to deal with racism too. Mostly toward asian kids on our teams. Some truly awful stuff. Bleh.

3 hours ago, Ghost_MH said:

He was taken 111th? Yeah, he's done. I'd assume anyone taken in the top half of the draft will likely just get picked up again by someone else.

Thats 4th round. Its actually not that low. Many 3rd or 4th rounders become stars in many sports. Hell,  Tom Brady was drafted in the 6th round. 

fuck this guy though. 

It's very rare for players picked past the 2nd or 3rd round to become impactful NHL players. There are a few outliers, sure, but it is not common.

Most 4th rounders who make it to the NHL end up as 4th line grinders or interchangeable depth players.

The vast majority of NHL players were picked in the first 2 rounds. (41% of NHLers were 1st round picks, 17% second rounders)

I think some sports are just easier to project a young players future ability. Hockey and basketball... and some sports are harder... like football and baseball.

6 minutes ago, vaxick said:
QWYAHXT33VHHBENVZXON4JKBUY.jpg
WWW.CHICAGOTRIBUNE.COM

Lake County authorities on Friday afternoon handed off Rittenhouse to police in Wisconsin, where he faces charges stemming from the fatal shooting of two men and the...

Real dilemma for Trump. 

Does he continue to support the racist murderer even though he wore a mask?:thinking:

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1
22 hours ago, ort said:

It's very rare for players picked past the 2nd or 3rd round to become impactful NHL players. There are a few outliers, sure, but it is not common.

Most 4th rounders who make it to the NHL end up as 4th line grinders or interchangeable depth players.

The vast majority of NHL players were picked in the first 2 rounds. (41% of NHLers were 1st round picks, 17% second rounders)

I think some sports are just easier to project a young players future ability. Hockey and basketball... and some sports are harder... like football and baseball.

Agreed, Brady was an outlier too. But it does happen. 
I doubt this kid would have ever been great, but it foes happen often enough.

4 hours ago, Ghost_MH said:

Just another normal day.

Philly is a fucking mess right now.

I saw too many pro-cop friends sharing that “touching image”.

I mean, I live in Philly and I'm going into the city tonight for Halloween (practicing full safety protocols of course). And it's been fine - it's all exagerrated. Yes, it's bad in that there is rioting and stuff, but it's more a mess politically and in the media than in actuality. Will report how it looks tonight though when I'm more properly in downtown.

It is frustrating that between Pittsburgh and Philadelphia we have Alabama. And Pennsylvania is a beautiful state. I went to Bucknell University in the middle of nowhere PA (Lewisburg, PA) and the campus and area are lovely.

BUT THE PEOPLE JESUS H. CHRIST. As in the locals, the townies. Stick to Pittsburgh and Philly y'all and then go to the parks and camp in between. To be fair there are the liberal, kind Pensultucky people, like the kind farm people out in the Midwest I've met (it's almost astonishing how nice they can be) but then there's the other half . . . 

• Upvote 2
1 hour ago, Greatoneshere said:

I mean, I live in Philly and I'm going into the city tonight for Halloween. 

A little orange bird told me bad things happen in Philadelphia

• Haha 1
19 hours ago, Greatoneshere said:

I mean, I live in Philly and I'm going into the city tonight for Halloween (practicing full safety protocols of course). And it's been fine - it's all exagerrated. Yes, it's bad in that there is rioting and stuff, but it's more a mess politically and in the media than in actuality. Will report how it looks tonight though when I'm more properly in downtown.

It is frustrating that between Pittsburgh and Philadelphia we have Alabama. And Pennsylvania is a beautiful state. I went to Bucknell University in the middle of nowhere PA (Lewisburg, PA) and the campus and area are lovely.

BUT THE PEOPLE JESUS H. CHRIST. As in the locals, the townies. Stick to Pittsburgh and Philly y'all and then go to the parks and camp in between. To be fair there are the liberal, kind Pensultucky people, like the kind farm people out in the Midwest I've met (it's almost astonishing how nice they can be) but then there's the other half . . . 

Was in Knox near Cook Forest the other weekend and I counted at least three Confederate flags amongst the dozens of Trump signs/banners. The Amish and Mennonites are cool though.

• Upvote 1
H6CXPUA7QII6XORB6LYAD4CVJM.jpg&w=1440
WWW.WASHINGTONPOST.COM

Judge rules that separate trials for the four officers would be an “undue burden” and that he believes a fair and safe trial can happen in the city in March.

• Confused 1
  • 2 weeks later...
1 minute ago, CitizenVectron said:

Oh great, now he can be a guest on Hannity and make tonnes of money.

I'm pretty sure they were able to get the $2 million bail because his mom was on Hannity or Cucker begging for money.

What are the official details of bail?

I remember hearing as a kid it was 10% needed to post, and then you were liable for the full amount if you don't show for your court case?

44 minutes ago, Jason said:

I'm pretty sure they were able to get the $2 million bail because his mom was on Hannity or Cucker begging for money.

All of the nightly opinion ghouls on Fox News have his victims blood on their hands too. Fuck this kid, fuck Fox News and fuck anyone who thinks it's acceptable to bring an assault rifle to a protest. This isn't the fucking Wild West, leave your fucking guns at home. He's a murderer. He knew what he was doing when he drove 100 miles or whatever with a deadly weapon of war. He was looking for war.

• Upvote 2
1 minute ago, CastlevaniaNut18 said:

I saw his mom on Tucker last Thursday when I visited my Mamaw. She used to watch CNN. While I was there I saw her with Fox and Newsmax on. :/

Fox getting too libcuck for her?