The Official Thread of Systemic Racism

23 minutes ago, Commissar SFLUFAN said:
1617985811128-screen-shot-2021-04-09-at-
WWW.VICE.COM

When Lt. Caron Nazario said he was afraid to get out of the vehicle, one officer responded, “Yeah, you should be."

The quote from the officer at the end is icing on the cake. Police officers think they are doing you a favor by not filing false charges against you.

2 hours ago, ManUtdRedDevils said:

The offer from DCR was $100 million, and DCR pressured the bank to turn down bids of $130 million and $110 million due to the purchasers business dealings with the Kushner family. I’m not surprised the bank doesn’t want to work with a firm that is offering less while having worked to block two higher bids 😂

BGI4DVD53QI6XDC6GLSHWQVVDM.jpg&w=1440
WWW.WASHINGTONPOST.COM

Democratic lawmakers override Hogan vetoes to create new officer discipline process, use-of-force policy.

In his veto letter Friday night, Hogan wrote that the three policing bills would “erode police morale, community relationships and public confidence.”

“This will result in great damage to police recruitment and retention, posing significant risks to public safety throughout our state,” the letter said.

Ohhh no the police will lose morale, and chuds won't want to be cops if they can't abuse people!

27 minutes ago, ManUtdRedDevils said:

Guy had a warrant out and tried to flee. Nobody is doing a service to the cause by leaving out what actually happened. Still don’t need police officers running around shooting people, but give a full accounting of the situation. 

3 minutes ago, b_m_b_m_b_m said:

Outside of erratic driving that puts other people at risk, traffic stops shouldn't be a thing

And what was the warrant even for? I'm assuming non-shithole countries don't shoot you for fleeing from arrest on a warrant for a small amount of drugs or passing a few fake bills or whatever.

In theory I have no problem with traffic stops.  My problem is that ticket revenue is used to fund local governments, or even worse, the police department itself.  Ticket revenue should never be used in this manner.  I favor having ticket revenue being given back to the residents in the form of yearly dividend payments. It may not be much on a personal level, maybe $50 or something, but it would give a positive incentive to drive safely, as even a single speeding ticket would likely wipe out that dividend you get. 

9 minutes ago, mclumber1 said:

In theory I have no problem with traffic stops.  My problem is that ticket revenue is used to fund local governments, or even worse, the police department itself.  Ticket revenue should never be used in this manner.  I favor having ticket revenue being given back to the residents in the form of yearly dividend payments. It may not be much on a personal level, maybe $50 or something, but it would give a positive incentive to drive safely, as even a single speeding ticket would likely wipe out that dividend you get. 

Or we could use the revenue to right size the roads so that speeding isn't a viable option. Fewer and narrower lanes, frequent stopping, and transportation alternatives to driving as some examples of what would be a better use of money. Give the people money once a year won't encourage them to drive slower or safer.