The Official Thread of Systemic Racism

11 hours ago, Jason said:

Its literally time for political violence. Its time for millions of Americans to get out and fight back, literally. People will die, but that’s the cost.America is literally become a fascist police state, and it will continue until we we tear it down. This is the first time in my life I really thought violence was what this country needs, but the government and police are out of control because they don’t fear the people.

2 hours ago, Anathema- said:

That's liable to get some of them killed eventually. At some point someone isn't going to recognize the authority of an unmarked yokle no matter how much iron he's toting. 

Yeah. I carry, I travel, and i’m a minority. If a person with no badge, in an unmarked car, ever put their hands on me I WILL give them new holes to breathe through. If you don’t have ID, you aren’t a cop, imo. 

• Like 1

It's kinda becoming clear that a lot of higher ups in the military are as tired of Trump's shit as anyone else. When he tried deployed the military in DC, there were all of those statements put out that were something along the lines of, "we need to remember while we're deployed that our first allegiance is always to the constitution," which seemed like a veiled way of saying "we absolutely do not want to be doing this shit"

15 hours ago, b_m_b_m_b_m said:

This is how you know it's a trump political stunt

Perhaps, but I see it as something darker. Donald is again pushing the limit, and Republicans are silent. If Donald is re-elected we’ll see more of these fascist, gestapo tactics to squash disent. Because his party won’t stop him, won’t hold him accountable, and he doesn’t have to worry about reelection unless they try to solve that “problem” too. 

1 hour ago, Spawn_of_Apathy said:

Perhaps, but I see it as something darker. Donald is again pushing the limit, and Republicans are silent. If Donald is re-elected we’ll see more of these fascist, gestapo tactics to squash disent. Because his party won’t stop him, won’t hold him accountable, and he doesn’t have to worry about reelection unless they try to solve that “problem” too. 

It’s funny because they’re the ones that harp out the “we need to Second Amendment to stop government overreach!”

Instead, they’re yelling “Yes! Harder daddy!”

Federal Officers in Portland didn't have proper training in. Riot Control

The federal agents facing a growing backlash for their militarized approach to weeks of unrest in Portland were not specifically trained in riot control or mass demonstrations, an internal Department of Homeland Security memo warned this week.

The message dated Thursday was prepared by the agency for Chad F. Wolf, the acting secretary of Homeland Security, as he arrived in Portland to view the scene in person, according to a copy of the memo obtained by The New York Times. It listed federal buildings in the city and issues officers faced in protecting them.

The memo, seemingly anticipating future encounters with protesters in other cities as the department follows President Trump’s guidance to crack down on unrest, warns: “Moving forward, if this type of response is going to be the norm, specialized training and standardized equipment should be deployed to responding agencies.”

The tactical agents deployed by Homeland Security include officials from a group known as BORTAC, the Border Patrol’s equivalent of a S.W.A.T. team, a highly trained group that normally is tasked with investigating drug smuggling organizations, as opposed to protesters in cities.

This is gonna end well.

7 minutes ago, Kal-El814 said:

Where are all the fucking gun owners who stockpiled arms to stop a tyrannical government? Cowards. 

The Karens and Chad's of today would have 100% sided with King George during the US revolution. They don't care about freedom, they only care about preserving the status quo.

Sounds like we're basically whatever the fuck Russia is.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/europe/russia-protests-far-east-putin/2020/07/18/8f16d922-c8e5-11ea-a825-8722004e4150_story.html

The governor, Sergei Furgal, is a member of a main opposition group, the nationalist Liberal Democratic Party of Russia. The 50-year-old Furgal was arrested July 9, hauled into the back of a black SUV by law enforcement officials in camouflage, flown more than 5,000 miles to Moscow and then charged with ordering the killings of business executives 15 years ago.