The Official Thread of Systemic Racism

Former Minnesota Police Officer Derek Chauvin And Wif Charged With Felony Tax Evasion (under-reported $464,433)

ap_20164521224738_sq-76025c684a8071caab7

"Revenue investigators initiated a review into the Chauvins in June 2020 for failure to timely file Minnesota individual income tax returns from 2016 to 2019 and fraudulently filing tax returns from 2014 to 2019," the office said in a statement.

"The complaints detail that the Chauvins, both employed and domiciled in Minnesota, failed to file income tax returns and pay state income taxes, underreported and underpaid taxes on income generated from various employments each year, and failed to pay proper sales tax on a vehicle purchased in Minnesota," it said.

• Thanks 2

Like, I'm glad they found this trail of bread crumbs and he's being charged for murder and nine felony counts of tax evasion, but it really gets me that he allegedly did something 23,221 times worse than George Floyd allegedly did, and during those eight excruciating minutes, he knew he did much worse.

6 minutes ago, CitizenVectron said:

Fuck, Canada's about to take such a huge amount of skilled immigrants that would have gone to the US. Silicon Valley is going to continue increasing operations in Canada.

I've been saying this for a while. Canada is getting a large boost in tech workers and big companies. I think the only thing that is lagging but starting to pick up is the startup investment side of things.

31 minutes ago, chakoo said:

I've been saying this for a while. Canada is getting a large boost in tech workers and big companies. I think the only thing that is lagging but starting to pick up is the startup investment side of things.

This move will likely be permanent. As long as the US is one election away from undoing any good its done for foreign talent there's no point in building things up here when there are other nations with a more stable government.

19 minutes ago, Ghost_MH said:

This move will likely be permanent. As long as the US is one election away from undoing any good its done for foreign talent there's no point in building things up here when there are other nations with a more stable government.

It 100% is with maybe a move towards more remote work over all. As is Canada has a large talent pool and salary/rates are so much less here then SV, LA, NY or Denver. Mtl has a large gaming and AI hub and Toronto is practically SV north already for everything else. I know of quite a few studios who are either setting up outpost in Toronto or already looking to vastly expand their existing ones. 

On 7/21/2020 at 8:06 AM, Anathema- said:

He'll bungle the vaccine rollout too. It won't help. The only thing that will get him over the top is suppression and chicanery. 

Republicans are doing everything they can...

https://www.dailywire.com/news/congressman-introduces-bill-that-would-have-democratic-party-change-name-or-be-barred-from-participation-in-the-house-due-to-past-support-of-slavery-confederacy?utm_source=facebook&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=benshapiro&fbclid=IwAR1hKuL_NfU166Hofp4-rhZdQnFASqLkp9W5R_fDenmvkC4VnYc5vq7GJTY

Resolved that the speaker of the House of Representatives shall remove any item that named symbolizes or mentions any political organization or party that has ever held a public position that supported slavery or the Confederacy from any area within the House wing of the Capitol or any House office building and shall donate such item or symbol to the Library of Congress, and two, that any political organization or party that has ever held a public position that supported slavery of the Confederacy shall either change its name or be barred from participation in the House of Representatives,” Gohmert concluded. “With that, I would yield back.”

I guess that means he wants all the states who seceded to change their names, too!

43 minutes ago, Ricofoley said:

"You are living in a war zone," says man speaking in very nice looking public park at a large public gathering being held without incident.

I know a guy who was directly involved in the 1960s civil rights movement and IIRC he grew up on Long Island in the Levittown...and his experience with a cross being burned on his front yard because of his parents' politics. IIRC it was rigged to start exploding nails toward the house.

Nothing good happens on Long Island.

Long Island is actually the worst ghetto in the nation. And by that I mean, it’s a ghetto of Long Islanders, among the worst people our nation has to offer. Just a sliver of a step above people from Florida. On par with Metro Detroit as far as white dipshitery.

1 minute ago, Uaarkson said:

Long Island is actually the worst ghetto in the nation. And by that I mean, it’s a ghetto of Long Islanders, among the worst people our nation has to offer. Just a sliver of a step above people from Florida.

Where do you think the people in Florida came from?

• Thanks 1