Game of Thrones - Season 8 - Starting April 14th

TwinIon

10 minutes ago, Emblazon said:

New questions:

What would be the best possible outcome you would like to see for the ending next week?

What outcome would absolutely ruin the ending for you?

@SFLUFAN already perfectly predicted the Battle of Winterfell, so whatever he posts is what's actually going to happen. 

36 minutes ago, Spork3245 said:

Young Griff swoops in and takes the throne in the name of House Blackfyre

21 minutes ago, Emblazon said:

New questions:

What would be the best possible outcome you would like to see for the ending next week?

What outcome would absolutely ruin the ending for you?

@SFLUFAN already perfectly predicted the Battle of Winterfell, so whatever he posts is what's actually going to happen. 

Best outcome: No one ends up as ruler of the 7 kingdoms. Dany and Jon die or at least go away somehow and the lands become a patchwork of lesser kingdoms. Bran plays some sort of role with some mind blowing time causality stuff.

Better outcome: 1) Dorne shows up, kills everyone, and takes over! 2) Young Griff pops up out of nowhere and takes over as Blackfyre like it was mentioned above as a joke!

Worst outcome: Jon rules the 7 kingdoms

I've got more thoughts than this but I feel it's most worth highlighting how freeing slaves wasn't a moral imperative for Dany; they were her base of power. She clearly doesn't give a fuck about slavers with Jorah hanging around and Visraeys or-whatever saying that being banished for selling poachers into slavery was "foolishness."

It was always always always about power and the will to use it against your enemies, the only thing that's different now is that we disagree on who makes for an enemy. When she was roasting people who "deserved" it things were all good and now that she's done something plainly indefensible what we see are cries for the writers to have made her actions more defensible, to make us believe that they deserved it too. Well, no. It's not a betrayal of the character, it's a betrayal of the trust we had that she'd turn out good .. But subverting that trust has been at the heart of the show since the very beginning. 

It's like laughing at the Nazis getting slaughtered in INGLORIOUS BASTERDS. If you were disgusted by their amusement seeing allies get killed then maybe it's wrong to be amused by a different massacre regardless of the context. Maybe if you find yourself judging writing that was clearly designed to cross a line as "bad" because you really didn't want that line to get crossed then the problem isn't the writing.

All things considered these last two seasons should have been twenty episodes, not thirteen. The show is plainly straining at the seams and is at its worst when rapidly accelerating the plot.

That being said, so far I am in love with how all the character arcs are turning out. Richly complex (when taken as a whole) and a culmination of an entire show's worth of journies. Great great stuff. Plenty of time for things to change but for now I'll fight anyone.

Pretty sure it ends with Jon standing alone against Dany, and right as he is about to be killed a bunch of portals open up, and out of them steps Ned Stark, Robert Baratheon, Stannis, and all of the other dead good guys. Then Jon looks at the camera, puts on sunglasses and says "Winter has come, bitches."

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, CitizenVectron said:

Pretty sure it ends with Jon standing alone against Dany, and right as he is about to be killed a bunch of portals open up, and out of them steps Ned Stark, Robert Baratheon, Stannis, and all of the other dead good guys. Then Jon looks at the camera, puts on sunglasses and says "Winter has come, bitches."

I wish 

2 minutes ago, Spork3245 said:

Camera cuts to Bran is his wheelchair... slowly, he stands up, takes off his winter clothes revealing a classy suit, he walks towards the camera putting on some sunglasses. Fade to black.

if he doesnt wink to the camera then it was all for nothing

Thought last night's episode was a technical marvel, in terms of the framing, cinematography, scoring, and editing.  And glad to see that I wasn't the only one who appreciated the apparently explosively tactile force of the dragonfire...apparently Drogon's fire includes some globs of C4 or some such to cause such explosive reactions on contact.  ;p

In terms of narrative and character arc(s), I'm definitely a bit dissatisfied at how the constraints imposed by the limited number of episodes in the final season(s) have forced the writers' hands.  I can understand how and why the stories of Jamie, Cersei, Dany, and others ended as they did, but it doesn't help the feelings of (figurative) whiplash at seeing multiple characters make an apparent complete about-face in terms of priorities and choices, from one (or two) episodes to the next.  

I can't really make a strong argument that my own feelings are supported by the show's evidence - I'd have to watch the series again, as too many memories are obscured by variances between the books and the show.  So with that said, I do have the feeling that a number of turns we've seen over the last couple weeks have come across as extraordinarily contrived and ham-fisted, in service of wrapping up the stories before the finale, and that some of the arcs are less complex than simply muddled.  And given that, it only throws some of the more "Hollywood-esque" type choices into sharper relief.

• Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, GoldenTongue said:

I'm definitely a bit dissatisfied at how the constraints imposed by the limited number of episodes in the final season(s) have forced the writers' hands. 

And just for the record, those constraints were self-imposed by the writers themselves, not by HBO who wanted the show to end at a full 10 seasons.

25 minutes ago, SFLUFAN said:

And just for the record, those constraints were self-imposed by the writers themselves, not by HBO who wanted the show to end at a full 10 seasons.

The active apathy d&d have toward their own creation is infuriating and makes it difficult to enjoy the show without a caveat.

Christ even just ONE additional episode would have made a huge difference.

38 minutes ago, Anathema- said:

The active apathy d&d have toward their own creation is infuriating and makes it difficult to enjoy the show without a caveat.

I don’t think it is possible to look less interested than they do in the after the show videos.

54 minutes ago, Anathema- said:

Christ even just ONE additional episode would have made a huge difference.

15 minutes ago, sblfilms said:

I don’t think it is possible to look less interested than they do in the after the show videos.

They checked out of the show probably two seasons ago and have been dreaming of that Star Wars money from Disney for the last year.

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, johnny said:

I want whatever outcome pisses half of y’all off the most  

I have already seen the spoilers and if they are correct like the previous spoilers then the outcome I would hate the most will

Spoiler

not happen