Game of Thrones - Season 8 - Starting April 14th

TwinIon

Just now, skillzdadirecta said:

Then I would need to see that sir. I wanted someone to take her goddamned head. Or for her to be killed by Tyrion or Jamie... but since that prophecy never made it into the show, we'll have to wait for the books :jordan:

Except she was (indirectly) killed by her brothers. Tyrion’s plan carried out by Jamie brought her down there. 

Rubble, fucking rubble is what kills Cersei and Jamie?!?!??!??!

I used to think the book readers were being stuck up snobs when they called Beinoff and Weiss Dumb and Dumber but over the last 2 seasons it is quite clear the complaints were more than justified. 

4 minutes ago, johnny said:

Except she was (indirectly) killed by her brothers. Tyrion’s plan carried out by Jamie brought her down there. 

She was indirectly killed by Danerys which actually fulfills the prophecy that WAS featured on the show. She always thought that Margery was the younger queen that would be her undoing. It was actually always Dany.

3 minutes ago, TheGreatGamble said:

Betrayal. Maybe he'll let jon close and get valerian steel through the skull. 

Maybe... that I don't know if you can kill these dragons like that on this show. Maybe through the eye...:thinking:

18 minutes ago, TheGreatGamble said:

You must not watch much tv. 

Young Sheldon doesn't turn years worth of investment into disappointment. The show had been going downhill for a while, but this last episode was orders of magnitude worse than any of the previous stuff.  

I do have two positive things to say about the episode though. The first is that I liked that the battle was a complete and total rout, and the second was that Clegainebowl happened.

1 hour ago, LazyPiranha said:

He said something to the extent of "with a good wind you could reach Pentos."  Doesn't exactly imply picking up a different ship.

Why would a rowboat need wind?  

EDIT: Rewatched that scene... Tyrion said they would "Sail out of the bay and reach Pentos..." or something to that extent. Clearly he meant they would use the rowboat to get to a larger, sail boat..

So folks are upset about what exactly? Dany going crazy and sacking the city? Folks on this board have been predicting she would go mad for years now and the show definitely set up that she was losing patience. She arrived in Westeros at the beginning of season Seven with three dragons and all her closest advisors and some powerful allies. By listening to to Tyrion and showing restraint, she lost half her forces, two of her dragons and most of her closest friends. I didn't think they would have her go full on Mad Queen but they definitely were laying the ground work for it since the beginning of the show.

Jamie and Cersei? I got nothing... Cersei deserved worse in my opinion. I guess there's some poetry to her dying under the rubble of the Red Keep but fuck poetry.

1 minute ago, skillzdadirecta said:

So folks are upset about what exactly? Dany going crazy and sacking the city? Folks on this board have been predicting she would go mad for years now and the show definitely set up that she was losing patience. She arrived in Westeros at the beginning of season Seven with three dragons and all her closest advisors and some powerful allies. By listening to to Tyrion and showing restraint, she lost half her forces, two of her dragons and most of her closest friends. I didn't think they would have her go full on Mad Queen but they definitely were laying the ground work for it since the beginning of the show.

Jamie and Cersei? I got nothing... Cersei deserved worse in my opinion. I guess there's some poetry to her dying under the rubble of the Red Keep but fuck poetry.

I’m upset Lord Glover isn’t going to die

:sadsun:

They ruined one of the best character arcs of the show with regard to Jaime. If he would have died up north, it would have been so much more satisfying than witnessing him going right back to sis. 

So now the dragon killing tech just doesn’t work. It would have been much better had one of her dragons died up north and the weapons never had been effective. To change it up so drastically from one ep to the next is just lazy. 

All the smartest people are now dumb. 

I didn’t hate it. It was cool to watch, but I’m disappointed. It’s clear they don’t know what to do and they are suffering dearly from the shorter seasons. They’re tired. 

48 minutes ago, Massdriver said:

They ruined one of the best character arcs of the show with regard to Jaime. If he would have died up north, it would have been so much more satisfying than witnessing him going right back to sis. 

So now the dragon killing tech just doesn’t work. It would have been much better had one of her dragons died up north and the weapons never had been effective. To change it up so drastically from one ep to the next is just lazy. 

All the smartest people are now dumb. 

I didn’t hate it. It was cool to watch, but I’m disappointed. It’s clear they don’t know what to do and they are suffering dearly from the shorter seasons. They’re tired. 

You can't kill what you can't hit. They killed Rhaegal because they ambushed him. This time, Drogon dove out of the sky with the sun to his back and then stayed low enough that they couldn't hit him. Scorpions have ALWAYS existed in Westeros to deal with Dragons in the past and sometimes they worked and sometimes they didn't. They were far from a fool proof 100% effective dragon stopper.

3 minutes ago, skillzdadirecta said:

You can't kill what you can't hit. They kill Rhaegal because they ambushed him. Drogon dove out of the sky with the sun to his back and then stayed low enough that they couldn't hit him. Scorpions have ALWAYS exited in Westeros to deal with Dragons in the past and sometimes they worked and sometimes they didn't. They were far from a fool proof 100% effective dragon stopper.

I don’t buy it. Just a few of them were enough to take a dragon down the previous episode and Dany had to break off. They had them all over the city. It was poorly executed. 

27 minutes ago, skillzdadirecta said:

Oh yeah that fucker... Maybe Sansa will get him next episode :p

I kinda want to see Dany fuck up Sansa for telling Tyrion Jon's secret, but it won't happen.  Especially she's officially pissed now that Jon won't give her the D.

5 minutes ago, 2user1cup said:

I thought Cersi had a secret plan, I was like she's gonna fire water that dragon. Nope. Nothing, no plan.

The scorpions around the walls of the city were her plan. Also it's been said several times on the show by several characters that Cersei is nowhere near as clever as she thinks she is. Also everyone LOVES Tormund right? Remember when he and the Wildlings massacred a whole village? I 'member!

13 minutes ago, skillzdadirecta said:

The scorpions around the walls of the city were her plan. Also it's been said several times on the show by several characters that Cersei is nowhere near as clever as she thinks she is. Also everyone LOVES Tormund right? Remember when he and the Wildlings massacred a whole village? I 'member!

Yeah I know, I accept what happened, I was just waiting for a twist 

@skillzdadirecta has the thread handled from my perspective. I’m kind of enjoying the meltdowns of others because they feel like they wasted years coming up with elaborate theories about people and their ultimate motivations it for them to be wrong :p

26 minutes ago, skillzdadirecta said:

Also, Tormund had sex with a bear, yet, Jon had Ghost go with him. Yep.

• Haha 2

32 minutes ago, Massdriver said:

I don’t buy it. Just a few of them were enough to take a dragon down the previous episode and Dany had to break off. They had them all over the city. It was poorly executed. 

What is there not to buy? In one instance a LESSER dragon was ambushed. Didn’t even see the bolts coming. Then literally minutes later you see the superior remaining dragon literally dodge an entire wave of bolts. So where exactly is the inconsistency that the same dragon was adept at dodging the bolts one episode later?

Also was anyone else on the edge of their seat when Jamie met Cersai? I kept waiting for him to smirk and Arya to pull his face off and stab her. In hindsight I realize there’s no way they would have given Jamie an off screen death but i was all in on that being Arya in the moment lol. 

I loved Jamie and Cersais end to their arcs. They talked about how strong their love was all show long. This just reinforced it. And as awful as Cersai was, she did have several moments throughout the show where you sympathized for her. I found it fitting that they sort of were able to end on one. It’s adds a lot to her character and gives thought to her motivations throughout the show.  And yeah it’s not the death I think we were all hoping for. But to die with Jamie, buried by the Red Keep, it’s so poetic that I instantly got over her not getting a savage death. We’ve had plenty of those over the years anyway. 

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Massdriver said:

Nah it was a fitting end tbh.  He lost the plot when he raped Cersei (fuck Cersei, but rape is rape) and definitely reached a new low when he sacked The Riverlands and killed Olenna Tyrell.  Incest, he pushed an innocent boy out of a window and crippled him, conspired against Winterfell and bares some responsible for the death of Ned Stark, murdered a person for no reason, committed rape, killed people in the Riverlands including the true bad bitch queen of the whole series, and probably a few other things I'm forgetting.  He had his moments, but he was not a good person lol.  Going back to Cersei was fitting enough, and the real character assassination moment imo was the scene in tonights episode of him admitting to not caring about anyone - not even the innocent lives he saved by slaying the king.  It's an attempt to contextualize him as someone who only ever did any honorable things because of his loyalty to Cersei and makes absolutely no sense and is contradicted several times throughout the show, even in this very season. 

18 minutes ago, fuckle85 said:

the real character assassination moment imo was the scene in tonights episode of him admitting to not caring about anyone - not even the innocent lives he saved by slaying the king.  It's an attempt to contextualize him as someone who only ever did any honorable things because of his loyalty to Cersei and makes absolutely no sense and is contradicted several times throughout the show, even in this very season. 

He didn't kill the mad king to "save innocents"... he killed the Mad King to save his father because the mad king had JUST told him to bring him his father's head. Jaimie has CONSISTENTLY stated he didn't give a fuck about innocent people. His only concerns were his family really and Cersei was number one in that.