The Kavanaugh Confirmation Charade Thread

2 minutes ago, Link200 said:

I really have no idea why the GOP just hasn't dumped the guy and gotten someone more likely to be confirmed. Kavanaugh has always polled poorly just like other failed nominees and it has only gotten worse. There are definitely better options for the GOP at this point. Guess this makes it easier for the democrats to take over.

Because Trump sees the Kav as part of his exit strategy. 

1 hour ago, skillzdadirecta said:

He actually said that himself at the Press Conference :lol: He said "He would be a mess"

1 hour ago, Amazatron said:

I'm gonna go out on a limb and say drunk Trump would be incredibly articulate and speak with a slightly British accent because why the fuck not.

0_ADD982_D-_B2_F1-4_A71-_BBEE-6_A94_A4_E

6 minutes ago, Link200 said:

I really have no idea why the GOP just hasn't dumped the guy and gotten someone more likely to be confirmed. Kavanaugh has always polled poorly just like other failed nominees and it has only gotten worse. There are definitely better options for the GOP at this point. Guess this makes it easier for the democrats to take over.

Because they know he will do everything the GOP has a boner for. Protect GOP interests, like voter laws and redistricting, kill roe v wade, and protect any GOP president. He is a nominee who they know exactly the way he will rule. 

Semi-related, I just got a call from the FBI field office in Houston to be interviewed for the background check on my friend’s mom who is in line for a new position in the Trump administration.

Kinda intense to get a voicemail from an FBI agent :lol:

24 minutes ago, sblfilms said:

Semi-related, I just got a call from the FBI field office in Houston to be interviewed for the background check on my friend’s mom who is in line for a new position in the Trump administration.

Kinda intense to get a voicemail from an FBI agent :lol:

Did it sound like a Speak & Spell telling you that your name has been given to court and if you do not pay the processing fee a warrant will be issued for your arrest once again this is the court telling you that if you do not pay the processi 

I, too, have received messages from the FBI regarding friends' background checks. 

It was a real dude, in my case. They knew my middle name too and asked me to confirm it. They wanted to meet for the interview in my apartment. I declined and had them meet me at a coffee shop in town. I wore a garish hawaiian shirt. I felt like Joe Don Baker in GoldenEye.

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, CayceG said:

I, too, have received messages from the FBI regarding friends' background checks. 

It was a real dude, in my case. They knew my middle name too and asked me to confirm it. They wanted to meet for the interview in my apartment. I declined and had them meet me at a coffee shop in town. I wore a garish hawaiian shirt. I felt like Joe Don Baker in GoldenEye.

Bet you looked more like Wayne Knight in Jurassic Park :p

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

I've mentioned it before, but I go through this FBI stuff every 5 years or so.

What's funny, is that my friend in question is a heavy drinker.

I've also been instructed by my friend to just answer everything 100% honestly and spin nothing so of course I do... and man... as soon as you mention heavy drinking... whooo doggie, that's all you're talking about for the next hour.

Text messages released by former classmate reveals Kavanaugh lied under oath about when he was aware of these accusations against him, and that he was trying to work against them behind the scenes. The classmate is revealing this publicly because the FBI is not accepting them.

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/supreme-court/mutual-friend-ramirez-kavanaugh-anxious-come-forward-evidence-n915566

20 minutes ago, CitizenVectron said:

Text messages released by former classmate reveals Kavanaugh lied under oath about when he was aware of these accusations against him, and that he was trying to work against them behind the scenes. The classmate is revealing this publicly because the FBI is not accepting them.

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/supreme-court/mutual-friend-ramirez-kavanaugh-anxious-come-forward-evidence-n915566

“Suggests”, sir.

6 hours ago, Link200 said:

They already spent hundreds of thousands of dollars to buy this one and if they cut him loose it'll just be wasted money.

6 hours ago, Link200 said:

They already spent hundreds of thousands of dollars to buy this one and if they cut him loose it'll just be wasted money.

1 hour ago, CitizenVectron said:

The lying under oath thing is starting to gain steam... Flake said last night on 60 Minutes that if it's determined that Kavanugh lied under oath (about anything pretty much) that that alone would be disqualifying in his book. This may be a case, like Watergate, where the coverup is worse than the crime.

15 minutes ago, skillzdadirecta said:

The lying under oath thing is starting to gain steam... Flake said last night on 60 Minutes that if it's determined that Kavanugh lied under oath (about anything pretty much) that that alone would be disqualifying in his book.

Well since these aren't part of the investigation he will discount this evidence unless a woman is yelling the article to him in an elevator.

31 minutes ago, skillzdadirecta said:

The lying under oath thing is starting to gain steam... Flake said last night on 60 Minutes that if it's determined that Kavanugh lied under oath (about anything pretty much) that that alone would be disqualifying in his book. This may be a case, like Watergate, where the coverup is worse than the crime.

In before lied under oath meant about sexual assault and not everything else.

6 hours ago, skillzdadirecta said:

Of course you can be, but why would a man in his fifties be concerned about videogame journalism or whatever the fuck gamergaters were bitching about? Just seems like a generational mismatch in douchbaggery :p

Because "gamergate" is just a cover for misogyny and male dominionism.

8 hours ago, skillzdadirecta said:

Of course you can be, but why would a man in his fifties be concerned about videogame journalism or whatever the fuck gamergaters were bitching about? Just seems like a generational mismatch in douchbaggery :p

Douchebaggitry is ageless. :talkhand: