The Kavanaugh Confirmation Charade Thread

1 minute ago, skillzdadirecta said:

Because Flake, Murkowski and maybe Collins forced his and McConnell's hands. Based on what I've been hearing, they basically told McConnell that if he proceeded with a floor vote without and investigation, they would either withhold their votes or vote no. McConnell and Graham basically told Trump he had no choice. Plus I think Trump is starting to tire of Kavanaugh and is making the calculation that this guy is turning out to be more trouble than he's worth when Trump could easily just pick another judge on his list. I don't think any of these folks were expecting this to be such a debacle.

Turtle did tell Trump Kavanaugh was the only one he was worried about getting through.

Which, by the way, seems like a hugely compelling piece of evidence against Kavanaugh to me. Given what we know about Kavanaugh know, hwy would Turtle have expressed concern about getting Kavanaugh specifically confirmed if he didn't know that Kavanaugh's done something really bad?

7 minutes ago, Jason said:

Turtle did tell Trump Kavanaugh was the only one he was worried about getting through.

Which, by the way, seems like a hugely compelling piece of evidence against Kavanaugh to me. Given what we know about Kavanaugh know, hwy would Turtle have expressed concern about getting Kavanaugh specifically confirmed if he didn't know that Kavanaugh's done something really bad?

Did he really? When was this reported? and if that's true why in GOD'S NAME WOULD TRUMP PICK THIS GUY???? I don't remember Gorsuch having such a hard time getting confirmed. Trump is already souring on the guy and is signaling that he's not above pulling the nomination. We all know Trump has NO problem throwing folks under the bus.

5 minutes ago, skillzdadirecta said:

Do I personally think he raped anyone? I don't know. Do I think he was a frat boy douche that did douchy things and may have done some of the things that are being alleged? Absolutely. Is anyone accusing him of actual rape?

Oh, I thought people were. It just really feels like people are so sure he is guilty, or want him to be guilty. IDK.

2 minutes ago, CastlevaniaNut18 said:

You should probably pay attention to the story before saying dumb shit like this.

Can you fuck off? Have I done something extraordinarily awful to you that I am oblivious to? 

Just now, Bacon said:

Oh, I thought people were. It just really feels like people are so sure he is guilty, or want him to be guilty. IDK.

Can you fuck off? Have I done something extraordinarily awful to you that I am oblivious to? 

You said something stupid. You clearly haven't been following the story. I called you out on that. Don't take it so personal. 

1 minute ago, Bacon said:

We can err on the side of caution and not put him on the Supreme Court for a lifetime appointment, no?  This is a fucking job interview, not a criminal trial.

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, SFLUFAN said:

See what @sblfilms stated earlier when the notion of perjury came up.

Saying you've "never been blackout drunk, and have only fallen asleep" when other witnesses can say that they HAVE seen you blackout drunk is a provable lie and not "a matter of perspective". That's different than him saying what he thought "boofing", "Devils triangle" and "Renata Alumnus" meant. Be REAL bad if some old arrest records were to pop up or sealed juvie documents.

4 minutes ago, Bacon said:

I don't want him to be guilty... he's just not coming across as innocent as he claims to be. Especially when he's playing blatant word games.

5 minutes ago, mclumber1 said:

We can err on the side of caution and not put him on the Supreme Court for a lifetime appointment, no?  This is a fucking job interview, not a criminal trial.

The way he's handled himself in response to everything also makes it pretty clear that he's a terrible choice for a lifetime appointment to the highest court in the nation.

7 minutes ago, skillzdadirecta said:

Saying you've "never been blackout drunk, and have only fallen asleep" when other witnesses can say that they HAVE seen you blackout drunk is a provable lie and not "a matter of perspective".

How does one prove another person had a memory lapse due to excessive drinking when the person who was supposedly the subject of the blackout says it didn't happen. Memory lapses are self-reported.

8 minutes ago, Anathema- said:

This is a far more interesting and substantive thing and the thread is very small (one witness). If "Squi" testifies that Kavanaugh certainly knew Ford then that's a significant lie made under oath.

This is why an impartial FBI investigation, even if it's short, is a nightmare for the GOP.

Any number of these small details could be damning, and it's looking like the GOP is not going to be in a position to shield Brett from it anymore.

2 minutes ago, Bacon said:

I do wonder if it is really just my ignorance that makes her despise me or something more. 

I don't despise you, you're making it way too personal. 

But ignorance does annoy me. I deal with so much of it from family, friends, coworkers, etc. I expect people to educate themselves a little before commenting like they know it all.

Just now, CastlevaniaNut18 said:

I don't despise you, you're making it way too personal. 

But ignorance does annoy me. I deal with so much of it from family, friends, coworkers, etc. I expect people to educate themselves a little before commenting like they know it all.

I dunno, are you SURE there's nothing to be said for the Scape approach?