The Kavanaugh Confirmation Charade Thread

John Roberts must be so happy.

As Chief Justice he supposedly values the legitimacy of the court very highly.

He's soon to have two sex offenders and a stolen seat judge making up the bulk of his 5-4 conservative opinions, making rulings that generally about 60-70% of the country disagrees with. Oh, and these judges were appointed mostly by presidents who lost the popular vote, and confirmed by a Senate where people representing a minority of the population have a majority of the votes.

Seems like confirming Kavanaugh now might be the worst of both worlds for the GOP electorally.

They take the base's feet off the fire as far as motivation goes, and they face a full month where additional damaging evidence might come out about the guy they already confirmed.

And when they start blaming the FBI for not turning up the evidence we start getting unnamed sources inside the FBI detailing every little trick the White House played to kneecap the supplemental investigation.

5 minutes ago, Chairslinger said:

He's soon to have two sex offenders and a stolen seat judge making up the bulk of his 5-4 conservative opinions, making rulings that generally about 60-70% of the country disagrees with. Oh, and these judges were appointed mostly by presidents who lost the popular vote, and confirmed by a Senate where people representing a minority of the population have a majority of the votes.

Two sex offenders?  Are you referring to Thomas?  AFAIK, he never assaulted Hill, he was just a dirty bird.  I'm not excusing Thomas here, but there is a difference between sexual harassment and sexual assault. 

1 minute ago, mclumber1 said:

Two sex offenders?  Are you referring to Thomas?  AFAIK, he never assaulted Hill, he was just a dirty bird.  I'm not excusing Thomas here, but there is a difference between sexual harassment and sexual assault. 

I'm not entirely sure that's a distinction worth making when we're talking about a lifetime appointment to the highest court in the land.

8 hours ago, Chairslinger said:

I think he's already quite worried about it's legitimacy, and has nothing to do with kav/Thomas. Just look at the ACA ruling. It appears he was ready to strike it down, but changed last minute to keep it using different logic

The mental image I have of dozens of Senators elbowing each other, craning their necks, and other physical contortions to read the report is priceless!

"I wasn't done reading that page, Dianne."

"Oh for Christ's sake, Chuck, read faster."

"The type is too small for me to read, can someone read it out loud for me?"

"Maybe it's time for a new prescription, Bernard."

"Screw you, Cory, you pharma boy."

• Haha 5

9 minutes ago, SFLUFAN said:

The mental image I have of dozens of Senators elbowing each other, craning their necks, and other physical contortions to read the report is priceless!

"I wasn't done reading that page, Dianne."

"Oh for Christ's sake, Chuck, read faster."

"The type is too small for me to read, can someone read it out loud for me?"

"Maybe it's time for a new prescription, Bernard."

"Screw you, Cory, you pharma boy."

el to the mother fucking oh el

White House Finds No Support in FBI Report for Claims Against Kavanaugh

WASHINGTON—The White House has found no corroboration of the allegations of sexual misconduct against Supreme Court nominee Brett Kavanaugh after examining interview reports from the FBI’s latest probe into the judge’s background, according to people familiar with the matter.

This is my shocked face.