The Kavanaugh Confirmation Charade Thread

1 hour ago, Spork3245 said:

Gee, it’s almost like the sham investigation was just a bs way to drag this out another week and give time to change and secure potential “no” votes into “yes” votes.

This was always about providing Collins cover for a yes vote. It’s no surprise that Collins is saying how thorough the investigation was now that it’s been released to the senators.

I feel more confident today than ever that Murkowski is the only defector and Pence casts the tie-breaking vote.

4 minutes ago, sblfilms said:

This was always about providing Collins cover for a yes vote. It’s no surprise that Collins is saying how thorough the investigation was now that it’s been released to the senators.

I feel more confident today than ever that Murkowski is the only defector and Pence casts the tie-breaking vote.

On 10/1/2018 at 5:31 PM, Spork3245 said:

Plot-twist: Pence votes no then states he’ll be primarying Trump in 2020

Reveal hidden contents

I stand by this. :nottalking: 

:p 

59 minutes ago, SFLUFAN said:

I'm truly shocked that a pasty, upper class, white guy would have a weak stomach for real (aka spicy) food.

Spicy food is sadly awful for my gut too, even though I enjoy it :( 

Worse, it wasn't an issue when I was younger.

• Sad 2

8 minutes ago, Chairslinger said:

Heitkamp is a no.

Interesting that she would come out ahead of the key GOP votes on this. I have a strong suspicion all three are going yes so either Heitkamp thinks a futile no vote will help her with a Dem base in her tough race, or *gasp* she just plain decided to do the right thing. 

I think we all know the answer :p

I've been checking some of the Never Trumpers since some of them hate Trump but like shit like tax cuts and SCOTUS picks. Bill Kristol's one of the ones who opposes most of what Trump's doing or still doesn't care because he doesn't find him fit for office. He's not too keen on Kavanaugh, it seems, even though he did like Gorsuch.

Background investigations and criminal investigations aren’t the same thing. The FBI was always hamstrung by this just being a background investigation. But Flake and Collins got the cover they needed.

14 minutes ago, SaysWho? said:

As if Flake needed cover. :p 

For his future Presidential campaign, he sure did need to pad the resumè for the dopey media that aid him in being looked at as this new pillar of decency in politics.

6 minutes ago, Boyle5150 said:

What is the line for becoming upperclass?

Depends on family size. I don't remember the exact figures, but last time I looked at them I was surprised I qualified and then realized how amazingly shitty most people's life in this country must be :p