Andre Braugher -- star of Homicide: Life on the Street -- now eternally patrols Baltimore at age 61

DEADLINE.COM

Andre Braugher Dies: Star Of 'Homicide,' 'Brooklyn Nine-Nine' & Other Series And Films Was 61

Andre Braugher has died. The two-time Emmy-winning star of series including Homicide: Life on the Street, Men of a Certain Age and Brooklyn Nine-Nine was 61. Braugher, whose first film role came alongside Matthew Broderick and Denzel Washington in the Ed Zwick-directed Glory, died on Monday after a brief illness.

• Sad 8
  • Shocked 1

• Commissar SFLUFAN changed the title to Andre Braugher -- star of Homicide: Life on the Street -- now eternally patrols Baltimore at age 61
2 hours ago, Commissar SFLUFAN said:

So, this year we lost both Lance Reddick, a bald black actor for a cop show set in Baltimore and Andre Braugher, a bald black actor for a cop show set in Baltimore.

Not to be that guy, but I can't help but notice we've lost A LOT of tremendous actors in the last couple few years who happen to be of a darker persuasion. I'm not saying conspiracy, just saying we are missing A LOT of tremendous actors who happen to have a darker complexion as of late.

Oh man it was just his birthday on the 11th no less.

I have to say, his role in City of Angels alongside Nick Cage, I mean he's always been a hell of a supporting actor but damn he really killed it in that film emotionally for me.

53 minutes ago, SoberChef said:

Not to be that guy, but I can't help but notice we've lost A LOT of tremendous actors in the last couple few years who happen to be of a darker persuasion. I'm not saying conspiracy, just saying we are missing A LOT of tremendous actors who happen to have a darker complexion as of late.

I'm not sure we're seeing a trend, do you have actual stats on that? The only reason I can think of any is doctors frequently admit there have been less studies on the genetically specific diseases black and brown people are predisposed to but that's always been the case, that's not a recent thing. Frequently with middle-aged black men specifically it's genetically heart related though, you can assume that Lance Reddick and Andre Braugher may have both had something related to the heart and/or cholesterol in some way is my guess.

39 minutes ago, Greatoneshere said:

I'm not sure we're seeing a trend, do you have actual stats on that? The only reason I can think of any is doctors frequently admit there have been less studies on the genetically specific diseases black and brown people are predisposed to but that's always been the case, that's not a recent thing. Frequently with middle-aged black men specifically it's genetically heart related though, you can assume that Lance Reddick and Andre Braugher may have both had something related to the heart and/or cholesterol in some way is my guess.

I don't think he's saying all of them have been young, just notable black actors. Like Sindey Poitier died last year.

• True 1

10 hours ago, Greatoneshere said:

Furthermore, both of them were approximately the same age when they passed away.

• True 2