Neo-Nazis march in Florida.

I guess I should clarify I never saw anything specific but I do know Kamusha has had threads and posts going off on him.  I think it had to do with intentionally misgendering her.

I do know me and him have gone at it in the past when I argued that the Palestinians are justified in their terrorism as long as Israel destroyed Palestinian homes and settled on top of them. I was pretty sure he blocked me after that.

9 minutes ago, skillzdadirecta said:

So no one actually saw him say anything transphobic but we're just saying that he is? Was there some sort of private interaction between the two of them that we don't know about? Because this is starting to seem real fucked up from where I'm sitting.

It sounded like Kamusha had old issues with him honestly. I never saw it but I’ve only been active again for a year 

4 minutes ago, skillzdadirecta said:

So no one actually saw him say anything transphobic but we're just saying that he is? Was there some sort of private interaction between the two of them that we don't know about? Because this is starting to seem real fucked up from where I'm sitting.

I never saw him say anything, just Kamusha calling him out and usually sbl ignoring them. If there were any PMs, which I doubt, they were never made public.

2 hours ago, Reputator said:

No, he definitely wasn't. @Keyser_Soze got that wrong. But I didn't care for his reframing his argument all the same. He did that a lot.

The users of this board have done a wonderful job of being inclusive to diversity of thought and inviting to debate. :beatup:

But the reality is, we got a bunch of grumpy old men here who espouse liberal beliefs, but use conservative tactics to shut down conversation to the point where it becomes an echo chamber.

2 minutes ago, mclumber1 said:

The users of this board have done a wonderful job of being inclusive to diversity of thought and inviting to debate. :beatup:

But the reality is, we got a bunch of grumpy old men here who espouse liberal beliefs, but use conservative tactics to shut down conversation to the point where it becomes an echo chamber.

If your beliefs are the minority of whatever community you're in, obviously you're going to have an uphill battle. If having to constantly defend those beliefs is too tiring for you, then yes, you're in the wrong community. If it seems volatile at times, well, that's because people feel passionate about their views.

17 minutes ago, mclumber1 said:

About anti lgbtqia+ views I’m glad to shut that shit down. Even engaging with said views legitimizes it which I refuse to do. 

Put simply, my open mindedness and liberalism doesn’t extend to people who seek to curtail that, I needn’t engage with them; they can get fucked.

4 hours ago, LazyPiranha said:

I think a lot of people want to come up with reasons and excuses for the Trump era, and a lot of them are trying really hard to downplay the fact that a LOT of people just flat out agree with him and think the way he thinks.  Air time and uncritical coverage only get you so far, if putting something in front of your face endlessly was all it took then this entire message board would be nothing but threads about Raid Shadow Legends.  

I still maintain that the far bigger problem is social media then time on cable.  Pre-social media if a weird Nazi offshoot in Florida made national news what was an aspiring chud in Nebraska to do?  Move?  Get an out of state phone book and start cold calling?  Put out feelers in the local community?  Your options were limited and dangerous at least in the reputation context.  Now though, you can immediately connect with the same group online and anyone else with the same idea countrywide.  

Traditional media just hasn’t caught up to the modern problem.  Honestly, I think directly quoting them is less of a problem than directly naming them and their organization.  

There's the entire crux of the matter that makes the argument of whether or not the Nazis were directly quoted largely a moot point.  The ADL profile of this organization that I linked to indicates that they've been able to grow without the benefit of wide-scale traditional media coverage.  Sure, they've been covered by the local media when they've shown up at an LGBTQ+ event, but they haven't been featured on any of the national media, at least that I'm aware of.  I simply don't think that an article in Rolling Stone is going to shift the needle to any significant degree more than would be the case for someone already inclined to that belief system simply browsing Facebook...or X...or Telegram...or Discord...or...

• Halal 3

38 minutes ago, mclumber1 said:

I mean, the grumpy old men part isn't that far off. I think sbl got a kick out of me posting positive stories and people shitting on them. :p 

I think @Keyser_Soze thought I was slacking once because a positive story was posted by someone other than me. And he does indeed get to judge if I'm slacking.

• True 1

I'm pretty sure he had me blocked for the past 6+ months over some issue or another. I think it was trans/queer issues or some argument, but I don't even remember. Could have been vaccination stuff, I know he was much more forgiving of people with different beliefs, compared to me. He was a contrarian to the point of trolling, but contributed a lot here. 

Relevance will vary. I am not expressing any opinion on any users.

These threads don't have any sbl posts but sbl is brought up

Pretty much everything I could find that seemed even slightly relevant. There could be more out there, but /shrug. I didn't notice any particular anti-trans stuff but I was skimming so yeah.

Spoiler

huh, just learned that kamusha was @sexy_shapiro

4 minutes ago, Bacon said:

Relevance will vary. I am not expressing any opinion on any users.

These threads don't have any sbl posts but sbl is brought up

Pretty much everything I could find that seemed even slightly relevant. There could be more out there, but /shrug. I didn't notice any particular anti-trans stuff but I was skimming so yeah.

Reveal hidden contents

You’re not getting a game out of this!

• Haha 1

16 hours ago, Commissar SFLUFAN said:

In any event, sblfilms has requested that I completely nuke his account so once he confirms to me that is in fact his wish and this thread looks like you're arguing with yourselves, you'll know the reason why.

His account has been somewhat nuked, but did he want all of his posts to stay? People can still argue with 'Guest'! 

I didn't really know of his politics, but he seemed like a good poster on the other boards. His foot picture is my phone's wallpaper.

• Haha 2