Neo-Nazis march in Florida.

2 minutes ago, CastlevaniaNut18 said:

I don't really see anything wrong with sbl's takes and he certainly wasn't defending Nazis. I hate to lose him over this. He's been a core contributor here for years.

I didn’t take it that way either, I think he’s wrong but this board fights over things always 

• True 2

5 minutes ago, CastlevaniaNut18 said:

I don't really see anything wrong with sbl's takes and he certainly wasn't defending Nazis. I hate to lose him over this. He's been a core contributor here for years.

I'm in agreement with that as well, but I'm just too old and too tired to bother convincing people to stay when they've decided to move on.

• Hugs 2

29 minutes ago, CastlevaniaNut18 said:

You know I used to value his alternate point of view but after a while it just came off as contrarianism.

• True 2

10 minutes ago, Reputator said:

You know I used to value his alternate point of view but after a while it just came off as contrarianism.

He would do that, and he was part of the reason I left back in 18, but we had no real issues after I returned, it just to lose a user over this 

13 minutes ago, Reputator said:

It turns out when you constantly do contrarian trolling that people eventually assume that's what you're doing even when you aren't. 

• Halal 1

He definitely liked to play "Devil's advocate" a lot, mostly when he was bored, but he toned that down a lot. Once you recognized that you knew when to engage with him and when not to. I hate to see him go but i also suspect there's other stuff going on and he probably decided this was one more headache he didn't want to deal with. We (this board) can be REAAAAAL annoying some times. I've felt it myself and I KNOW I've done it to others unintentionally. Sometimes you just have to push away from the keyboard and remember this shit ain't that deep. I wish him well.

• Like 1

I don't even have a problem with playing devils advocate, if that's even what he was ever doing. I never felt frustrated disagreeing with sbl and I appreciated his viewpoints on lots of things.

Maybe there existed times and I'm forgetting, but if you asked me right now, I couldn't tell you a single time I've had a bad interaction with sbl.

I didn't see anything in this thread that would warrant wanting to permanently leave. I'm guessing hes been thinking about leaving for a while.

*shrug* I think this is mostly about his opinions about trans folk and getting it from all sides about that. If you can't defend your shitty opinions then good riddence. 

• True 1

Just now, skillzdadirecta said:

I didn't see him being transphobic there though.

Yeah, that's why I made my edit. I'd have to dig to find past stuff. I've never actually seen the anti-trans stuff, just the the previous..."fights" for the lack of a better word.

13 minutes ago, Bacon said:

There have been like 3 times where Kamusha as said sbl was ignoring them and that is all I ever saw of it.

Was there anything else? I ignore mother fuckers on here all the time. The ignore button is my freind. @Air_Delivery said he had voiced some transphobic opinions that everyone took him to task for. Where and when was that?

7 minutes ago, skillzdadirecta said:

Was there anything else?

No idea honestly.

E:

7 minutes ago, skillzdadirecta said:

Where and when was that?

I don't know. Never saw the thread where it all started.

E2:

When posts get heated they tend to get deleted so it could be lost to history.