Neo-Nazis march in Florida.

Just now, thewhyteboar said:

Nazis should be punched in the face when seen out in public. They should be afraid to show their disgusting evil faces. But, they know they have the support of the former president so they have grown far too bold. Fuck that scum. I hope they all buy Cybertrucks and die a fiery death.

Honestly, the cybertruck’s only redeeming feature is that it seems tailor made to be driven into a group of nazis at high speed.

• Hype 1

Apparently 30 people is now enough to be called a march and get a rolling stone article written. It reminds me of the free publicity news outlets gave to the Westboro Baptist Church for a decade every time a dozen of their people showed up to protest a funeral.

16 minutes ago, thewhyteboar said:

Nazis should be punched in the face when seen out in public. They should be afraid to show their disgusting evil faces. But, they know they have the support of the former president so they have grown far too bold. Fuck that scum. I hope they all buy Cybertrucks and die a fiery death.

Per the article, they hate Trump because he “married his kids off to Jews”.

30 minutes ago, sblfilms said:

Apparently 30 people is now enough to be called a march and get a rolling stone article written. It reminds me of the free publicity news outlets gave to the Westboro Baptist Church for a decade every time a dozen of their people showed up to protest a funeral.

One Nazi is too many.

• Like 1
  • Halal 1

3 hours ago, Keyser_Soze said:

One Nazi is too many.

This misunderstands the very simple point made in my post. The entire goal of these groups having these “marches” is to get news coverage to spread their message. When news agencies cover this stuff, and publish the vitriolic quotes by the group members, they are actually promoting the message for the group. 

They will grow their membership more by this news coverage than they ever would have by just walking around in their sad cosplay outfits.

6 minutes ago, sblfilms said:

This misunderstands the very simple point made in my post. The entire goal of these groups having these “marches” is to get news coverage to spread their message. When news agencies cover this stuff, and publish the vitriolic quotes by the group members, they are actually promoting the message for the group. 

They will grow their membership more by this news coverage than they ever would have by just walking around in their sad cosplay outfits.

Yes how could I be so stupid and misunderstand your simple post? If 30 nazis were in my town I'm sure I wouldn't want news coverage on it, one more might join them or a dozen people might go down and kick their ass. Can't be having that!

22 minutes ago, sblfilms said:

Ignoring them either great before. Let’s try that again

33 minutes ago, sblfilms said:

Are you espousing the virtue of ignorance?

8 minutes ago, TUFKAK said:

Ignoring them either great before. Let’s try that again

There are many strategies in between this sort of of free publicity and ignoring them.

This is the same sort of coverage given to people like Donald Trump that cost him nothing and platformed his ideas to many multiples of people higher than he could have ever afforded on his own. They publish direct quotes of the propaganda these people want to spread. It is the entire point of the guys going out and doing their demonstrations.

1 minute ago, Reputator said:

Are you espousing the virtue of ignorance?

I’m saying they should stop giving direct quotes to insignificant people who are doing things specifically so news outlets will quote them as a means of spreading their message. 

29 minutes ago, Keyser_Soze said:

Yes how could I be so stupid and misunderstand your simple post? If 30 nazis were in my town I'm sure I wouldn't want news coverage on it, one more might join them or a dozen people might go down and kick their ass. Can't be having that!

You often seem to misunderstand the things others say, or maybe just misrepresent them knowingly. I don’t know which.

But nobody is going to fight these goons by publishing stories after the fact. What a weird take.

20 minutes ago, sblfilms said:

I’m saying they should stop giving direct quotes to insignificant people who are doing things specifically so news outlets will quote them as a means of spreading their message. 

They're "insignificant" until they run through a crowd of people with their car, or shoot up a dollar store.

I don't see how keeping people in the dark about their existence makes them safer.

25 minutes ago, sblfilms said:

You often seem to misunderstand the things others say, or maybe just misrepresent them knowingly. I don’t know which.

You like to passive aggressively insult me in a bunch of threads. It's no wonder you drive off good users like @Kamusha

Sometimes you gotta pick your fights and defending the nazis in the nazi thread isn't a great place to be standing.

30 minutes ago, sblfilms said:

There are many strategies in between this sort of of free publicity and ignoring them.

This is the same sort of coverage given to people like Donald Trump that cost him nothing and platformed his ideas to many multiples of people higher than he could have ever afforded on his own. They publish direct quotes of the propaganda these people want to spread. It is the entire point of the guys going out and doing their demonstrations.

Trump got coverage because he represented the cancer in America, I had conversations with his supporters pre 16, they weren’t finding him because of online articles. He was speaking their truth on a national level, and they loved him for it.

These people need to be ridge lined and destroyed, plus it’s a great reminder how fucked our country is, ignoring them for decades didn’t make them go away dude. We tried that.

29 minutes ago, Reputator said:

They're "insignificant" until they run through a crowd of people with their car, or shoot up a dollar store.

I don't see how keeping people in the dark about their existence makes them safer.

One more time: You don’t have to give direct quotes to the propagandists to cover them. I really am surprised at how binary you guys seem to think this is.

20 minutes ago, TUFKAK said:

Trump got coverage because he represented the cancer in America, I had conversations with his supporters pre 16, they weren’t finding him because of online articles. He was speaking their truth on a national level, and they loved him for it.

These people need to be ridge lined and destroyed, plus it’s a great reminder how fucked our country is, ignoring them for decades didn’t make them go away dude. We tried that.

Trump got historic amounts of free publicity, and importantly, basically uncritical presentations of his speeches from start to finish because that stuff drives views and clicks. You could could a Trump rally and just describes the myriad lies he spews as exactly that without just letting him spout them.

The article in question yore’s the leader describing his entire strategy which the article is directly playing into 😂

3 minutes ago, sblfilms said:

One more time: You don’t have to give direct quotes to the propagandists to cover them. I really am surprised at how binary you guys seem to think this is.

I reread your previous posts and you were against more than just direct quotes. You have argued in this thread against news coverage in general.

24 minutes ago, Keyser_Soze said:

You like to passive aggressively insult me in a bunch of threads. It's no wonder you drive off good users like @Kamusha

Sometimes you gotta pick your fights and defending the nazis in the nazi thread isn't a great place to be standing.

You don’t engage in discussion and instead just twist people’s words. You’re welcome to explain why you behave that way.

For example, nothing I said is a defense of nazis, but you aren’t able to actually engage the point so you choose that lame path instead. 

One more user to forever ignore I suppose. Have a good one, bud.

1 minute ago, sblfilms said:

Trump got historic amounts of free publicity, and importantly, basically uncritical presentations of his speeches from start to finish because that stuff drives views and clicks. You could could a Trump rally and just describes the myriad lies he spews as exactly that without just letting him spout them.

The article in question yore’s the leader describing his entire strategy which the article is directly playing into 😂

And again, those views were there before the articles, they spent decades creating this worldview they live in man. I honestly don’t know if you’re being deliberately obtuse or it’s my whiteness showing but I spoke to trump supporters before 16, I worked at a Catholic hospital I didn’t have a choice, they’ve spent decades creating this echo chamber, the racists were there before 16. 

We hate clicked, but his supporters werent finding him on cnn, they started back in the 90s with Rush.

• True 1

2 minutes ago, Reputator said:

I reread your previous posts and you were against more than just direct quotes. You have argued in this thread against news coverage in general.

I said no such thing. You are reading something more into it. But regardless, I have clarified my position multiple times after that initial post. 

2 minutes ago, TUFKAK said:

And again, those views were there before the articles, they spent decades creating this worldview they live in man. I honestly don’t know if you’re being deliberately obtuse or it’s my whiteness showing but I spoke to trump supporters before 16, I worked at a Catholic hospital I didn’t have a choice, they’ve spent decades creating this echo chamber, the racists were there before 16. 

We hate clicked, but his supporters werent finding him on cnn, they started back in the 90s with Rush.

If your position is that such coverage is unimportant and had no impact on Trump’s rise to POTUS, we simply disagree with that base premise. Which is fine. But I think my view there has ample evidence to support, I would be curious to see what you think shows that the free media was inconsequential.

As an example, this NYT article shows evidence of 2 billion dollars in free advertising given to Trump in the 2016 campaign.

15Trumpmedia-facebookJumbo.jpg?year=2016
WWW.NYTIMES.COM

Mr. Trump is far better than any other candidate — maybe any candidate ever — at drawing attention without having to advertise for it.

That is more than any candidate has ever spent on media in a campaign. I don’t know if people are forgetting, but the major news outlets would run Trump campaign stop speeches start to finish basically every day. Insanity.

6 minutes ago, sblfilms said:

If your position is that such coverage is unimportant and had no impact on Trump’s rise to POTUS, we simply disagree with that base premise. Which is fine. But I think my view there has ample evidence to support, I would be curious to see what you think shows that the free media was inconsequential.

As an example, this NYT article shows evidence of 2 billion dollars in free advertising given to Trump in the 2016 campaign.

15Trumpmedia-facebookJumbo.jpg?year=2016
WWW.NYTIMES.COM

Mr. Trump is far better than any other candidate — maybe any candidate ever — at drawing attention without having to advertise for it.

That is more than any candidate has ever spent on media in a campaign. I don’t know if people are forgetting, but the major news outlets would run Trump campaign stop speeches start to finish basically every day. Insanity.

I’m saying it’s inconsequential to his supporters, let me be clear, Trump supporters werent swayed by cnn coverage, they’ve existed in that weird world for years, I remember being forced to watch, yes watch, Rush (he had a tv show once) and the underbelly he tapped into wasn’t watching corporate media. 

Ive spoken to the fact I cut out a lot people over trump, I was raised around this shit worldview, trump won because he represented the rush republicans. Not because cnn quoted him.

• Halal 1

I think a lot of people want to come up with reasons and excuses for the Trump era, and a lot of them are trying really hard to downplay the fact that a LOT of people just flat out agree with him and think the way he thinks.  Air time and uncritical coverage only get you so far, if putting something in front of your face endlessly was all it took then this entire message board would be nothing but threads about Raid Shadow Legends.  

I still maintain that the far bigger problem is social media then time on cable.  Pre-social media if a weird Nazi offshoot in Florida made national news what was an aspiring chud in Nebraska to do?  Move?  Get an out of state phone book and start cold calling?  Put out feelers in the local community?  Your options were limited and dangerous at least in the reputation context.  Now though, you can immediately connect with the same group online and anyone else with the same idea countrywide.  

Traditional media just hasn’t caught up to the modern problem.  Honestly, I think directly quoting them is less of a problem than directly naming them and their organization.  

• Like 1
  • Halal 1

11 minutes ago, LazyPiranha said:

I think a lot of people want to come up with reasons and excuses for the Trump era, and a lot of them are trying really hard to downplay the fact that a LOT of people just flat out agree with him and think the way he thinks.  Air time and uncritical coverage only get you so far, if putting something in front of your face endlessly was all it took then this entire message board would be nothing but threads about Raid Shadow Legends.  

I still maintain that the far bigger problem is social media then time on cable.  Pre-social media if a weird Nazi offshoot in Florida made national news what was an aspiring chud in Nebraska to do?  Move?  Get an out of state phone book and start cold calling?  Put out feelers in the local community?  Your options were limited and dangerous at least in the reputation context.  Now though, you can immediately connect with the same group online and anyone else with the same idea countrywide.  

Traditional media just hasn’t caught up to the modern problem.  Honestly, I think directly quoting them is less of a problem than directly naming them and their organization.  

This, Americans do not want to admit how gross and fundamentally rotten our nation is, Trump supporters weren't duped, they were 100% into those views for decades.

• Halal 1