Neo-Nazis march in Florida.

17 minutes ago, Firewithin said:

maybe it was contrarian trolling but for a while now i always got the vibes from some of his post where it seemed like he was siding with right wing bullshit without outright defending it.   

:shrug:

I think he was the embodiment of the mythical "centrist." Certainly some views more conservative than the general leaning of the board, but certainly more liberal than you'd expect out of a self-made, small business owner out of Texas.

• Halal 1

Sbl’s opinions had a range. He had plenty of opinions as a black man who has faced racism (ex: comments he made that many white people he knew would understand something was racist but just not care), yet he was more conservative in the traditional sense than most of us, though maybe less conservative than 10 years ago. That’s really it. 

Don’t think it matters. It’s just a pity he won’t be here.

• Halal 2

I talked to him on Live last night... it was a culmination of things not all of which I entirely disagree with. 

2 hours ago, mclumber1 said:

This place has fucking purity test

I don't entirely disagree with this either despite the fact that my politics MOSTLY align with the majority of the board's. In spite of that, I've pulled back from the politics board for the most part and try to keep the conversations limited to gaming. Because most of my RL friends aren't into gaming like me, this place is one of the few places where I can talk about games. That's good enough for me. Again sad to see a good poster go especially one of the few people of color here even IF I didn't always agree with what he said and he could be a little annoying sometimes :shrug: 

1 minute ago, skillzdadirecta said:

Honestly I understood it when he said why. Some things just aren't important enough to add stress to your life unnecesarily. He sounds like he has a full plate anyway.

Yeah, I get it.

But shit, when you post with someone for this long, it’s 🥜 to see them that permanently gone.

• Halal 1
  • Hugs 3

1 hour ago, SaysWho? said:

Sbl’s opinions had a range. He had plenty of opinions as a black man who has faced racism (ex: comments he made that many white people he knew would understand something was racist but just not care), yet he was more conservative in the traditional sense than most of us, though maybe less conservative than 10 years ago. That’s really it. 

Don’t think it matters. It’s just a pity he won’t be here.

1 hour ago, skillzdadirecta said:

I talked to him on Live last night... it was a culmination of things not all of which I entirely disagree with. 

I don't entirely disagree with this either despite the fact that my politics MOSTLY align with the majority of the board's. In spite of that, I've pulled back from the politics board for the most part and try to keep the conversations limited to gaming. Because most of my RL friends aren't into gaming like me, this place is one of the few places where I can talk about games. That's good enough for me. Again sad to see a good poster go especially one of the few people of color here even IF I didn't always agree with what he said and he could be a little annoying sometimes :shrug: 

Sitting here without knowing what he said, it's hard not to have the impression that he just didn't like getting flamed back when he trolled,

5 minutes ago, Bacon said:

SBL being a troll is news to me

That's because he isn't and quite frankly, I'm getting more than a bit annoyed at characterizing him as either a troll or a contrarian.

In fact, the discussion no longer has any relevance whatsoever.  What's done is done and there's no point in beating the dead horse into glue.

• Halal 2

4 hours ago, SaysWho? said:

I talked to him a little too. I didn’t disagree with everything either.

But I disagree with asking for account deletion! :p 

I am just a white man engaged to a black woman and I would be pissed if someone said I was defending Nazis, I'm sure being a poc being told that he was defending Nazis was a bit extreme. These boards in particular can become a bit much sometimes, I think that is primarily because we all know each other a bit too well, (hell remember when a certain someone said I was a fake a few months ago?) and I have needed to take time away before for my mental health so I can't fault him for stepping back, but I don't like losing a user, even someone I've fought with before. Hopefully he comes back at some point like I did, this community needs to be maintained.

• Like 1